BB v TL?

***SandieUK***

Florida Fan
Here is our dilemma ...

We have one visit left on our Park Hopper Plus tickets and I don't know whether we should opt for BB or TL.

We have been to BB twice and really love it but should we be adventurous and go for TL next time?

What I like about BB is the fact there is plenty to do - lots of slides and flumes (although all the steps wear you out after a while!). Also there are plenty of shady places if you want to get out of the sun now and then.

I know the main attraction at TL is swimming with the fish but I wouldn't want to do that (it's a fish thing) and the tidal waves - but you get waves at BB anyway.

I'd love to know which water park people prefer!

Personally I prefer Blizzard Beach but the wave pool at Typhoon Lagoon is absolutely amazing, waves are HUGE!!!! The slides at TL are good but I like the overall theming of BB more.

I'm more of a TL girl myself.

The surf wave is absolutely fantastic and has to be experienced at least once!! The rides are good too and there is a more 'beachy' atmosphere that you do not get at BB. Plenty of shady areas etc to relax in too.

If you have already done BB twice then I say it's time to give TL a shot. :cool:

Yes, I think you should try Typhoon Lagoon if you have already been to BB twice! The waves are different to the continuous gentle rolling waves at BB - when Miss Tilly gives the warning, the waves that appear are like walls of water!! Very enjoyable if you swim out to the point before the waves start breaking.
The theming is great too - and the swim with the sharks is a very small part of what TL has to offer. I didn't bother with the shark reef, but enjoyed the raft rides and the lazy river, and the boys enjoyed the slides.
There are shady spots at TL too, and, like BB, it's worth getting there for opening to pick your spot.

Although I agree that the water slides are slightly better at Blizzard Beach, that isn't to say that there is lots to do at Typhoon Lagoon. TL has it's fair share of slides, although they are slightly more sedate than BB. As others have pointed out, the wave pool at TL has to be seen to be believed, and I for one prefer the themeing there as it seems less 'brutal' than BB.

Regards

Rob

I can't say that I prefered one over the other. Since you have been to BB and not TL I suggest you should try TL. We love all of it so much that EVERYTHING should be tried at least once...

Tony

We tend to prefer Typhoon Lagoon too, the theming there is lovely and, like the others have said, the wave pool is great as are the rides, I'd give it a try if I were you.

Astrid :)

Thanks everyone!

I agree - I think we should try Typhoon Lagoon. You can't beat that element of surprise when you visit a park for the first time.

On another subject - what do people think of Water Mania on the 192? This is another one we haven't done yet although we LOVED Wet 'n Wild.

well I definitely prefer Blizzard Beach, which suprised me because the theming didn't appeal to me at all. But we had a superb day there and thought the kids area was brilliant, and the family raft ride - Teamboat Springs was superb - much better than the equivalent at Typhoon Lagoon.

Also, I really didn't like the sand at TL - it just got everywhere and didn't really add anything to the day for me.

Saying all that - if you've not been to TL yet, then I would go so that you can make up your own mind - I was sure I wouldn't like BB and was proved wrong, so you can never tell unless you tru it.

Bev

I love TL! Trust me, the wave pool there is nothing like what you get at BB :D

The slides aren't as white knuckle as BB, but there is still plenty to do, lots of shady spots and little private coves to rest in and the wave pool...well I could (and do) play there for ages, hehehe.

TL is defintely, <i>definately</i> worth trying.

Penny :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter