• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Bag for carrying wine onboard

gismo1554

DIS Veteran
Morning.

Just wondering if anyone knows whether its OK to carry wine onboard in a bag such as this one - https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00KYS4T82/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&psc=1

As I'm travelling solo I wanted to bring on two bottles for the cruise but not sure whether my hand luggage bag is strong enough to carry them. The other option I've seen is one like this but its more expensive - https://www.amazon.co.uk/woodluv-Ch...=1551430372&sr=1-15&keywords=wine+bag+carrier

EDIT - adding more info to clarify

I am planning on using "wine diapers" to get them through the flight itself but then will be going from the airport to the port. I am registered blind and use a white cane so I can't use a pull along carry-on as well as a pull along suitcase as I don't have enough arms so trying to find an alternative so I don't damage my hand luggage for carrying on the ship itself. I understand "coolers" are banned so don't want to get in trouble by using a bag like this if I can avoid it.

Last edited:
Both in Europe and in Florida and just get the wine there before I go to the port, I've just used my simple 99cent bag from Trader Joe's Wine Shop. Zero issues.

We will have a small carry on sized suitcase with wheels. I’ll just put the two bottles in there.

Thanks. I am travelling directly from the airport so don't think there is anywhere at the port in Canaveral to get wine hence why going to have to carry. This was why I was trying to find out if this would be allowed or not. If anyone knows please let me know. I know you can't take coolers but this is more about having something to carry them in rather than cooling them. As I'm registered blind using a pull along along with my pull along case at the airport flying over is difficult as also need to use my white stick so therefore didn't want to have a pull along for hand luggage.

I can't imagine any reason why you couldn't use that. However, I gather you are packing the wine in your checked suitcase? Perhaps wine "diapers" would work well for you. They are cheaper last I knew and are designed to absorb the wine in the unlikely event of breakage. You could just transfer the diapers to a large purse or whatever you are using for personal items at boarding.

I can't imagine any reason why you couldn't use that.

As explained in my second post above - I am registered blind and use a white cane to get around. Pulling a pullalong suitcase and a pull along carry plus using a white stick is just not possible. If I was travelling with someone then it would be fine but travelling solo this time

However, I gather you are packing the wine in your checked suitcase? Perhaps wine "diapers" would work well for you. They are cheaper last I knew and are designed to absorb the wine in the unlikely event of breakage. You could just transfer the diapers to a large purse or whatever you are using for personal items at boarding.

In terms of this yes I was planning on using the diaper things for them so this is an option just was worried it would be too heavy for my carry on itself so was thinking of carrying seperately.

Do you specifically want something with a handle that you can carry separately from your hand luggage?

Last edited:
As explained in my second post above - I am registered blind and use a white cane to get around. Pulling a pullalong suitcase and a pull along carry plus using a white stick is just not possible. If I was travelling with someone then it would be fine but travelling solo this time

In terms of this yes I was planning on using the diaper things for them so this is an option just was worried it would be too heavy for my carry on itself so was thinking of carrying seperately.

I understood that you didn't want a pull along. Was saying that I can't imagine any reason why the product you are considering wouldn't work. A bit confused how you are going to handle the cane, another carryon and this one but you obviously have a plan in mind. If that product works for you, go with it.

I understood that you didn't want a pull along. Was saying that I can't imagine any reason why the product you are considering wouldn't work. A bit confused how you are going to handle the cane, another carryon and this one but you obviously have a plan in mind. If that product works for you, go with it.

Ah sorry lol! Completely misread your comment as not understanding how I couldn't use a pull along case.

Yeah hadn't actually thought threw the bag properly though! Hmm might need to rethink. Had forgotten about the normal carry-on I'd be taking as another thing to carry! Thanks for pointing that out! Gonna go back to the drawing board. I may have to just use the "diaper bag" in my normal hang luggage bag

Morning.

Just wondering if anyone knows whether its OK to carry wine onboard in a bag such as this one - https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00KYS4T82/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&psc=1

As I'm travelling solo I wanted to bring on two bottles for the cruise but not sure whether my hand luggage bag is strong enough to carry them. The other option I've seen is one like this but its more expensive - https://www.amazon.co.uk/woodluv-Ch...=1551430372&sr=1-15&keywords=wine+bag+carrier

EDIT - adding more info to clarify

I am planning on using "wine diapers" to get them through the flight itself but then will be going from the airport to the port. I am registered blind and use a white cane so I can't use a pull along carry-on as well as a pull along suitcase as I don't have enough arms so trying to find an alternative so I don't damage my hand luggage for carrying on the ship itself. I understand "coolers" are banned so don't want to get in trouble by using a bag like this if I can avoid it.

Thank you for posting the second link... that is an amazing wine carrier... too bad they don't ship to Canada.
But it gives me the idea to go to a wine store in Orlando and see if they have something similar.

We have 2 wine bags that are almost identical to the second item you noted above. Both my husband and I carried these onto a DCL cruise back in 2016 with no issues.

Either of the options you provided will be fine. They really don't care what you have for carry-on bags as long as it isn't on the prohibited list.

Ah sorry lol! Completely misread your comment as not understanding how I couldn't use a pull along case.

Yeah hadn't actually thought threw the bag properly though! Hmm might need to rethink. Had forgotten about the normal carry-on I'd be taking as another thing to carry! Thanks for pointing that out! Gonna go back to the drawing board. I may have to just use the "diaper bag" in my normal hang luggage bag
Since you'll need to transfer the wine from checked bags to carry on bags, why can't you just put them in the carry on bag you already have?

I'm going to suggest the more expensive one. Yes, it has a cooler look, but I think they allow the soft side coolers anyway. They sell them to carry water, so I doubt this would be a problem.

Now, why the more expensive one? I think both are great, but the more expensive one has a strap that you could put over your shoulder and head (carry it cross-body), which would leave your hands free and the weight on your shoulders, not your arms. The cheaper one would have to be carried in your hand or strapped (precariously) to your luggage.

I always use a backpack as my carryon. For an Alaskan sailing in 2015, I used the wine diapers for two wines that I took from home in my checked bag. Then I put them in my backpack to carry onboard. I love backpacks because they free up my hands. I also use a Fanny pack to carry my valuables and passport.

Since you'll need to transfer the wine from checked bags to carry on bags, why can't you just put them in the carry on bag you already have?

I usually use a shoulder bag and not sure its sturdy enough for 2 bottles of wine! Last time I brought the wine at the port so there wasn't the extra carrying but I'm not thinking about maybe a backpack style carry on bag - don't usually use as difficult to maneuver on and off with the cane when needing to get out paperwork but will be easier for carrying anyway and can get a sturdy one to take the weight of two bottles.

Now, why the more expensive one? I think both are great, but the more expensive one has a strap that you could put over your shoulder and head (carry it cross-body), which would leave your hands free and the weight on your shoulders, not your arms. The cheaper one would have to be carried in your hand or strapped (precariously) to your luggage.

This is actually very true! Hmm maybe this would work with my current luggage option. I might order and give it a try as sure I have at least two friends I can give this to if I can't make it work as a present.

I always use a backpack as my carryon. For an Alaskan sailing in 2015, I used the wine diapers for two wines that I took from home in my checked bag. Then I put them in my backpack to carry onboard. I love backpacks because they free up my hands. I also use a Fanny pack to carry my valuables and passport.

Yeah this is where my thought process is now going - backpack and then can easily carry the two bottles.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter