BCV can use Boardwalks Pool during SAB Closure

Someone on the Resorts board mentioned that maybe they will have a bus that would inform a guest if at capacity?

I can say I just look at website, and yup, you can tell not many people keeping BCV...lol

My big question is for how long? I didn’t realize or pay close enough attention to the fact that SAB will not reopen with the resort. Our trip isn’t until the first week of August, but now I’m wondering if I should switch us back to AKL? If SAB isn’t going to reopen by then, there’s no point in our staying there. What to do...🤔

My big question is for how long? I didn’t realize or pay close enough attention to the fact that SAB will not reopen with the resort. Our trip isn’t until the first week of August, but now I’m wondering if I should switch us back to AKL? If SAB isn’t going to reopen by then, there’s no point in our staying there. What to do...🤔

It only said during the initial phased openings. No one knows for sure, IMO, I am not confident it will open as soon as YC and BC open either.

It has to be limited in capacity for a time and I just can’t believe it’s going to easy to deal with guests who can’t get in, May be easier to leave it closed at least until they can accommodate closer to normal,

Rumors from some of my sources are saying by the end of this week we may get more info on when WDW hotels could open...and deluxe resorts are rumored to be the first,...which could see us find out more about how long this will be closed.

@Sandisw - Thanks for that info. I feel like the positive of SAB is that it is so big, it would be easy to maintain physical distancing. OTOH, it requires a lot of life guards, which may also be a factor against its re-opening. I will sit tight this week and see what info comes out...

We are also booked at Beach Club, and were looking forward to SAB, however my kids happen to enjoy the pool slide at BW - and I think the Leaping Horse Libations carousel is kind of cute. I know I'm the odd one out here, but BW pool isn't all that bad!

It has to be limited in capacity for a time and I just can’t believe it’s going to easy to deal with guests who can’t get in, May be easier to leave it closed at least until they can accommodate closer to normal,
Doesn't make sense to leave SAB closed and then funnel all the guests to the clown pool at BWV. Does SAB require more manpower to operate? Enough where Disney is trying to cut costs?

We are also booked at Beach Club, and were looking forward to SAB, however my kids happen to enjoy the pool slide at BW - and I think the Leaping Horse Libations carousel is kind of cute. I know I'm the odd one out here, but BW pool isn't all that bad!
I like the fact that the BW pool is a bit deeper than the newer pools. Our next stay is at BCV, and yes, I picked it at 11 months because of SAB, but in these times, I will take what I can get. DH and I are so ready to travel, safely.

Doesn't make sense to leave SAB closed and then funnel all the guests to the clown pool at BWV. Does SAB require more manpower to operate? Enough where Disney is trying to cut costs?

I was thinking the same thing. SAB probably has as many lifeguards on duty at all times compared to a combination of several main pools together.

in the past when luna pool was closed for refurbishment there was a shuttle taking guest over to SAB. So I imagine a similar service May be available

I was thinking the same thing. SAB probably has as many lifeguards on duty at all times compared to a combination of several main pools together.

in the past when luna pool was closed for refurbishment there was a shuttle taking guest over to SAB. So I imagine a similar service May be available
The more I think about SAB being closed initially, the more I think it's a cost cutting issue. If social distancing was the real goal they wouldn't close SAB and push more people to the BWV pool. The argument that they don't want BCV guests to be upset if they can't get into SAB doesn't hold water either. You don't want to upset BCV guests so you close SAB? That would be the "if I can't have you no one can" mentality.

The more I think about SAB being closed initially, the more I think it's a cost cutting issue. If social distancing was the real goal they wouldn't close SAB and push more people to the BWV pool. The argument that they don't want BCV guests to be upset if they can't get into SAB doesn't hold water either. You don't want to upset BCV guests so you close SAB? That would be the "if I can't have you no one can" mentality.

That is my theory but not because of BCV but more for when they open it up to cash guests. Again, nothing more than theory on my part

I believe it has to do with the cost as from what I have read it is much more than the other feature pools any given two hotels are closed, it makes sense.

We shall see if it opens with YC and BC. Rumor now is a sports team may go to YC..which could also be why they didn’t open so if that happens they don’t have to close.

The first time we stayed at BCV the waterslide was closed. They allowed guests to use the BWV clown pool during this time. we never used it but they did have a golf cart shuttle set up taking people back and forth.

I am actually surprised SAB is closed. Of all the resort pools I find it the least crowded because it is so big and sprawling.

The clown pool?! Who would walk across the boardwalk to use that?
I know I am in a very small minority, but I like the Luna Pool more than SAB. The theming is exceptional, with the bar as a carousel, the slide as a roller coaster and the end of the slide as an horror tunnel (ok, this may not be intentional). And I hate the fact that you have to exit the pool complex to go to the slide entrance.

SAB is likely in the same boat as all of Jambo, DVC cannot fully fund the opening. Many of these amenities we enjoy, we only pay a very small portion of the operating cost with the hotel unit picking up the bulk of the tab. Cost prohibitive to open for DVC only.

I know I am in a very small minority, but I like the Luna Pool more than SAB. The theming is exceptional, with the bar as a carousel, the slide as a roller coaster and the end of the slide as an horror tunnel (ok, this may not be intentional). And I hate the fact that you have to exit the pool complex to go to the slide entrance.
Same with our family.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter