Bag check stretching to harbor

Yeah this isn’t largely locals. If M&F was backed up to the escalators then I’d be more inclined to blame the Passholders. This is hotel guests. I know I personally hate Toy Story because putting the stroller on the bus by myself is a huge hassle. Most other locals I know prefer M&F in the morning because it has the freeway exit and you can avoid Harbour Blvd totally.
Yeah, and let's be real, locals rushing over for rope drop are also not the norm. Most of my AP friends think I'm nuts for going over as early as I do half the time.

* The exception are people with little kids who wake up at like 5:45, so they have nothing better to do. And to be honest, my habit of taking my daughter All. The. Time started when she was tiny and nothing else entertaining ever opens until 10! Want to entertain a child at 8am? Disney! Even our local park is usually still covered with dew at that time of morning, but Disney is open and waiting to entertain your early riser. :cool1:

I'm getting off topic...:rotfl2:

Yeah, and let's be real, locals rushing over for rope drop are also not the norm. Most of my AP friends think I'm nuts for going over as early as I do half the time.

* The exception are people with little kids who wake up at like 5:45, so they have nothing better to do. And to be honest, my habit of taking my daughter All. The. Time started when she was tiny and nothing else entertaining ever opens until 10! Want to entertain a child at 8am? Disney! Even our local park is usually still covered with dew at that time of morning, but Disney is open and waiting to entertain your early riser. :cool1:

I'm getting off topic...:rotfl2:
That is us lol. We go rope drop to lunch meltdown and we peace out.

7:45. There's no Magic Morning on Friday, so it's not going to be this crazy. If you're hitting security an hour before opening, you'll be fine. Then you can get in line and they'll probably open the gates around 8:30 and you can hang out on Main Street and get up near the rope if that's important to you.

And we'll probably be there Friday morning, too!

Our first park day is tomorrow! What time should we be at bag check? Staying at hojo so I think that is harbor side, right?

Thanks!

Wow I have never seen the line this long during our trips. I might have to skip bringing a bag, I always say I want to try it maybe my august trip will be the time to try it out lol
I did it this past May - it was awesome! I had my phone in a wallet case, so it held my id, a cc, cash, and tickets. Every morning I saw the line and laughed :lovestruc

But on the Harbor side in the morning, hotel guests make up much more of the security crowd than people coming from the parking lot. Keep in mind that the Toy Story lot only would have been open for about half an hour when those pictures were taken (and when security is backed up to this extent, almost all of the Toy Story busses drop off in their normal loading zone, sending those people to the far left security tent and keeping them out of these pictures entirely)... the people pictured mostly aren't coming from the busses; they're coming from the hotels.

I was curious about this. I often park in Toy Story, but I have never ever seen the security lines like this (I also usually don't go that early) so I was wondering what would happen if you came on a TS bus to this mess. Does it still take as long to get through?

I was curious about this. I often park in Toy Story, but I have never ever seen the security lines like this (I also usually don't go that early) so I was wondering what would happen if you came on a TS bus to this mess. Does it still take as long to get through?
Every time I've encountered this kind of thing, they've dropped us off in the loading zone and we all go to the left tent. The other people can't even get over there because it's too backed up to cut across, you know? It's usually a lot shorter on that side.

I once witnessed one bus drop off on the normal drop-off side and thanked my lucky stars that it hadn't happened to us. I feel like they just made a mistake?

Our first park day is tomorrow! What time should we be at bag check? Staying at hojo so I think that is harbor side, right?

Thanks!
Well, tomorrow there's no MM, so again, it's not going to be this bad. I'd probably still aim to get there at 7-ish, but not stress if it's more like 7:10 or whatever... but since DCA doesn't open until 9, EVERYONE is going to be lining up for DL, so it'd be smart to be there early and be near the front of those lines.

WOW, that is a mess. One of the reasons we stay at the GCH, easy in and out and dont have to deal with this.

Jack

Yuck. We were there at or before opening last Sun, Tues, Wed, Thurs, and Fri (Mon we went later) and never saw security long at all. I'm wondering what crowds were like today.

We went through security at about 6:30 and waited for maybe 5-10 minutes.

It is VERY crowded. We left at 1 because it was just too much. My 12 year old and I are going to head back in a bit to see Frozen.

We went through security at about 6:30 and waited for maybe 5-10 minutes.

It is VERY crowded. We left at 1 because it was just too much. My 12 year old and I are going to head back in a bit to see Frozen.
We left at 9 because I thought it was already ridiculously packed. Equal to a Sunday afternoon. So not sure why a Tues morning at 9 was so bad.

Thanks!

my cousin walked through security around 9:30am on monday, it took about 10 mins in total.(i waited an extra 10 mins for him lol)

Just a little heads up to anyone who might be heading over right now, bag check is stretching all the way to Harbor Boulevard. Even the no bag line is a 20-minute wait right now
OK, this has me curious. As a no bag person I have to know, why a wait in the no bag line?

Would love some advice. We land Tuesday the 26th at 9am and will be headed to drop off bags at Hyatt regency then Uber to the park, I’m guessing around 10:30ish. Should we Uber to the harbor entrance for security or Uber to the DTD side? Which do you all think might be less busy at that time. Thank you!

Would love some advice. We land Tuesday the 26th at 9am and will be headed to drop off bags at Hyatt regency then Uber to the park, I’m guessing around 10:30ish. Should we Uber to the harbor entrance for security or Uber to the DTD side? Which do you all think might be less busy at that time. Thank you!
You’ll spend as much time on extra driving and walking through DTD as you’d save on any shorter line. At that time I would just do Harbor.

If lines are backed up that far, can anyone describe how/where to find the no-bag line(s)? Do you go up the middle aisle, or off to the side? Or do they have CM's directing at the end of the lines?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter