Barca33Runner's Journal: Thanks For Noticin' Me(Comments Welcome)

It's been a while since I posted to my journal, but in celebration of officially signing up for my fourth Dopey I thought it would be appropriate to actually post an update. Things slowed down the last couple weeks. I was out of town helping my sister, niece and nephew celebrate their birthdays a couple weeks ago so my weekly mileage was down to 17 miles two weeks ago and 24 miles last week. Have a good start this week and am looking forward to actually running my half marathon in a few weeks. I don't know if I am going to reach my 2:00 goal, but I am going to give it my best and think it is still within reach. I am hovering around 193 lbs right now after a couple bad food weeks (birthday cake and ice cream), but it is my goal to be down at 185 for the race and I am going to do everything I can to make sure I arrive in the best shape possible.

Much of my extended family were able to sign up for races as well. I have my sister running her 4th Dopey. A cousin running her 2nd Half (her first race since she, my sister, and I all ran the 2012 Half as our first race). My parents and aunt are all running the 5K and 10K. It should be a blast. Depending on costumes, tentatively I will be running as Eeyore in the 5K again and possibly as Rancis Fluggerbutter in the Half (with my cousin and sister as Taffyta and Candlehead), I am very much still chasing my 7:11 goal. I may amend it to focus purely on marathon finish time if it looks like the Half will be run at a more comfortable pace to accommodate the costumes.

Good luck and happy training to everyone else who signed up for races!

Weekly Mileage: 31

Starting to get nervous about my upcoming half marathon. Not sure if it is worrying about achieving my goal time (or at least something decent for POT purposes) or if it is just the normal nerves that pop up before every race. I've also started to notice some shin splint pain in the last week, but it is improving with stretching and strengthening in some key areas. I know what is usually effective for me in preventing shin splints but I tend to get lazy about it and it often comes back to bite me; hopefully I've caught this in time to be near 100% on race day.

Weekly Mileage: 24.5

Had a lower mileage last week preparing for my upcoming Half Marathon this weekend. Looks like I am going to be at about 190 lbs for the race. That's about 8 pounds lost since recovery from Marathon Weekend. Not quite the number I was hoping for over the last few months, but I should get a good indication this weekend how the training is going; if nothing else it will give me a nice bit of motivation moving forward. I have some shin splints I am fighting right now, but I don't think they should effect my time too much. No excuses for this weekend. I'll run what I deserve and I'll make the necessary changes moving forward to keep getting better.

I will post a race recap next week. I am working on quite an impressive (impressively bad) beard that I have vowed not to shave until I am below 180 lbs, so if I have pictures they may scare small children.

Good luck on the race this weekend! Hey, 8 pounds is nothing to sneeze at. While it may not be as much as you'd hoped that's still pretty good. And you'll most definitely have to make sure to post some pics in your race report of your sweet beard!

Got any particular strategy for the race?

Good luck on the race this weekend! Hey, 8 pounds is nothing to sneeze at. While it may not be as much as you'd hoped that's still pretty good. And you'll most definitely have to make sure to post some pics in your race report of your sweet beard!

Got any particular strategy for the race?

Thanks! No particular strategy. I usually start out too fast so my early focus is going to be on not wasting too much energy while the pack thins out. There is also a pretty long uphill from about Mile 11 to the end of the race, so having a little left in the tank for that is going to be important. Trying a new plan with the intention to eat very light and get most of my carbs in liquid form on Saturday to try and avoid some of the stomach issues I've had in past. I think 2 hours is still in the realm of possibility, but I'm going to need a lot of things to go right.

Thanks! No particular strategy. I usually start out too fast so my early focus is going to be on not wasting too much energy while the pack thins out. There is also a pretty long uphill from about Mile 11 to the end of the race, so having a little left in the tank for that is going to be important. Trying a new plan with the intention to eat very light and get most of my carbs in liquid form on Saturday to try and avoid some of the stomach issues I've had in past. I think 2 hours is still in the realm of possibility, but I'm going to need a lot of things to go right.

Cool! I think that sounds like a great strategy. Go rock this!

Back home and finally had a few moments to sit down and gets some thoughts together on the Rite Aid Cleveland Half Marathon

-Everything went well with my hydration and dietary plan for the day before the race. I only had a couple small snacks during the day and then chicken breast for dinner, so I managed to eat far less than normal before a race. I think basing a large number of my races around mini-vacations makes me feel like I can eat whatever I want (and I will likely continue this trend at Disney), but I am glad that actually having a plan appeared to help.

-I woke up at 12:30 AM the night before the race with a splitting sinus migraine. I was nauseous, thought I was going to be sick, and believed I would be missing the race. I get migraines every so often, but this was out of the blue and I didn't think it would clear up quickly enough to be able to run. I was finally able to get back to sleep around 1:30. When I woke up at 5:15 the migraine was gone and everything felt great...

-Then I came downstairs and my sister informed me that it was snowing. We both were very seriously considering just going back to sleep. If either one of us were doing this race alone (and if I hadn't driven 6 hours to run it) I think we would have packed it in. But we sucked it up and got in the car and drove down to the race.

-Last year at the same race we waited 35 minutes for a port-a-john. This year I was able to use them twice with no wait. I'm not sure if it was better placement, higher volume, smaller crowd or a combination of those factors but it was nice to not have to wait forever.

-I am terrible at taking photos during races (both quality and quantity), but we took a couple before the race started. One as we were walking to the starting line:
13179339_1216034311740157_6804386933875599389_n.jpg
And one in our Corral right outside Quicken Loans Arena:
13245470_10204759778393190_8299243397098069900_n.jpg

-As previously mentioned, I am keeping the beard until I lose another 10 pounds. It's growing on me. (Bad pun partially intended)

-I'm a little too much of a Cleveland sports fan, so I forgive LeBron for prioritizing the Playoffs over running with us.

-The Old Navy fleece I had on in the first picture was a remnant of my days 70 pounds ago and was big for me then. I looked a little Belichick-ian with my gigantic throw away clothes.

-This was the best I've felt at the starting line in a long time. Was very confident I wasn't going to have any GI issues during the race. The weather was actually pretty decent at the start oft he race. It was cold, but the precipitation had stopped for about 15 minutes and it looked like the race might be in relatively good conditions

-I had every intention of starting off slow, building and trying to negative split. That went out the door with my 8:36 first mile. I knew I was going to fast, but I couldn't stop myself. I felt good and didn't feel like the pace was killing me. The first three miles went great. Still under 8:50 pace. Then we hit a pretty decent climb over a bridge and I started to realize I wasn't going to be able to maintain that pace. I slowed down and settled in with a few more miles at 9:00-9:15 pace.

-Then the weather changed. It started with some light rain, but I think we saw pretty much every variation of precipitation the rest of the way with few breaks. I saw others describe it as sleet or hail, and while I wouldn't really call what I saw hail I can see how that descriptor was used. I called it snow and while the ground was way to warm for any accumulation, it made the rest of the race really wet. The puddles increased and by Mile 7 my feet and clothes were soaked.

-Maybe I could have avoided a couple puddles and kept my shoes dry a little longer, but outside of wearing fewer clothes I don't think I could have avoided getting soaked. I had a compression shirt, long sleeve running shirt, stocking hat, compression socks, tights, and shorts on. Perhaps I could have worn less (particularly the compression socks), but I'm not elite and I have worn the same outfit in similar temperatures without precipitation and have been very comfortable.

-I believe my clothing added around 5-10 pounds during the race. I did not weigh anything and this is not scientific, but my clothes have never been anywhere near that heavy when removing them after a run.

-Between my too quick start and unexpected added weight, my race kind of unraveled from that point forward. The rest of my splits were over 10:00 and I even tossed in an 11:00+ at some point, but I managed to limp it in at 2:09:35 which is a new PR.

-I ran this race last year and the course felt different and nicer this year. I don't know Cleveland (or remember race routes) well enough to know what changed exactly, but last year I remember thinking the last 2 miles were virtually entirely an uphill climb. Good job by the race organizers switching that up for this year's race.

-I don't run a ton of races and know I have been in better shape than when I ran this race, but I am pretty pumped about getting the PR. It improves my POT over previous years and removes any pressure moving forward in future races to achieve a passable POT.

-That said, I wasn't very happy with the final month of my training cycle. I allowed myself too many excuses when missing runs or switching them to a cross-training workout. It's something to improve on moving forward, along with monitoring my eating habits, to achieve my desired improvement.

-I am going to add a race in August or September to give myself one more chance at improving my POT for Dopey 2017. I have the Indianapolis Monumental Half in November and plan on focusing really intensely on that race, but having something before then will be a nice addition to the schedule.

-Thanks to anyone still following along.

Congrats on the PR! I have a feeling that sub-2hr is just right around the corner for you. Get a little better conditions and, as you know, some more consistent training in that last month and I feel like you'll nail it. Keep up the good work! Also, hooray for a new POT!

That is for sure a sweet beard. I'm in a bit of a predicament though now:

-cheer for you to lose weight because I want you to meet your goal.
-cheer for you not to lose weight so we can see how far this sweet beard will go. :P

Took a week off after my Half Marathon. Still haven't decided what my next race will be at the end of summer, but time to start getting some miles in again. Ran 6 miles yesterday and felt really good. I am going to try to run more of my training sessions at a slower pace. I know I have said that before, but my competitiveness (and a desire to get things done faster) continues to get the better of me. At some point I will be able to convince myself not to let my short-term comfort get in the way of my long-term goals.

With summer comes new opportunity and a new nemesis. I love having a garden in the summer. I mainly grow tomatoes, basil (and other herbs, but mainly basil), cucumbers, raspberries and blackberries. They are my favorites, particularly tomatoes, so I plant what I know I'll eat. I have tried a bunch of other things over the years but I either can't get them to grow abundantly enough to justify not just buying them at the store (onions, melon, peppers) or they grow so abundantly that I have no idea what to do with them (zucchini). I have already had my first homemade pesto of the year. Unfortunately it will be awhile before any of the tomatoes are ready. The aforementioned nemesis is soft serve ice cream. I love it too much. I want to have it for or after essentially every meal. Particularly if it has little cheesecake bites or peanut butter cups mixed in. I must remember moderation when dealing with this foe if I am going to be successful in achieving my goals.

Took a week off after my Half Marathon. Still haven't decided what my next race will be at the end of summer, but time to start getting some miles in again. Ran 6 miles yesterday and felt really good. I am going to try to run more of my training sessions at a slower pace. I know I have said that before, but my competitiveness (and a desire to get things done faster) continues to get the better of me. At some point I will be able to convince myself not to let my short-term comfort get in the way of my long-term goals.

With summer comes new opportunity and a new nemesis. I love having a garden in the summer. I mainly grow tomatoes, basil (and other herbs, but mainly basil), cucumbers, raspberries and blackberries. They are my favorites, particularly tomatoes, so I plant what I know I'll eat. I have tried a bunch of other things over the years but I either can't get them to grow abundantly enough to justify not just buying them at the store (onions, melon, peppers) or they grow so abundantly that I have no idea what to do with them (zucchini). I have already had my first homemade pesto of the year. Unfortunately it will be awhile before any of the tomatoes are ready. The aforementioned nemesis is soft serve ice cream. I love it too much. I want to have it for or after essentially every meal. Particularly if it has little cheesecake bites or peanut butter cups mixed in. I must remember moderation when dealing with this foe if I am going to be successful in achieving my goals.

I'm right there with you man, soft serve ice cream is the bomb (both in taste and to my diet! :rotfl2:). Just... need... to find balance... YYuuummm ice cream! Good luck with the new training cycle!

At the risk of becoming run watch obsessed I am officially getting my first running watch today, the Garmin Forerunner 235. I am pretty excited about getting it, but I know I am going to be overwhelmed figuring out how to use it. For a person of my age who has grown up with technology and thereby should have some level of comfort with it I am pretty terrible at using technology to it's full potential. My phone is still primarily a phone for me and I only use about three or four apps with any regularity. I'm pretty sure that in ten years or so technology will have completely outpaced me and I will be at the mercy of my nieces and nephews to figure out why any technology exists, what utility it serves, how and why it replaced the thing I was just getting comfortable using, and, most importantly, gaining a rudimentary understanding of how to use it. Anyway, all of the discussion about heart rate and running easier in other threads finally persuaded me to jump on board and get a little more serious about understanding my runs and how they are affecting my training and weight loss goals. I've wanted to get a nice watch for a while and this finally seemed like the impulse and utility had converged to the point that it made sense. Hopefully I'll be able to get it figured out and start using it relatively soon.

Ran 30 Miles last week. As I detailed above I am really focused on not killing myself on every training run to PR and trying to train slower. Using the HR chest strap on my treadmill I learned that my heart rate was much higher than I expected at the pace I was normally running. I still have a looooooong way to go trying to understand HR and what zones I should be targeting and where my personal heart rate fits into everything, but I am starting to realize that working from a place of ignorance wasn't helping anything. It will probably take me a few weeks to start getting comfortable with all of these changes, but I am excited to get my new gadget and to really start understanding why I am doing what I am doing and what works best for me.

27.5 Miles last week. I received my Forerunner 235 on Thursday, a couple days after I was expecting it. Better late than never. I am still getting accustomed to it. I feel like I'm Morty Seinfeld using my Wizard only as a tip calculator at this point, but maybe I'll figure some more things out. My first few runs have been pretty inauspicious. I screwed up starting the GPS the first time I went for a run and missed recording the first half mile of my run. It was 85 degrees and the sunny, so I felt decent about getting in five and a half miles a little under 10:00/mile pace. A few early observations:

-It has my VO2 max estimated at 45. I have no idea what this means.
-My resting heart rate shows steadily in the upper 30's. This seems a little low, but the heart rate monitor seems to be functioning quite well otherwise, so I'm not questioning it that much.
-The race predictor makes me feel like a bum. It has a half marathon prediction of 1:46 and a full marathon prediction of 3:41. I am expecting these numbers to come back to earth a little bit as I run more and give more data for the watch to work with, but maybe I've left a lot on the table during my previous races.
-11:00 pace on my treadmill was leading to 9:43 miles on the indoor running function of the watch, so there are definitely some miscalculations going on with some of my equipment. Not sure which is the bigger culprit.
-I've never had an activity tracker before so that is a nice addition, it has served to keep me moving at times when I normally wouldn't think it would be necessary.
-The sleep tracker thinks I get really poor sleep (both quality and quantity). I can't disagree, but it's odd to see it delineated in such a manner.
-I got the frost blue color. Surf Green is one of my favorite colors and I would say it more closely approximates that color than anything "blue", so I'm pretty happy with the aesthetics.

Not much else going on this week, just getting in more miles and trying to figure out my new gadget.

27.5 Miles last week. I received my Forerunner 235 on Thursday, a couple days after I was expecting it. Better late than never. I am still getting accustomed to it. I feel like I'm Morty Seinfeld using my Wizard only as a tip calculator at this point, but maybe I'll figure some more things out. My first few runs have been pretty inauspicious. I screwed up starting the GPS the first time I went for a run and missed recording the first half mile of my run. It was 85 degrees and the sunny, so I felt decent about getting in five and a half miles a little under 10:00/mile pace. A few early observations:

-It has my VO2 max estimated at 45. I have no idea what this means.
-My resting heart rate shows steadily in the upper 30's. This seems a little low, but the heart rate monitor seems to be functioning quite well otherwise, so I'm not questioning it that much.
-The race predictor makes me feel like a bum. It has a half marathon prediction of 1:46 and a full marathon prediction of 3:41. I am expecting these numbers to come back to earth a little bit as I run more and give more data for the watch to work with, but maybe I've left a lot on the table during my previous races.
-11:00 pace on my treadmill was leading to 9:43 miles on the indoor running function of the watch, so there are definitely some miscalculations going on with some of my equipment. Not sure which is the bigger culprit.
-I've never had an activity tracker before so that is a nice addition, it has served to keep me moving at times when I normally wouldn't think it would be necessary.
-The sleep tracker thinks I get really poor sleep (both quality and quantity). I can't disagree, but it's odd to see it delineated in such a manner.
-I got the frost blue color. Surf Green is one of my favorite colors and I would say it more closely approximates that color than anything "blue", so I'm pretty happy with the aesthetics.

Not much else going on this week, just getting in more miles and trying to figure out my new gadget.

LOL! I love that Seinfeld reference! The VO2max is a tool in determining your fitness. It isn't the end all be all, but it's a good measuring stick for progress. As a general rule, the higher the number the better. It's a rudimentary measurement of your efficiency in using oxygen.

Your resting heart rate is super low. Not necessarily a bad thing outside of an undiagnosed medical condition. Make sure that the inputted resting and max heart rates are correct on your Garmin watch/profile. These values do play a role in your VO2max calculation. However, outside of an undiagnosed medical condition, if you're RHR is low 30s and your max heart rate is much higher (say 180/190s), then it suggests you may have a very high ceiling in terms of future improvement. That's actually pretty exciting.

LOL, the race predictor makes everyone look like a bum. Only about 1% of people can actually race at their Garmin predicted time. The reason is because this is actually more of a maximum performance given your current fitness than an actual prediction. This prediction assumes you have maximized all other aspects of running (nutrition, hydration, metabolic efficiency, running economy, etc.) and that VO2max was the only aspect of your running left to improve. Thus, only the top of the top of runners will ever reach their predicted race time. As an example the Garmin race prediction for the marathon for most of us falls in the 80-85% VO2max zone, but the typical race performance zone for a marathon is 60-70% VO2max because most of us haven't or can't maximize all of those other aspects of running. So, don't feel bad. According to the race predictor 99% of us are bums!

The treadmill vs indoor feature will definitely take time to calibrate (at least a few weeks). It's based on matching your arm swing to your cadence to your outdoor pace. As the watch learns your patterns it will get more accurate.

LOL! I love that Seinfeld reference! The VO2max is a tool in determining your fitness. It isn't the end all be all, but it's a good measuring stick for progress. As a general rule, the higher the number the better. It's a rudimentary measurement of your efficiency in using oxygen.

Your resting heart rate is super low. Not necessarily a bad thing outside of an undiagnosed medical condition. Make sure that the inputted resting and max heart rates are correct on your Garmin watch/profile. These values do play a role in your VO2max calculation. However, outside of an undiagnosed medical condition, if you're RHR is low 30s and your max heart rate is much higher (say 180/190s), then it suggests you may have a very high ceiling in terms of future improvement. That's actually pretty exciting.

LOL, the race predictor makes everyone look like a bum. Only about 1% of people can actually race at their Garmin predicted time. The reason is because this is actually more of a maximum performance given your current fitness than an actual prediction. This prediction assumes you have maximized all other aspects of running (nutrition, hydration, metabolic efficiency, running economy, etc.) and that VO2max was the only aspect of your running left to improve. Thus, only the top of the top of runners will ever reach their predicted race time. As an example the Garmin race prediction for the marathon for most of us falls in the 80-85% VO2max zone, but the typical race performance zone for a marathon is 60-70% VO2max because most of us haven't or can't maximize all of those other aspects of running. So, don't feel bad. According to the race predictor 99% of us are bums!

The treadmill vs indoor feature will definitely take time to calibrate (at least a few weeks). It's based on matching your arm swing to your cadence to your outdoor pace. As the watch learns your patterns it will get more accurate.

Thanks for the info. I had a basic understanding of VO2 max, just not much frame of reference for the number. Seems like mine is OK, but a lot of room for improvement.

I kind of figured the watch needed some time to calibrate and I'm sure it will become more accurate. I'm not really too concerned about the indoor running function; I am using my indoor equipment only for slower, heart rate based workouts now so it's not imperative that the watch record accurate mileage during those workouts. It was really just a couple mile test run to see if the mileage measurement was close. One of the primary reasons I finally decided to get a watch was to motivate me to run outside more, so it's probably better that I can't immediately get into a comfort zone running with it on the treadmill. I've put somewhere around 3000-4000 miles on my treadmill and elliptical in the last four years and I am trying o break my dependency on them. I know that probably seems insane to most people, but being an extreme introvert leads me to do some crazy things.

The race predictor info is interesting. I figured they probably tended to be fairly lofty approximations for everyone, but it is interesting to hear a little more detail about the calculation. Just gives me one more carrot out in front of me to try and chase down.

I'm getting lax with my replies again. Sorry. 33 Miles two weeks ago and 26.7 last week. Unfortunately, I am off to a slow start this week, but it's for a good reason.

Cleveland finally has a Championship!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been a Cleveland sports fan all my life. One of my earliest memories is watching Michael Jordan make "The Shot" over Craig Ehlo with my dad and siblings and crying hysterically because the Cavs lost. All of my stuffed animals were named after my Cleveland sports heroes. In short, I've always loved sports way too much and Cleveland sports in particular. I have, of course, become a little more rational with age; but I still love and follow the Cavs, Indians, Browns, and Canucks (a happy accident selecting the most "Cleveland" of all hockey teams). After the Cavs improbably pulled even in the series, there was no way I wasn't going to be in Cleveland for Game 7. When the Draft Lottery for LeBron was happening I was in Germany studying abroad. Despite the success of Dirk, covering the NBA Draft Lottery in the middle of the night wasn't a priority for German television. I was on the phone with my mom and brother for an hour in anticipation and was jumping around yelling when they won (I'm sure my neighbors loved the crazy American screaming in the middle of the night). I thought there was no way LeBron wouldn't be the one to bring Cleveland a Championship. I never expected it would take this long. For whatever reason, and I know this has been said by many, this one felt different. I didn't go downtown or to a big watch party; I watched with my sister, niece and nephew and I'm sure I had as much fun and excitement as any other fan (Plus, we went to see 'Finding Dory' beforehand, so it was a fantastic day all around).

I say all of this both as a way of celebrating and also tying into my running. Sports have always been incredibly important in my life and growing up as a self-inflicted fat kid I never had the endurance or speed to really enjoy them. I never gave myself the chance to be the athlete I know that I could have been, and while it's too late now to know what my peak could have been, running and finding endurance has allowed me to finally start participating and enjoying sports without feeling like I am embarrassing myself. That was one of my main goals when I made the decision to start running and I am happy that I am continuing to work to make it a reality.

Anyway, I've been driving most of the last two days; so no Sunday or Monday mileage.

I'm getting lax with my replies again. Sorry. 33 Miles two weeks ago and 26.7 last week. Unfortunately, I am off to a slow start this week, but it's for a good reason.

Cleveland finally has a Championship!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been a Cleveland sports fan all my life. One of my earliest memories is watching Michael Jordan make "The Shot" over Craig Ehlo with my dad and siblings and crying hysterically because the Cavs lost. All of my stuffed animals were named after my Cleveland sports heroes. In short, I've always loved sports way too much and Cleveland sports in particular. I have, of course, become a little more rational with age; but I still love and follow the Cavs, Indians, Browns, and Canucks (a happy accident selecting the most "Cleveland" of all hockey teams). After the Cavs improbably pulled even in the series, there was no way I wasn't going to be in Cleveland for Game 7. When the Draft Lottery for LeBron was happening I was in Germany studying abroad. Despite the success of Dirk, covering the NBA Draft Lottery in the middle of the night wasn't a priority for German television. I was on the phone with my mom and brother for an hour in anticipation and was jumping around yelling when they won (I'm sure my neighbors loved the crazy American screaming in the middle of the night). I thought there was no way LeBron wouldn't be the one to bring Cleveland a Championship. I never expected it would take this long. For whatever reason, and I know this has been said by many, this one felt different. I didn't go downtown or to a big watch party; I watched with my sister, niece and nephew and I'm sure I had as much fun and excitement as any other fan (Plus, we went to see 'Finding Dory' beforehand, so it was a fantastic day all around).

I say all of this both as a way of celebrating and also tying into my running. Sports have always been incredibly important in my life and growing up as a self-inflicted fat kid I never had the endurance or speed to really enjoy them. I never gave myself the chance to be the athlete I know that I could have been, and while it's too late now to know what my peak could have been, running and finding endurance has allowed me to finally start participating and enjoying sports without feeling like I am embarrassing myself. That was one of my main goals when I made the decision to start running and I am happy that I am continuing to work to make it a reality.

Anyway, I've been driving most of the last two days; so no Sunday or Monday mileage.

I was a neutral party in the game but I'm happy LeBron finally won a championship for his city. I know it meant SO much to him and you could tell based on his emotions afterwards. Bottle that feeling because it's one that you never know when it'll happen again.

I was a neutral party in the game but I'm happy LeBron finally won a championship for his city. I know it meant SO much to him and you could tell based on his emotions afterwards. Bottle that feeling because it's one that you never know when it'll happen again.

I've been slightly more fortunate with Ohio State and Barcelona, so I've got most experiences of fandom covered. Heck, Barcelona only won the League and Domestic Cup this year and it was viewed by some as a disappointment because they didn't win the Champions League as well. Getting a Championship for Cleveland was on par with Ohio State winning in 2002 as an experience though. To paraphrase a nice sentiment I heard earlier today, "after you've won the losing doesn't hurt as much." I've found that to be the case with Ohio State and I think this experience will be similar.

22.1 Miles last week

I am seriously considering getting rid of the beard before reaching my 180 lb. goal. It is so much more annoying than I thought. I don't really mind looking like a hobo or being mistaken for a hipster, it's more the day to day maintenance. It takes a lot of work to look this bad. Plus it's really annoying to sleep on; I wake up in the morning and my face hurts in the same way my hair/head hurts when I used to wear hats for too long.

Oh well, I guess it is having the desired effect of making me uncomfortable and providing motivation to be rid of it. It's completely in my control to reach my goal and get rid of it then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter