***Bad post...please ignore***

I second that, let's turn this into a good post. Finally got some pics of our Hummingbirds....that is a good post.

532438332_d89f1a99e1.jpg

You guys crack me up! I now fully expect this thread to evolve into a "friendly" discussion of competing camera brands (I suggest we move beyond C and P to, maybe, Kodak vs HP or something) and perhaps a discussion of how to watermark our pix.

~YEKCIM (Latin for "muck-raker")

PS: Nice hummingbird shots.

Geez Mark, Did that Hummer land on your lens??

I had a Kodak p&s, it was much better then my Mom's Canon P&S back in 1998 :)
Course my Kodak was bought in 2001, and it was 4mp, as opposed to 800X600

PS: Nice hummingbird shots.

Are you totally off your rocker or are you just going out of your way to be combative? My shot is of a rufus hummingbird. Everyone knows that rufus hummingbirds are not nice.

:pirate:

I thik that Mark was sitting on that hummingbird's mother and it was on it's way to kick his butt. There is simply no other explaination for such a great close-up shot!

Great job, Mark.

Andy

Are you totally off your rocker or are you just going out of your way to be combative? My shot is of a rufus hummingbird. Everyone knows that rufus hummingbirds are not nice.

:pirate:

My mistake; I'll bow out of this one and take my combativeness to another thread...or maybe another forum.

~YEKCIM

PS: "Rufus" is a swell name for a hummingbird; I have a parakeet named, "Fungus".

Don't have a thing to add but I am loving this thread.

Love the hummingbird (whatever type they may be - lol) pics.

popcorn:: Nothing to add...I'm just going to sit back and enjoy the show.popcorn::

I don't have any hummer pics to add, how about this cute little guy??? He was sunning himself in the middle of the road on Skyline Drive last October. Not in focus, but the best I could do. Couldn't convince DH to get the motorcycle any closer:confused3 .

skylinedriveblueridgeparkway2006018.jpg

PS: "Rufus" is a swell name for a hummingbird; I have a parakeet named, "Fungus".

Is that a shot at my user name :)

I think my Hummer likes to have his pic taken, everytime I went out last night, he shooed the Mrs off to let me snap a few. Does not like my dog though, how can anything not like this??

DSC_4857.jpg

My mistake; I'll bow out of this one and take my combativeness to another thread...or maybe another forum.

Oh great, purposely start up a controversial thread and then leave just as it gets interesting. :mad:

I thik that Mark was sitting on that hummingbird's mother and it was on it's way to save kick his butt. There is simply no other explaination for such a great close-up shot!

The trick is knowning how about the habits of the rufus hummingbird. It's extremely brand loyal and cannot resist discussions about brands. I just mentioned an advantage of another brand of hummingbird and it immediately flew into a rage calling me a pool hopping, mug refilling, watermarker. That's the best time to shoot 'em.

To be honest, though, I'm not sure that was really a hummingbird. :rolleyes: Now that I look back on it, I think it was some other kind of bird. I these are hummingbirds:

79497424-M.jpg

79497421-M.jpg

My dog's real fond of hummers, but he gets angry when people copy his pictures without asking first.

3252712-M.jpg

3252720-M.jpg

:dance3:

Mark just thought you'd be happy to know i sold the photo of your angry dog and was able to finance my next wdw trip with it's proceeds:thumbsup2 ...i did change it some to make it look like it just ate the hummingbird( little bird leg sticking out of left corner of dog's mouth) so i put my own watermark on it of course so no one could copy it with out paying me...didn't think you'd mind and would be thrilled i am using the money for a good cause.

;) just in case some one from the community board reads this and tries to start a war

sorry,,, this is the only post I have. Though technically is a pylon (sp) so I guess it could be referred to as a bad post...

DSC_0252.jpg

I wish I had a pic of a humming bird to share with you all. I can feel the love :grouphug: on the photography board and am awaiting the fedex truck with my new rebel xti. Hope I can get my watermark properly perfected before I post pics.;)

To think I looked over this post for 2 days!! After noticing it was on page 2 I figured there MUST be something interesting in this one, and there is, this thread is hilarious for a deleted post.:)

Here's my hummingbird, it's a Virgin Island hummingbird (no such thing obviously, I don't remember what type it was but it was in the VI's so that's what I'll call it :teeth:). Sorry for the noisy picture, the ISO setting was mistakenly set too high and I haven't got around to trying to fix it yet.

StJohn_villa7.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter