Bad news and Good news

staylor

DIS Veteran
Let's start with the good news first. I'm still going to the Food and Wine Festival! The bad news is that my "all girls" trip has now turned into a family vacation. UGH!
Don't get me wrong, I love my DH and two DS's. But we've already been to WDW for a vacation this year. I've always wanted to go to the Food and Wine Festival. But not with kids. Let's face it, it will be so much more fun without my DS's (7&3).

Actually, it is all my fault. I made the mistake of telling my DH the wonderful rate we'll be getting, due to the fact that I work for an airline. So, he thinks since we are "saving" so much money that he should go as well. Which in all actuallity is fine except for he was the "child care". So, this means the kids would need to come as well.

Now I have to laugh at myself. I am complaining that I "have" to take my kids to Disney World. Sound's kinda wierd huh? Oh well, what's a girl to do?
Thanks for listening all!
Staci

Have you considered being honest with him?

Like...

I really enjoy our family vacations... I love to see the kids' faces light up for Mickey. This trip I was looking forward to doing a "girl's thing." I'm getting a great deal on this, and I thought it would make me come home to my family re-energized... to be a good wife & mom. Honestly, honey... I was looking forward to the break from responsibility, but I would love for you to be there with me... I would love for us to have moments where we could sneak off alone. That's going to be hard to do with the kids. Can we negotiate this so that we can both be happy? Maybe an "us" trip without the kiddos? We could get "rehitched" at Garden Grill while we're there ;)

Is there family near by that wouldn't mind watching your two boys?
If I lived in Texas i'd watch them for you :) , there is nothing better than spending some time alone with just your husband at WDW. ;)
:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

I would be honest also and talk to him. Gently explain that you Love spending time with him & the kids but you were really looking forward to some down time. We all need that once in awhile. I have a group of girlfriends that I spend time with every few months. I feel so energized and happy to be home with my family after our weekends. It really keeps me sane. Or, you could all go and he could come home earlier that you and you could have some time with the girls to relax before you head home. Have fun & enjoy, We only live once.

Would it be possible for your husband and sons to go off on their own? You can do all the girl stuff you had planned, and your husband and sons could hang out together in the parks.
How about meeting up with for a nice dinner or doing a character breakfast together?

OK, I live just down the road from you and I am still not watching your boys:D
I will back for a week or so before you leave.
October is actually pleasant here and we are all leaving the state :D
Have a great time anyway!

Great ideas everyone! I talked to my DH last night after I vented here on the website. Basically, I reminded him of our wonderful trips (to WDW) together before children and how I'd love to go again with only him, well my mom and step mom too but they both love DH and want him to go. Yes, my mom and step-mom get along great now and we are all going together. Weird, I know! :rolleyes: DH agrees and would love a trip w/o kids. So, now I'm beginning my childcare trek.

M&M's mom: Yes, you are down the road from me, actually father and step mom live in flower mound. Don't worry, I won't ask you to watch my kids. Ha Ha. I have 3 sisters that live locally. So, hopefully one of them will help out. You have a great time on your vacation as well.

Thanks again everyone, I can always count on you.
Maybe I can plan a Drink Around The World together meet while I'm there.
Staci

Pretty weird...I live down the road a bit (Bedford) from both of you! Glad the plans worked out!

Drama Tech- you have 2 days to go. AWESOME! Can't wait to hear all about your trip.
Thx
Staci

If you "must" take the kids, have you thought of getting an in-room babysitter and have an adults only F&W experience? Or, leave the hubby with the kids for the girls day out?

sters- yes, that is a strong consideration as well. Thanks so much for your reply.
Staci

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter