• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Barbie and Ken do Disney Trip Report COMPLETED!!

Blaynexox

DIS Veteran
Introduction (1)

So. After devouring hundreds of pre-trip reports and trip reports over the past couple of months, I am attempting one of my own. Lets just say that I have been DREAMING of writing one for some time now and YES it is going to be long and YES it is going to be jammed with pictures .. but hey -- your the one who's still reading this so I guess your fine with it! :goodvibes

Warning: I have NEVER been to Disney world .. so to say that I am excited about this trip would be the understatement of a lifetime. :cheer2: (Before I continue I mine as well introduce the cast!)

The Cast :

Me princess: - Blayne Alexandra Levin - (No, there will be no use of cutesy names because frankly I cannot think any characters that actually describe me or Todd!) I am 18 and a senior in highschool. I CANNOT wait to graduate! I have NEVER been to Disney :mad: :sad2: and have always wanted to go. Lets just say I have become OBSESSED with the planning of this trip. Oh and I work at Joann Fabrics ( I HATE IT!) .. this will probably come into play!

Todd pirate: - 22. What can I say about him? He's AMAZING. He is fully funding this trip as a kind of christmas/senior trip for me. He works for FedEx and likes ALL movies including Disney. Has been a trooper throughout my insane planning process and has basically said that I can plan everything and he does not mind! :yay: He has been to Disney once, about 15 years ago. He only went to MGM, MK and Epcot and can only remember two things - Space Mountain and Splash Mountain. So, basically we are pretending that he has NEVER been before.

The Story of Us :love: :

Now, if this seems a little too much about us and not enough about Disney - Im sorry.. its crucial so bare with me ! ;) Todd and I have been together for over 3 years. I met him my freshman year in highschool when he was a senior and we have dated ever since. Im sure everyone remembers that dating for over 3 years in highschool is unheard of. Needless to say, our relationship is a bit of a novelty to my fellow students at school! :laughing: (Please hold judgements on the next part) - Todd never had the best home life so when I was a sophmore he moved in. We live with my parents, my sister, and our dog. We are one HAPPY family. My parents and Todd are extremely close and he considers them his parents. All of my friends joke that we are "married", but basically we are. He is an amazing person and treats me like a queen. I wouldnt settle for anything less ;)

This is us:

myfavpicever.jpg

meandtodd.jpg

(Probable) Guest appearances:

My Mom and Dad - Probably the coolest parents ever. Have always treated me as an equal and let me make my own choices. My Dad even put the whole trip on his credit card and allowed Todd to pay it off in installments :woohoo: Gotta love that platinum credit! Also bought me and Todd 5th row center seats to Cirque du Soleil for our trip!!.. lets see my Mom has been to Disney once and Disneyland twice. She is completely vacation phobic (more on that later) and my father had NEVER been to Disney and went for the first time in October and fell completely and utterly in love, so he was completely supportive of our trip and even wanted to come with us! :rotfl:

Krull - yes this is my dog. He is my LOVE. Todd bought him for me on our 2nd valentines day. He is 2, a chihuahua and his full name is Krull the Warrior King! He is my life and probably the only one i'll miss while Im gone! ;)

This is him :

scan0001-1.jpg

Now you can see why I love him so much!

The Story:

My whole life my father wanted to go to Disney. He always wanted to take my sister and I and also wanted to experience it himself because he had never been. However, my mother has been to Disney and Disneyland and never really felt the need to go. She is a fun person, she is just not really into vacations. Point blank, she DOES NOT like to relax. She likes to constantly be doing something. Your probably saying, "well then disney would be perfect for her" but trust me, it wouldnt. She is just not into it. :mad: I just dont get it. Needless to say, my mom doesnt see what all my hype about this trip is and my dad cannot wait for me to go and experience it. This is probably a good time to let everyone know that I have never been ANYWHERE. There i've said it. I am VACATION DEPRIVED! :scared1: I live in Massachusetts and have only ever ventured to NH (STORYLAND is about as close as i've come to a "disney vacation" .. sad.. i know!) , Maine, and once I went to Rhode Island. I also went to Philadelphia for a 3day class trip in 8th grade. So I have NEVER been on an airplane. :sad2: This is why I have taking the planning to a "DIS LEVEL"! Todd and I have been trying to plan a trip to Disney since we first started dating, but because of our ages at the time the money was just not there. In November thanks to Todd's new job, I started getting ideas for a trip. He was completely supportive of it and even announced that he would pay for it and I could plan it. THATS WHAT WE LIKE TO HEAR RIGHT! :rotfl: So it is to be my semi christmas/senior trip! YAY! Right away I bought three disney books and the passporter. Mostly I have become attached to my passporter ;) ! In November we booked a fantastic 11 day trip through AAA. This about the time when my friend Nicole from school introduced me to the Disboards. And the obsession got worse! I am now on here 24/7 and plan on doing a trip report as well as a dining report! .. enough babbling .. here is the trip plans!

Dates: February 13th - February 23rd
Flying : Jet Blue and taking Magical Express
Staying at : Pop Century
Special Events Booked : PIRATE AND PRINCESS PARTY!pirate: princess: , Fantasmic Package, Cirque du Soleil (5 row center!!)

ADR's
Planet Hollywood
Coral Reef (Valentines Day dinner!!!) :love:
50's Prime Time
Le Cellier
Sci Fi Dine In
Boma
Mama Melrose Fantasmic Package
Tonys Town Square
Les Chefs de France
O'Hana

In the next post : Our itinerary and "eduring the wait"!

.. Im not sure how much I can possibly cram into a trip report considering I have a little over a month to go still .. but oh well!

Am I really first? I'm sure someone else is posting RIGHT NOW to take that honor away from me. Great start, Blayne!! Can't wait to hear more. I can feel your excitement. Side note - my husband & I started dating in high school, also. I was 15 & he was 18. In March we will celebrate 22 years (!!!) of marriage. :love: WOW!!! Enough about us... back to your report!

You guys seem like a sweet couple. Looking forward to hearing more of your adventures.:goodvibes

You guys are such a cute couple! You actually remind me of my DH and I. We started dating when we were both seniors in HS and have been together for almost 12 years! DH's home life was a bit "iffy" at the time and ended up moving in with my family (mom, dad, sister, dog & cats) too. He lived with us until we got married when I was 20/he was 21. We too have our first ever WDW trip planned, but ours isn't till the end of May.

I can't wait for more of your pre-trip report and eventually your TR!! You're off to a great start!! :cool1:

Am I really first? I'm sure someone else is posting RIGHT NOW to take that honor away from me. Great start, Blayne!! Can't wait to hear more. I can feel your excitement. Side note - my husband & I started dating in high school, also. I was 15 & he was 18. In March we will celebrate 22 years (!!!) of marriage. :love: WOW!!! Enough about us... back to your report!

Yay! My first post! I am honored to have you as my first post as I have read your trip report as well and loved it! (Im jealous that you have triplets - that must be FANTASTIC!) Ohh that sounds like us, Todd is about 3years and 9 months older than me so when I had just turned 15 he was 18 going on 19 and thats when WE met and started dating! :love: What a coincidence! Congratulations on 22 years! :yay: Someday that will be us! :cloud9: Thanks again for the comment .. keep reading!

You guys seem like a sweet couple. Looking forward to hearing more of your adventures.:goodvibes

Hey! Welcome aboard (i've always wanted to say that ;) ) Thank you for the compliment .. I cant wait to continue the adventures as well!

You guys are such a cute couple! You actually remind me of my DH and I. We started dating when we were both seniors in HS and have been together for almost 12 years! DH's home life was a bit "iffy" at the time and ended up moving in with my family (mom, dad, sister, dog & cats) too. He lived with us until we got married when I was 20/he was 21. We too have our first ever WDW trip planned, but ours isn't till the end of May.

I can't wait for more of your pre-trip report and eventually your TR!! You're off to a great start!! :cool1:

Hey! Wow, that really does sound like us! .. Congrats on 12 years! :goodvibes Todd's home life was "iffy" to say the least! I'd say it was a LOT iffy.. but we wont get into that -- its a story for ANOTHER DAY! :sad2: Its nice to talk to someone who had the same living arrangements as me. Honestly, when your boyfriend lives with you it REALLY is like your married. Its great (MOST OF THE TIME ;) ) Everyone who i go to school with just doesnt really "get it" .. they think its great but more then a little weird because they cannot fathom dating one person for so long much less living together with plans of marriage! Anyways .. im rambling so congrats on your first trip and thanks for the comments! Stay tuned! :banana: :woohoo:

Orignally posted by Blaynexox:
Everyone who i go to school with just doesnt really "get it" .. they think its great but more then a little weird because they cannot fathom dating one person for so long much less living together with plans of marriage!

We got that ALL the time. In fact we also worked together for about 1 1/2 yrs after high school. People always asking how we could stand being with each other so much. We were truely together 24/7, but we loved it!!

Anyway, back to the topic at hand. Good job on the first post. Can't wait to hear more!!

I love your black/white photo's of you two.

Me and my husband dated since we were 14. We got married at 19 and we will be celebrating our 25th wedding at WDW this April. Actually it will be 25 1/2 years, since our anniversary is in August, but who cares, it is our 25th yr. anniv.
I always say, we had kids in our 20's, raised them in our 30's and we are kicking them out the door in our 40's-but they didn't get the memo, they are all here yet.

I hope you two have a great trip.

I can feel your excitement....WE have 5 months to go, I have been several times, actually worked there on the college program (I highly recommend) this time we are taking our 4 year old and 2 year old....it is like our first time through our kids, my DH and I went as older kids, and never have experienced it like this before. Can't wait to hear more!

Blayne! :hug: I was so glad when I popped into the pre-trip board and saw your TR!!!!! WooHoo!!! :woohoo: I'm SOOOO excited for you! Wow! Your VERY first trip... anywhere!!!??? And you're going to WDW for Valentine's Day with the love of your life? :love: Is this a dream TR in the making, or what?

You guys are going to have such a great time! Cirque is awesome - your Dad got you some great seats! :thumbsup2

I can't wait to read more!

-Michelle

P.S. Jordan used to work at Hancock Fabrics - she hated it too! Now she's at Michaels. She's also a senior. We bought her a graduation present during our trip... but I won't spoil the surprise! ;)

We got that ALL the time. In fact we also worked together for about 1 1/2 yrs after high school. People always asking how we could stand being with each other so much. We were truely together 24/7, but we loved it!!

Anyway, back to the topic at hand. Good job on the first post. Can't wait to hear more!!

Omg. I completely no what you mean. This may sound a little unhealthy, but we have been together for almost 3and ahalf years and we have NEVER not spent a day together. I mean obviously we dont spend the WHOLE day together, but the time that we spend a significant amount of time with each other each day and NEVER get sick of each other. The way I figure it is if we DID get sick of each other, then there is no hope for marriage! :rotfl: Thanks again!

Awesome pretrip report! See ya in school tomorrow morning:goodvibes
Krull is the most adorable thing EVERpluto:

Thanks .. I blame this on YOU. I wouldn't be this obsessed if it wasn't for you so THANK YOU! I know isnt Krull the sweetest little thing EVER! :)

I love your black/white photo's of you two.
Me and my husband dated since we were 14. We got married at 19 and we will be celebrating our 25th wedding at WDW this April. Actually it will be 25 1/2 years, since our anniversary is in August, but who cares, it is our 25th yr. anniv.
I always say, we had kids in our 20's, raised them in our 30's and we are kicking them out the door in our 40's-but they didn't get the memo, they are all here yet. I hope you two have a great trip.

Wow. Now that is EXACTLY how I want it to be for us. CONGRATULATIONS! That is awesome! We have been dating since I was 15, but I've always wanted to marry young, probably when Im 20 or 21. However, because of the age difference between us it makes a lot of sense! Thanks for reading and I love black and white pictures too. I have different settings on my digital camera that I like to change around! :)

I can feel your excitement....WE have 5 months to go, I have been several times, actually worked there on the college program (I highly recommend) this time we are taking our 4 year old and 2 year old....it is like our first time through our kids, my DH and I went as older kids, and never have experienced it like this before. Can't wait to hear more!

I AM just so excited! I have definitely thought about the college program. I actually am going to a college that offers it so I may think about doing it either my sophmore or junior year depending on how things are going. Thats fantastic about your kids. You guys are going to have SO much fun! Thanks for reading!:goodvibes

Blayne! :hug: I was so glad when I popped into the pre-trip board and saw your TR!!!!! WooHoo!!! :woohoo: I'm SOOOO excited for you! Wow! Your VERY first trip... anywhere!!!??? And you're going to WDW for Valentine's Day with the love of your life? :love: Is this a dream TR in the making, or what?
You guys are going to have such a great time! Cirque is awesome - your Dad got you some great seats! :thumbsup2
I can't wait to read more!
-Michelle
P.S. Jordan used to work at Hancock Fabrics - she hated it too! Now she's at Michaels. She's also a senior. We bought her a graduation present during our trip... but I won't spoil the surprise! ;)

hehe! Michelle! :hug: <-- Im sending a hug right back at you! Thank you Im SO excited as well!! Yes, sadly it IS my first trip anywhere! Although I have gone camping in New Hampshire a couple of times :blush: ! And can I just tell you how excited I am to be there on Valentines Day?! That wasn't even planned at first, it just kind of happened! Cirque I am SUPER excited about! .. hmm can you tell that im just a little bit excited for everything! ;) Wow me and Jordan are BOTH seniors and both worked at HORRIBLE fabric stores! I bet we could share some stories! Joann's and Michaels are very similar too so Im sure she can feel my pain! I cant wait to read more of your trip report and keep reading my pretrippy! Thanks again! :woohoo:

Awww.... you guys are so cute! Like Ken and Barbie cute! :love: I love it!

I met DH when I was a Sophmore and he had just graduated HS. So in a sense, we were hs sweethearts. We got married when I was 22 and we now have 2 miracle babies DD5 & DS2. We will celebrate our 13th Anniversary this October.:love:

I can just feel the excitement in your installments! I can't wait to "hear" about your trip! Have a wonderful trip! :thumbsup2

Awww.... you guys are so cute! Like Ken and Barbie cute! :love: I love it!

I met DH when I was a Sophmore and he had just graduated HS. So in a sense, we were hs sweethearts. We got married when I was 22 and we now have 2 miracle babies DD5 & DS2. We will celebrate our 13th Anniversary this October.:love:

I can just feel the excitement in your installments! I can't wait to "hear" about your trip! Have a wonderful trip! :thumbsup2

AWWW Thanks! I will have to tell him the Ken and Barbie comment because I know it made MY day! :) Wow thats just like us. We started dating my freshman year and he was a senior, so I was a sophmore when he had just a graduated. Can I tell you that was a DEPRESSING year! To go from having him in school with my to not having him there. I definitely prefer it now! ;) Aww, looking at your signature I can see that your kids are precious! Congrats on your anniversary! I cant wait to write more about it .. thanks for reading and for the wonderful compliment! :goodvibes

hey guys! Thank you everyone who has read my pre-trippy and thanks for all of the wonderful comments! :goodvibes I love hearing everyone's adorable happy love stories! :love:

My itinerary was painstakingly made from the eyes of someone who has never been to Disney. So any suggestions are VERY welcome and I would love to know if there are any additions I should make or things I should take out of my plans. They are very rough, but at least I know where I want to go each day! It is extremely difficult planning the "first disney trip" because as many books I devour and trip reports I spend hours reading, I still don't really "understand it". Meaning, I don't really understand how the parks are set up (YES i have the maps, but maps are really different from reality!) and I also don't know how much time to allot for a alot of things. I am also sure that by the time I get there I will be so completely overwhelmed that I wont even know what to do. I will probably forget what I am doing and just stare around the parks, openmouthed! :rotfl: Oh well. So here is my itinerary! :woohoo:

Day 1 :banana: :banana: (This first day is probably going to be long!)
-We are getting up extremely early. Probably around 3:00 AM (although Im sure I wont sleep!)
-My Dad is driving me and Todd to the Logan Express (side note!) - We are flying out of Logan Airport in Boston because we live in Peabody which is right near Boston. We are EVEN more lucky because we happen to have a Peabody Logan Express Station about 5 minutes away from our house. My father will drop us off and then it is extremely cheap - only $20 apiece round trip to Logan and back when we come home. Im calling this my first "ride" of vacation :rotfl:

LoganExpressPeabody.gif

-After boarding at 4:15 AM we will be shuttled to Logan where we will have to wait until 7:00 AM for our flight (we are early birds :) !) We are flying JetBlue and our flight is a VERY BIG THING to me! I haven't even been TO an airport before! I am so excited about the AIRPLANE ride alone that I don't even no what to do. Todd thinks I am so funny and keeps telling me that its "extremely boring" in which I usually respond something like "Well its not my fault you've been on a plane 10495043times and I haven't, I guess you wont mind me having the window both ways then!" ... in which case he has no choice since I've already claimed them!! :woohoo:
-We land in Orlando at 10:17 and take the Magical Express

magicalexpress.jpg

(I know you have all seen it before, however when I read trip reports I like LOTS and LOTS of pictures sprinkled through! :laughing: )

-We are going to check into Pop Century and then go down to DTD where we will grab something to eat at Earl of Sandwich and then go SHOPPING! :woohoo: and to Disney Quest. After we have a 5:00 ADR at Planet Hollywood. (I would love to have everyone's opinions on Planet Hollywood. I've heard such bad things that Im nervous about going here! :confused: HELP!)
-After we will go back to POP and explore the resort and then CRASH! I'll probably lay awake all night telling myself that im at disney world, but hopefully not! :woohoo:

Day 2 (FINALLY! - more basic plans for today)
VALENTINES DAY :love: :love:
-Epcot all day
-ADRs at Coral Reef at 5:40
-AK for EMH

Day 3
-MGM
-Lunch at 50's Prime Time Cafe
-May or may not stay for parade
-Back to Pop to change (although I have yet to figure out what this "changing" consists of since I dont think we are even wearing costumes!)
-Magic Kingdom for PIRATE AND PRINCESS PARTY pirate: princess: Yes Im 5 years old and super excited for this!

Day 4
-Magic Kingdom
-Lunch at Columbia Harbor House
-Share a Dream Come True parade
-Epcot for Le Cellier ADRs at 4:20
-Watch illuminations and stay for EMH

Day 5
-This day is undecided .. Im not sure if I want to do MGM or Epcot, but MGM has morning magic hour so we may do that considering we have dinner ADRs at Sci Fi Dine In at 5:30

Day 6
Animal Kingdom all day
-Lunch at Tusker House
-See Jammin Jungle Parade
-ADR's at Boma at 6:00
-Magic Kingdom for EMH

Day 7
-MGM all day
-Lunch at Pizza Planet (I love Toy Story so I had to do it!) :)
-ADR's at Mama Melrose Fantasmic Package at 4:00
-Fantasmic
-EMH

Day 8
-Magic Kingdom All Day
-Lunch at Pinocchio's (or anywhere else I decided on the spur of the moment)
-Tony's Town Square ADR's at 6:00
-Wishes

Day 9
-Epcot until afternoon
-Late Lunch at Les Chefs de France at 3:00
-Downtown Disney for Cirque du Soleil show at 6:00 (YAY!:yay: )
-Dinner at Wolfgang Puck Express
-Either AK for EMH or Pleasure Island to go to one of the 18+ clubs

Day 10
-Sleep In
-Mini Golf at Winter Summerland
-Magic Kingdom until 6:00
-ADR's at Ohana at the Poly at 6:30
-Then back to park until close

Day 11 LAST DAY!! :sad1:
-Packing and such
-Animal Kingdom for half day
-DTD for last minute shopping
-Back to POP by 5:30
-Flight leaves at 7:35 and we land back in reality at 10:18 PM!

ANY SUGGESTIONS would be greatly appreciated! Do you think that being a newbie who doesnt know her way around, I have packed to much in? Im a little nervous about transportation to and from different parks since I have never used their transportation before :confused: ! Any feedback would be helpful! :thumbsup2

Thanks for reading! More soon to come..!

Hi there! :wave:
I am loving your pre-trippie! You and your boyfriend are just the cutest couple, and like someone else mentioned, you guys remind me ken and barbie! SO cute! :goodvibes Anyways, you are so lucky to be going to disney for valentines day!! that sounds magical!! :wizard: My DBF and I are going to be spending our 5 year anniversary over the summer at the world, so i understand your excitement!!! Everything in your itinerary looks good, but I wouldnt be the greatest person to ask because ive never stayed on property :scared1: (YET) so I am not sure how transportation works and stuff like that. But it looks like you covered everything and looks like you are eating at some fantastic places: you should also look into some character meals--if you get a kick out of the characters, those are a blast. The only advice I have is to dont get discouraged if you cant do every single thing you planned, cuz let's face it things come up! (but if you dont get to do something, it just means you will have to plan on going to Disney again!!! ;) ) Well, sorry if I'm blabbing, just wanted to tell you that i love your pre trippie and im looking forward for more! Btw, I LOVE trip reports that have lotsa pictures too! :thumbsup2 great work!

Can't wait to hear more.

Thanks for reading! :)

Hi there! :wave:
I am loving your pre-trippie! You and your boyfriend are just the cutest couple, and like someone else mentioned, you guys remind me ken and barbie! SO cute! :goodvibes Anyways, you are so lucky to be going to disney for valentines day!! that sounds magical!! :wizard: My DBF and I are going to be spending our 5 year anniversary over the summer at the world, so i understand your excitement!!! Everything in your itinerary looks good, but I wouldnt be the greatest person to ask because ive never stayed on property :scared1: (YET) so I am not sure how transportation works and stuff like that. But it looks like you covered everything and looks like you are eating at some fantastic places: you should also look into some character meals--if you get a kick out of the characters, those are a blast. The only advice I have is to dont get discouraged if you cant do every single thing you planned, cuz let's face it things come up! (but if you dont get to do something, it just means you will have to plan on going to Disney again!!! ;) ) Well, sorry if I'm blabbing, just wanted to tell you that i love your pre trippie and im looking forward for more! Btw, I LOVE trip reports that have lotsa pictures too! :thumbsup2 great work!

Thanks so much! Maybe we should make Ken and Barbie our "code names" for the pre trippie! haha :rotfl: I am so pumped to be going for valentine's day, however valentine's day is valentine's for EVERYONE, your anniversary is JUST FOR YOU GUYS -- so that is going to be really special!! Im sure you will have a lot of fun. I hope you write a trip report! Ya know, I really wanted to do a character meal, but I think that I've decided it isnt absolutely necessary for this trip. It is something that I would definitely like to try on our next trip (;) .. im already planning!).. Anyways thanks for the advice, I'll try not to get to discouraged if we cant do everything but I probably will anyways! :rolleyes: I loved your blabbing (its exactly what I do!) Thanks for all the feedback.. keep reading!! :hug:

You guys are so cute. My dh and I are highschool sweethearts also. I was 14 (a freshman) he had JUST turned 16 (a sophmore). I was 19 when we got married. We've been married 7 years, and together for over 12 now! I know what you mean about people not getting it, but my friends were always supportive. It is a little weird having 3 kids now when our friends are just starting to get married. You're going to have so much fun!! I can't wait to hear all about it and see the pics. I LOVE lots of pics!

cool trippie!!!

cant wait to hear the whole story!!!popcorn::

Yay! My first post! I am honored to have you as my first post as I have read your trip report as well and loved it! (Im jealous that you have triplets - that must be FANTASTIC!) Ohh that sounds like us, Todd is about 3years and 9 months older than me so when I had just turned 15 he was 18 going on 19 and thats when WE met and started dating! :love: What a coincidence! Congratulations on 22 years! :yay: Someday that will be us! :cloud9:

You are so sweet! As for Triplets - it's all we know, but, yeah, it's pretty cool. It's one of those "careful what you wish for" kinds of things. We really wanted children, we just didn't expect to have them all at once!:dance3: Loving your Pretrippie report. I did notice one thing in particular. You will be landing in Orlando at 10:17 a.m. You will be landing back in "reality" at 10:18. (I think that is PM, though, isn't it?) For some reason that struck me as funny. (I need to get out more, I know.)

Transportation around the parks should be fine. We had no problems with it. Just be sure to allow enough time if you are going resort to resort because you will need to "transfer" at a park or DTD. My only other insight is this: TIME FLIES at WDW. I am convinced it is in some sort of time warp because, before you know it, a few hours have gone by. I'm sure it's on a different "plane" or something.

Have a great day!
Barb

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter