• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

*** Bay Lake Tower Owners Group***

Today I was able to book TPV for nights of December 30,31. Yesterday I was unable to start on the 29Th which I also want, but I got the main ones that I hoped for!

<<<Rope drop can be difficult from BLT. You are released from security at the same time as bus passengers get through, so you are quite a way behind. The bus people are generally directed to the monorail side entrances. You will get up there and see many ahead of you. So, you need to hang back a bit and and when they let you go to BLT side turnstiles you should be at or near the front.>>>>

Just curious.....I'm a BLT owner, but never did rope drop. Wouldn't the bus guests still need to go through security but we are walking through the security on the walkway to the MK? So I feel that evens it up a bit being that we are further back a little?

Today I was able to book TPV for nights of December 30,31. Yesterday I was unable to start on the 29Th which I also want, but I got the main ones that I hoped for!
The next day, it all worked out. TPV studio from December 29 to January 1. Today I added 3 nights at Vero, so I could be there for my birthday.

Hello everyone, are the stairs in BLT open to go up and down to the upper floors? We were looking to book there, but a member in our party does not do elevators. Thanks!

I asked on another thread but figured I’d ask here also: does anyone know where this room would be at BLT…1-Bedroom Villa-Lake View. Wheelchair accessible with tub and option for hearing accessibility. 1 king bed, 1 queen sleeper sofa, 1 sleeper chair. Rez agent said probably Floor 15 or 16. Anyone know if that‘s correct.

I asked on another thread but figured I’d ask here also: does anyone know where this room would be at BLT…1-Bedroom Villa-Lake View. Wheelchair accessible with tub and option for hearing accessibility. 1 king bed, 1 queen sleeper sofa, 1 sleeper chair. Rez agent said probably Floor 15 or 16. Anyone know if that‘s correct.
Oh it's just me again - nobody new - but I'm 99.999999999999% certain the agent gave you incorrect info. There are no accessible rooms on 16 that aren't part of a GV and only 6 rooms in total that are not the upper level of a GV.
You can look at Touringplans.com and they have info on resort rooms that might help you verify but what I shared on the other thread is where I expect it will be.

(To add - the 2BR accessible rooms are on 11, 12 and 14. The only accessible rooms are in the lakeview category and they are in that bank I listed which also essentially gives a good view towards the MK.
Touringplans indicate roll in shower 1BR on 9th and 10th and HA Tub with rails on the 6th-8th floors. Sorry it's not the confirmation you are looking for. MS often gets it wrong. At one time I had them insist that the pool table in the AKV GV was at Kidani. It's Jambo.).

Last edited:
Oh it's just me again - nobody new - but I'm 99.999999999999% certain the agent gave you incorrect info. There are no accessible rooms on 16 that aren't part of a GV and only 6 rooms in total that are not the upper level of a GV.
You can look at Touringplans.com and they have info on resort rooms that might help you verify but what I shared on the other thread is where I expect it will be.

(To add - the 2BR accessible rooms are on 11, 12 and 14. The only accessible rooms are in the lakeview category and they are in that bank I listed which also essentially gives a good view towards the MK.
Touringplans indicate roll in shower 1BR on 9th and 10th and HA Tub with rails on the 6th-8th floors. Sorry it's not the confirmation you are looking for. MS often gets it wrong. At one time I had them insist that the pool table in the AKV GV was at Kidani. It's Jambo.).

Thanks again. DVC did a little switcharoo with our preferred room at SSR (agent error) and then said they didn’t have the inventory to give us our preferred room back. They gave us this option at BLT instead (we are fortunate that we don’t need an accessible room and I don’t feel good about taking it). It’s not the resort we wanted (or reserved) but we’re kinda stuck now... Just trying to figure out if it’s a comparable alternative. Family isn’t quite happy with how DVC handled it, but trying to not let this dampen the mood! :)

Thanks again. DVC did a little switcharoo with our preferred room at SSR (agent error) and then said they didn’t have the inventory to give us our preferred room back. They gave us this option at BLT instead (we are fortunate that we don’t need an accessible room and I don’t feel good about taking it). It’s not the resort we wanted (or reserved) but we’re kinda stuck now... Just trying to figure out if it’s a comparable alternative. Family isn’t quite happy with how DVC handled it, but trying to not let this dampen the mood! :)
How unusual they didn't have an SSR room to rebook after the error but they had BLT. IMO the 1BR BLT layout is better as it's larger and you'll have a full second bathroom. Plus you'll have a view of the MK and fireworks so there's that, assuming you like fireworks. The fact it hasn't been refurbed and received the murphy beds when compared to SSR is not ideal though if you are using the living area beds. They aren't the worst sofa beds in the system though.

The HA rooms are a normal part of inventory so if not booked for that purpose they are part of the general inventory and get assigned to non-HA all the time. We have booked HA rooms but I've been assigned them 2 or 3 times without booking as well.

If SSR is a big preference you can always check back and should at least have them waitlist it for you. Inventory changes all the time.

If anyone is at Fantasia Market and has time, please take pictures of what they have available at this time.
I’m considering picking up a few things like bagels, milk, fruit, bottled water, beer…..

Sounds like you need enough to order from Instacart or some other delivery service. It’s so easy and you will have a much wider selection. Just a suggestion. The selection at the convenience mart is pretty limited; it’s handy for a quick item or two but delivery is much better for a larger order than that. Bell services will receive your order and put it in the fridge/freezer (except for alcohol, which you must be present to receive while presenting your ID).

Per this article, BLT would be due in 2024. However, for various reasons DVC seems to be running behind (e.g., BWV was due this year, seems it will continue into next year), so I consider this to be more a guideline, not a schedule.

https://dvcnews.com/?view=article&id=5196:dvc-resort-refurbishment-tracker&catid=166
At least the chart indicates that DVC has confirmed that schedule for BLT. So it might be delayed (probably will be somewhat if recent refurbs are any indication), but it's coming up next after the 2023 scheduled refurbs are complete. It's something to hold onto! At least it seems less likely to, say, get skipped like BRV had been for a while.

Driving in and planning to hit Publix before we arrive. If we get there and the room isn’t ready, can I leave cold groceries with bell services?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter