BCV Pool Closure?

Canadian Tom

DIS Veteran
I read somewhere that they are closing the BCV pool in October until??? Anyone have any information about this. Thanks Canadian Tom

BCV room refurbishment is supposed to be restarting soon, but I've not seen anything about the pool closing.

Stormalong Bay and Shipwreck Pool will be closed Jan through May 2025.

I read somewhere that they are closing the BCV pool in October until??? Anyone have any information about this. Thanks Canadian Tom
It will be closed starting in January 2025 for apx 5 months. Just read on the website

I wonder if they will be allowing YC/BC guests to use the main pool at BW.
I wonder whether they will be providing transportation between the 2 pools in the form of a tram or golf cart. It seems to me that the last time they closed SAB for a long rehab, they didn't supply transportation at first, but after about a month, pressure from guests forced them to supply transportation between BWV and BC (don't know about YC).

Thanks for the info on Dune Cove pool closure. It's the pits, but I guess it needs to be done. Thanks Canadian Tom

I wonder if they will be allowing YC/BC guests to use the main pool at BW.
I expect they'll allow something like that. But for our stay, the BW pool is a very poor substitute for SAB. Plus the BW pool isn't super large, and it will get rather crowded at times - not sure I'd be happy about that if I were a BW guest, so those folks will need to monitor, as well.

I would hate to be staying at BWV from Jan to May 2025 if YC/BC/BCV have access to BWV pools.:crazy::crazy2::headache:

I wonder why they haven’t sent out any notification about the pool closure. We will be there mid October and have heard crickets.

I wonder why they haven’t sent out any notification about the pool closure. We will be there mid October and have heard crickets.
I knew I heard about the closure. When I checked, it was actually announced in late May/early June. They don't seem to make the obvious direct notifications when closing the quiet pools ..... Not like the announcement for SAB.

The poster said the SAB closure is in 2025, not for another 1 1/2 years. A lot can happen to change things! Or do you mean the Dunes Cove quiet pool? In that case, I completely agree with you. I'll be there in January, about a month after it's supposed to reopen, and I'm wondering if it will be done.

They now have extended this January through June!

I wonder how this will impact bookings at other resorts. We love our spring trip to BCV but no interest without Stormalong.

Our home is BWV a few years back SAB was closed and BEACH club and Yacht club guests were allowed to use BW pool.
I was very crowded.
Saw and heard a very entitled guest berating a lifeguard demanding a section be set aside for Yacht club guests!!!

Our home is BWV a few years back SAB was closed and BEACH club and Yacht club guests were allowed to use BW pool.
I was very crowded.
Saw and heard a very entitled guest berating a lifeguard demanding a section be set aside for Yacht club guests!!!
yikes. I also feel like BWV inventory is going to be even tighter during this time.

I was very crowded.
Haven't heard any conversation about access to the BW pool for BC/YC/BCV guests during this time. They just keep mentioning the 3 "quiet" pools on property as the alternative. I expect the previous experiences with BC/YC/BCV guests going to the BW pool might have led to not trying it again. It didn't make sense - the BW pool isn't big enough to handle all the overflow.

I feel really bad for the cast members who work at SAB - they'll basically be dumped for 6 months, at a time when life guards are in short supply. We've heard they're not opening both water parks at the same time due to life guard staffing issues - losing more from SAB, which requires similar training to the water parks, wouldn't be good. There's also a large group of non-life guard staff that will be impacted. I hope they don't have issues getting them back so they can reopen on time in 2026....

6 months is a really long time. They must have some significant issues to address and fix. Just not the same resort for us with SAB closed....

If they could use Boardwalk pool it would be listed, it clearly states what their options are. Not sure why it is still being debated.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter