Backpacks on rides?

ten822

Mouseketeer
I am going to DL for the first time and wondering if it is the same as WDW. In WDW you can bring backpacks on almost every ride, even roller coasters. Is it the same at DL? Please advise.

Yes
I am going to DL for the first time and wondering if it is the same as WDW. In WDW you can bring backpacks on almost every ride, even roller coasters. Is it the same at DL? Please advise.
Yes, you can just leave them at your feet. Some rides have a net pouch for your things, too.

Yes, you can take backpacks on rides.
Just don't make the mistake I did and take on a lightweight backpack purse without ensuring you have an arm through it. Mine went sailing out of Goofy's Sky School (a long time ago) and I had to do the walk of shame, where the whole ride was shut down and I had to walk under the ride and retrieve it.

I would also suggest not taking too big a backpack. Some of the old school rides like Goofy's Skyschool have quite limited legroom and are quite a squeeze so a smaller bag/backpack is the way to go.

I can barely get my legs in Goofy Sky school. I end up just setting my bag in my lap now and hold on for dear life.

But yeah, most rides have enough room to set the bag at your feet. The only exception I can think of is the Silly Symphony swings where you set any bags on the ground.

(Fun note: took video of a little girl running over and grabbing her shoe off the ground as it came off during her ride.)

Agree with the PP about making sure any backpack on a ride is secure. You can slip your leg through the straps to make sure your bag doesn't fly out of the vehicle.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter