• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

BCV two bedroom

Tdisney

Mouseketeer
WE are thinking of staying in a 2 bedroom villa at the beach club in Sept because we may want to buy into it. Ive read that the two bedrooms are a king size bed and two queen beds. Is there any configuration where there are two queen size beds in hte master?

No...all beds in the master BR of DVC resorts are king size.

You might want to be aware that not all BCV 2BR villas have two queen beds in the second bedroom. The lock-offs will have a queen bed and a sleeper sofa, as will some of the dedicated 2BRs. Two queens in the second bedroom is a guaranteed part of the reservation so if your reservation doesn't state that, you won't be getting it.

You might already be aware of that, but wanted to be sure. Enjoy your trip! :)

Not quite sure what the lock off you are referring to is. And So i need two request two queens when making my reservations?

Yes you have to request the 2 queens in the second bedroom. I have a reservation for Oct 2007 and my reservation specifically states 2BR/2 Queenbeds in 2nd BR.

I know this because I stare at it whenever I'm having a bad day :yay:

Not quite sure what the lock off you are referring to is. And So i need two request two queens when making my reservations?

There are two types of 2BR villas with DVC...lock-off and dedicated. Lock-off 2BR villas are a combination of a 1BR and a studio with a connecting door between them. They are called lock-offs because they can be reserved either as a 2BR (both units) or they can be reserved separately and the connecting door kept locked. Each of the two parts has its own entry door as they are really two individual villas combined to make a 2BR.

Dedicated 2BR villas are just that...they can only be reserved as 2BR villas. They have only one entry door, and the second bedroom does not have the studio amenities such as the mini-fridge or the microwave. And in most of the dedicated 2BR villas of DVC resorts there are two queen beds in the second bedroom. Only BCV has some dedicated 2BR villas with a bed and sleeper sofa due to some issues they had when building.

Bottom line...at BCV you must ask for the 2 queen beds in the second bedroom. As indicated, you'll know if you get them right when you make your reservation.

Yikes! I sure am glad I read this as I wasn't aware this was the case. I'm going in August and have a 2 bedroom booked. I'm going to call right now to find out if it is the queen beds or not.

Terry
:eek:

Plus, if you did not use DVC points to make the reservation, you won't get the dedicated two bedroom with the two queen beds in the second bedroom. You'll get a second bedroom with one queen bed and one double sleeper sofa. You can't get this with a cash reservation.

Plus anyway, you will get a queen sized sleeper sofa in the living room.

The only DVC with guaranteed two queens in the second bedroom is OKW. All second bedrooms - dedicated or lockoff - have two queens at OKW.

Here is a great site on BCV...

http://www.parkinfo2go.com/dvc-bcv/

BCV has 74 two bedroom lock-off units and 78 dedicated two bedroom units. Of those 78 dedicated units only ~25 of them have 2 queen beds in the second bedroom. The remaining ~53 have a queen bed and a queen sleeper sofa. With a lock-off 2 bedroom the second bedroom (studio) will have a queen bed and a double sleeper sofa.

Granny, Deb and Lisa,

This is all really good info that you provided. I called and I do have the queen beds. I just love this site so much and particularly all the knowledgeable nice people.

Terry
:goodvibes

Now I just have to learn how to do all the cool signatures that you folks do!

Yes at the Beach Club Villas there are only 25 dedicated two bedroom villas with 2 queens in the second bedroom. They have to be booked and they can only be booked through Member Services for DVC members.

All dedicated two bedroom villas at OKW, SSR and VWL have 2 queens in the second bedroom.

We booked 2 BR at BCV at 7 months for August and could only get a lockoff. Not really a big deal just one of the kids will have to have the pull out and one can get the bed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter