Backstage Magic Tour?

aussietravellers

who LOVE disney holidays!
I have posted this on the Disneyland forum by mistake, I didn't realised that Adventures by Disney had their own board.

Has anyone done the Backstage Magic Tour with children? How was it for them? Our son will be 10 when we do it and I am just worried that it may be a little adult for him or that not many kids go.

Also we may extend our stay at Disneyland portion at Grand Californian at the end of the tour, has anybody extended their stay? It only includes 3 nights at Disneyland and we would like to stay longer than that.

Would love any feedback from anyone who has done it.

I took my 10-year-old daughter in August, and she had a blast! I had my doubts, too, but she stayed interested in just about everything. I was a little worried about the Jimmy Kimmel studio tour because we'd never seen the show, but just being on a real TV stage was enough for her.

The studio tours had a good mix of information and displays that were entertaining. She particularly enjoyed Imagineering and the Jim Henson Studios. (She wasn't a big Muppet fan until our tour.)

And having other kids on the tour helped, too. My daughter found another 10-year-old girl to pal around with, which kept me from having to go on Calif. Screamin' eight times in a row. Anyway, you're more likely to have kids on the tour if you go during our school breaks.

I can't answer your question about adding more time to your Disneyland trip. We go a couple of times a year, and I grew up close by. I think the time spent there with the tour was enough, but others might not agree.

I took my 10-year-old daughter in August, and she had a blast! I had my doubts, too, but she stayed interested in just about everything. I was a little worried about the Jimmy Kimmel studio tour because we'd never seen the show, but just being on a real TV stage was enough for her.

The studio tours had a good mix of information and displays that were entertaining. She particularly enjoyed Imagineering and the Jim Henson Studios. (She wasn't a big Muppet fan until our tour.)

And having other kids on the tour helped, too. My daughter found another 10-year-old girl to pal around with, which kept me from having to go on Calif. Screamin' eight times in a row. Anyway, you're more likely to have kids on the tour if you go during our school breaks.

I can't answer your question about adding more time to your Disneyland trip. We go a couple of times a year, and I grew up close by. I think the time spent there with the tour was enough, but others might not agree.

Thank you so much Miss SD. It sounds like my son may like it. We were looking at January 2010, which is Australian school summer holidays but I don't think it is school holidays in the USA so maybe there won't be many children. mmmm Decisions Decisions :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter