Bahama Breezes

snowmom

Earning My Ears
We're thinking about trying Bahama Breezes for dinner one night next week. Do you know if they accept reservations? I hear that it really fills up...

Thanks!

Don't think that BB accepts reservations or call ahead seating. We ate there (across from Vistana) in October and in January during the week and had no wait. We did get there around 5 or so because we have a 2 and 4 year old and don't have the luxury of a long wait for a seat.

They don't take reservations. We asked them when we were there last year. You need to get there before 5.30 or after 8 to avoid a long wait.
Excellent restaurant however.

Bridda

Had a fantastic meal there in Feb, but watch out for the onion rings if you have them for a starter the portion is HUGE!

Awesome restaurant!! We go to the one here in ft. Myers all the time. It's such a great tropical atmosphere, good service & food & large portions! Try a Bahamarita when you go, it's layered flavors of frozen margaitas!

hi we have one hear in lontree colorado that opened a few months ago no priority seating and waits get long up 2 hrs even on week night. great food though

CPM - I'm so glad that you replied to my post! We're actually heading to Sanibel Island after our days at Disney World. Should we wait and visit the one in Fort Meyers? Do you have any other dining suggestions in the Sanibel area?

Thanks everyone for your input!

Originally posted by snowmom
CPM - I'm so glad that you replied to my post! We're actually heading to Sanibel Island after our days at Disney World. Should we wait and visit the one in Fort Meyers? Do you have any other dining suggestions in the Sanibel area?

Thanks everyone for your input!

OOOH! Nice vacation!! That's a good idea, wait until you get here to go to BB, there are so many other choices in Orlando. I live right near Sanibel. What kind of places do you like? One of my favorites is The Riviera, it's kind of expensive but the food & service is wonderful, it's Medditeraneon (sp) cuisine. Sanibel Harbor Resort has a wonderful seafood buffett on friday nights, I love dining there at Sunset outside. One thing you have to do if you are there on a Mon. or Wed. is the Nascrab races! It's so much fun, at Tween Waters Inn on Monday & Sanibel Harbour resort on Wed. they race hermit crabs, it's a riot!
Tell me more about what you like & price range. :)

Thanks, Cheryl! I can't wait for the crab races - that sounds like a hoot! Is that all the info I should need in order to find out more when we get there?

As far as meals go, we'll be doing some cooking in our condo - though my guess is that we'll go out for most dinners. We have three daughters (ages 16, 13 & 8) and they aren't very adventurous eaters. My husband & I would like to go out for seafood one evening - which place do you recommend. I'm not much of a buffet lover (although this one sounds special)., but I'll mention that one to my hubby. Do you remember what the price is on the buffet? We could leave the kids home with some frozen pizzas and a movie to watch! The view would be an important part of that evening.

Otherwise, we like Italian and spicier foods. As long as there are some basics for the kids (chicken or otherwise), we'd probably be OK. We ate at Matzaluna's when we were there in 1996 and all liked it. Is that still open and is it still a good choice? We also ate at Cheeburger Cheeburger :), the Hungry Heron and a few others that I don't remember. One of our favorite things to do was to walk down the beach and over the bridge to the Lighthouse Cafe (?) for breakfast. As I remember, prices were quite high and we're expecting that. We really don't need anything over the top or too fancy - we're a bit more on the casual side.

Have you been on any of the dolphin cruises? We went on one last time (from South Seas Resort, I believe). It was fun even though we never saw a dolphin!

Thanks for the help & advice!

Otherwise, we like Italian and spicier foods. As long as there are some basics for the kids (chicken or otherwise), we'd probably be OK. We ate at Matzaluna's when we were there in 1996 and all liked it. Is that still open and is it still a good choice? We also ate at Cheeburger Cheeburger :), the Hungry Heron and a few others that I don't remember. One of our favorite things to do was to walk down the beach and over the bridge to the Lighthouse Cafe (?) for breakfast. As I remember, prices were quite high and we're expecting that. We really don't need anything over the top or too fancy - we're a bit more on the casual side.
Have you been on any of the dolphin cruises? We went on one last time (from South Seas Resort, I believe). It was fun even though we never saw a dolphin!
Thanks for the help & advice!

I was going to email you the info but figured maybe other people might also benefit so here goes:
I think all the places you mentioned are great! Yes, prices are high on most of sanibel/Captiva. The Buffett at Sanibel Harbor is $28.95 for adults & $16.96 for kids. I don't care for buffetts either but it's a good one, crab legs, shrimp, oysters, clams, soup, main courses, cooked to order pasts, desserts. We had a nice bottle of cabernet Sycamore Lane for $26.00 not bad price. You need to make reservations for inside, they don't take them for outside but we went at 5:45 & didn't have a problem, it was full by 7.
I have taken the dolphin cruise also out of Sanibel Harbor resort, we did see lots of Dolphins. But it just depends & I don't know what brings them out.
If you're on AOL try looking under the West Coast Florida travel boards for lots of info.
Oh, I forgot another favorite of mine is Sanibel Steakhouse for steaks, and Jacaranda for night time entertainment, the only place I can think of that's open late.
Your kids will lovethose crab races, the Sanibel Harbor resort starts the family show at 6pm. It's at the restaurant by the tennis courts & spa, you can park right there & also they have good food, not too expensive. Have fun & any other ???just ask! Maybe I'll meet ya at the crab races! :)

Oh gosh, I have tons of questions? Where to start and can I remember all of them?

Let's see...

1. Are there any pizza places that our girls would like?
2. Is it ALL seafood at the buffet or do they offer any other main courses? Are the soups seafood soups?
3. If we arrive at 5:45 for the buffet, will that work for watching the sunset? I can't remember what time that happens?
4. Are there any restaurants or attractions in Fort Meyers that are "must sees"?
5. When you mention an inexpensive menu at Sanibel Resort (after the crab races) is that the same restaurant as the seafood buffet?
6. Should we stop to grocery shop in Fort Meyers before we head over the causeway? I don't know if I'll be able to wait, but I suppose it would be a good idea.
7. Any good Mexican food?

Oh, I'm getting so excited! We leave this Sunday to drive down - we'll take our time getting down there and spend three days at WDW before heading for our week on Sanibel from March 30-April 6th. Put in an order for good weather for us, will you?

Thanks for all your help!

Oh gosh, I have tons of questions? Where to start and can I remember all of them?

Let's see...

1. Are there any pizza places that our girls would like?
**oaky piazza is horrible here!! I'm from N.E., the closest is strapazzo's on #41 in Ft. Myers

2. Is it ALL seafood at the buffet or do they offer any other main courses? Are the soups seafood soups?

No, they have a regular menu also. Soups are all seafood.

3. If we arrive at 5:45 for the buffet, will that work for watching the sunset? I can't remember what time that happens?

** should be good for sunset, it's setting around 6:40pm now.
4. Are there any restaurants or attractions in Fort Meyers that are "must sees"?

**Manatee Park, to see the manatees, Edison & Ford museum if you have acloudy day.
I love Bistro 41 at the bell Tower shops, and the shopping is great also! :)

5. When you mention an inexpensive menu at Sanibel Resort (after the crab races) is that the same restaurant as the seafood buffet?

**no, they have another restaurant, it's a pub type place, burgers & steaks, chicken sandwiches. That's where the races are. Email me if you go, maybe I can meet you all there. I have a 14 year old & a 5 year old.

6. Should we stop to grocery shop in Fort Meyers before we head over the causeway? I don't know if I'll be able to wait, but I suppose it would be a good idea.

**YES!!! There is an Albertons on the corner of Summerlin & San Carlos, go there! :)
7. Any good Mexican food?
***We like La Casita, not on the Island but close, it's on McGregor Blvd. It's authentic Mexican

Oh, I'm getting so excited! We leave this Sunday to drive down - we'll take our time getting down there and spend three days at WDW before heading for our week on Sanibel from March 30-April 6th. Put in an order for good weather for us, will you?

***I'll put the call in for good weather!!! :)

Thanks for all your help!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter