Backstage Magic Price Questions

fliplover

Earning My Ears
Hello everyone. I'm currently trying to save up enough money to go on the Backstage Magic tour...it sounds SO awesome!!!!! I've been saving for A LONG time, and little extra 'hidden' costs really will make a big difference as to whether I can actually do the trip. I have a couple of questions along those lines.
1) (I'm assuming the answer is no) Is tax etc. included in the price listed on the ABD website; from someone who's booked/done this trip, how much did the trip actually come out to per person (not including transportation)?
2) I know there is a singles supplement, but is there an option to share a room with someone else going solo, reducing that supplement? -I'm trying to convince my mom to come too, but she's not sure yet.
3) I'd be driving instead of flying, does anyone know what it costs to park per night at Grand Californian?
If there are other associated costs, it'd be great to know about any (apart from other meals and guide tips). Thanks!!!!!!!!!!

Hello everyone. I'm currently trying to save up enough money to go on the Backstage Magic tour...it sounds SO awesome!!!!! I've been saving for A LONG time, and little extra 'hidden' costs really will make a big difference as to whether I can actually do the trip. I have a couple of questions along those lines.
1) (I'm assuming the answer is no) Is tax etc. included in the price listed on the ABD website; from someone who's booked/done this trip, how much did the trip actually come out to per person (not including transportation)?
2) I know there is a singles supplement, but is there an option to share a room with someone else going solo, reducing that supplement? -I'm trying to convince my mom to come too, but she's not sure yet.
3) I'd be driving instead of flying, does anyone know what it costs to park per night at Grand Californian?
If there are other associated costs, it'd be great to know about any (apart from other meals and guide tips). Thanks!!!!!!!!!!

Here are the answers as I remember them
1) the price quoted is the total price. It does include tax.
It does not include trip insurance, tips for the guides ( see suggested tipping
guidelines) if you have 2 guides , it is suggested you tip both.
It does not include any meaks that are not listed.
Our trip had 2 dinners not included and that cost depends on what you want to eat and drink. I also believe there was a lunch or two not included, but with the meals they provide, we were never hungry and don't eat 3 meals a day when home.
2) Since you will not be using the transportation to and from the airport,
someone in my group had the hotel parking paid by ABD instead of the transfers. Call speak to ABD.

I hope this helps
:flower3:

We just did this trip and it was a lot of fun. As Sailing Beagle said, the price they quote is very straightforward and the itinerary specifically lists anything not included - tips are the biggie since you can be as frugal as you want with the meals that are not included. I believe we did two dinners on our own and one lunch. Otherwise there were no extra charges unless we chose to purchase things on our own.

If you are a guest at the Grand Californian, then self-parking is included. We rented a car toward the end of the Adventure to continue on our own, and were able to park there - just ask for a pass at the front desk. But, the trip starts in Hollywood and they bus you to Anaheim (with tours en route), so even if they pay for your parking at the Hollywood hotel, you would need to figure out how to get your car from Hollywood to Anaheim...Another thought might be to check long-term parking at LAX, leave your car there and use their transfers (transfer back to LAX at the end of the adventure is included).

I read a couple of trip reports about this tour and it sounds wonderful -- but it's really expensive. I called this morning about the single supplement and found out that the tour I wanted has been cancelled anyway (bummer). Probably just as well because she quoted $3,037 which is more than $600 per night (it does include a lot, but not all meals or shopping [the tour appears to include several shopping oppotunities], etc.). After you figure out ALL your possible costs, add at least another $500 (or more, for extra shopping, emergencies, and miscellaneous) -- if you have money left when you get home -- that's great! (And that might be conservative).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter