"Be Careful... Ginger Snaps!" A GOGG. 5/31-6/7

yellowlabforever

DIS Veteran
Other Titles: "I Love North America"
"Who Did that Fart? I Claim It"
"You Have to Turn on Your Nose Signal There Before You Turn..."
"Well because we were talking about chickens... and... I thought it was funny...Birds!"
"Welcome to Walt Disney World"
"Car Alarm Fireworks are the Best Kind of Fireworks"
:welcome: to my trip report!

Well, I'm Yellowlabforever. I'm 18 and I just graduated High School.
Me and DN (Darling Nana)
FSCN0211.jpg

Well, You all are in for a big treat because eleven girls+A Magic Kingdom View Grand Villa from Bay Lake Tower=One heck of a Grand Gathering.

Here is the cast of my production:
DSCN0417.jpg
The Girls
(From Top to Bottom going left)
DCOC16 (Cousin of Cousin) DS15, DC11, DSBFF(Sis's BFF) DC15 and me!

Introducing Everyone
Me! 18 years old, just graduated high school, loves Disney, etc... :)
Mom: Coordinator of the trip
DA1: Sis of Mom
DA2: Mom of Cousins, not sis to my mom.
Sis: Age 15. Going to be a Sophomore
DC21: Went with us on first trip ever, first time back in 11 years
DC15: First Time
DC11: First Time. Autograph hunter.
DCOC: First time. Cousin of Cousins (if that makes sense)
DN: Second Time. Loves all things Mickey.
DSBFF: Second Time. Went on Dnana's first time

And if you count it up, that's 11 girls! Pictures will come of DC21, and DA 1 and 2
A Sneak Peek of our room :) (We were in room 8422)
DSCN0278.jpg

Coming Up Next: Will we ever get there?

I know the pictures are a bit big... I apologize for that.

At 6:00 am on May 31st we left my house and traveled to the airport
DSCN0218.jpg

Me and DC21

DSCN0219.jpg

What all of our luggage looks like

DSCN0223.jpg

Waiting in the airport

We finally arrived in Minneapolis! A very short layover, and then we were on the way to Orlando!!:cool1:

A little in flight music :D
DSCN0248.jpg

We came up to the Magical Express

DSCN0255.jpg

And then we found our resort area Magical Express <3

DSCN0258.jpg

On the Magical Express
DSCN0260.jpg

DSCN0267.jpg

Mom and DA1

It seemed like it took FOREVER! But now we were here, and we got checked into our room
DSCN0336.jpg

And came upon this view!
DSCN0275.jpg

It was a dream come true <3

i'm here! I agree with Previous Poster...11 girls?! This should be fun! Great pics so far! I am loving that view from your room! It definitely is a dream come true!

DSCN0276.jpg

DC11

DSCN0277.jpg

From the bedroom on the right

DSCN0283.jpg

My bedroom

DSCN0285.jpg

The hallway between bedrooms

DSCN0288.jpg

I love this photo! The sun looks like a heart!

DSCN0294.jpg

Grand Floridian

Your pictures are great! The view from your room was amazing! I never thought I would want to stay at Contemporary but you may have just changed my mind :thumbsup2

11 girls.:scared1: This trip report is going to be interesting.popcorn::

It was really interesting :) Originally we were supposed to have two guys (My dad and my Uncle), but they dropped out at the last minute

i'm here! I agree with Previous Poster...11 girls?! This should be fun! Great pics so far! I am loving that view from your room! It definitely is a dream come true!
Yes it definitely was a dream come true :) I absolutley loved waking up in the morning and sitting out on the patio, listening to all the WDW goings-on.

Your pictures are great! The view from your room was amazing! I never thought I would want to stay at Contemporary but you may have just changed my mind :thumbsup2
It was awesome! Not having to wait for busses for long was great. The only busses we needed were to Hollywood Studios, Downtown Disney, Animal Kingdom, and the Water Parks. I loved it!

That night we all sat down and watched Wishes. From the first night, this is about the only good fireworks picture that I could get because I was so excited to be in Disney World!

DSCN0328.jpg

The next morning, we were up bright and early for Disney's Hollywood Studios. Even though we did wake up early, it did take until 8:40 to get everyone down to the bus, and we didn't get to the gates until 9:00, when the opening/Midway madness rush already happened. So many people! We got scared and went over to Rock'n'Roller-coaster which almost had an equally scary looking line, but once we got in it it went fast and the wait was less than 30 minutes, so lesson #1: Never be scared of the mob early in the morning.

DSCN0338.jpg

Mom smiling cause it's bright and early in the morning!

DSCN0341.jpg

Right after opening (apparently)

DSCN0344.jpg

Something seemed fishy....

DSCN0346.jpg

From left to right: My mom and I in the front and my DC21 and DC11. Can you tell it was their first time on Rock 'n' Roller Coaster? :rotfl:

So we went on Rock 'n' Roller Coaster, but I forgot to put that we had fastpasses for Tower of Terror. So we had a bit of time before our fastpasses were eligible, so we went on this:

DSCN0347.jpg

I love this ride!

After the Great Movie Ride, it was time for Tower of Terror fastpasses!

DSCN0354.jpg

DSCN0356.jpg

Can't you see I've ridden this before? (I'm the one to the right with my hands up, my mom is to the left with her hands up, and everyone else is in the row behind us. :) (I was surprised that my mom and I were the only ones with our hands up)

After that we went to get fastpasses for TSM. A very nice family said that they had already ridden it, and wanted to give their fastpasses away. There were four fastpasses for 1:00. I want to thank them very much if they happen to be reading this :) They certainly made our day.

After we got fastpasses, there was a group of them that wanted to go and see the Beauty and the Beast show. Me and DC11 did not want to see that, so we went in line for TSM

DSCN0364.jpg

My score is on the right :)

Obligatory Singing in the Rain photo :)

DSCN0366-1.jpg

Then we went and saw Muppet Vision 3D. This has got to be one of my favorite attractions. I missed the key-under-mat the first time because my cousin was wanting to get to the show, I was trying to get her to slow down and enjoy the details.

But first we went through the muppet store. I love the gags :)

DSCN0372.jpg

DSCN0374.jpg

Then it was time for Muppets :) After Muppets it was time for our lunch at 50s prime time cafe! I was amazed that we got through most of the major attractions before 1:00!

Now the nice thing about having a large group is that everyone usually gets something different ;) So without further to do, food!!!!

DSCN0385.jpg

The fish sandwich that my DA2 and DC11 had I believe

DSCN0387.jpg

The fried chicken that Sister and SBFF shared

DSCN0388.jpg

My chicken caesar salad :)

I couldn't get around to get the pictures of what the other people had, but it was good food. Our waiter didn't mess with us, and I was surprised that my sister ate all of her green beans :) (she specifically asked for them....)

Loved the RnR & ToT pics! ToT is my fav ride - I remember last time I rode it that there were some people in the front who had their hands up and my daughter couldn't figure out why they were doing that. She said "It's not a roller coaster" lol It still is fun either way :thumbsup2

What type of room did you have? It is awesome!

Loved the RnR & ToT pics! ToT is my fav ride - I remember last time I rode it that there were some people in the front who had their hands up and my daughter couldn't figure out why they were doing that. She said "It's not a roller coaster" lol It still is fun either way :thumbsup2

What type of room did you have? It is awesome!

We stayed in a Grand Villa at BLT, with a Magic Kingdom View. :lovestruc

Great report so far. Can't wait to here more.:yay:

i'm about to read your trip report, but just wanted to comment quick first. LOVE YOUR USER NAME!

I am also a Lab fan! have had 3 yellows and one chocolate :)

There were four of us that wanted to go ride TSM and use the fastpasses. So we quickly left the table and made our way over to TSM while the others finished up their lunch. I didn't get as high of a score the second time as I did the first time. My arm hurt too much :( Oh and I forgot that after Muppets we went on Star Tours.

After TSM we met up with everyone else to take fun pictures and see Muppet Vision again, where I showed everyone the key under the mat :) Then we took some fun pictures.
DSCN0410.jpg

Then we went back to the room for a nap. We returned at around 6 or 7 and rode TSM with our fastpasses, then four of us had fastpasses for RnR so we rode that again (I was the only one who took the advantage of the FPs, because they all wanted to be with the group.....)

We thought about seeing Fantasmic, but by the time that we were done eating these
DSCN0426.jpg

They said it was standing room only. So we decided to beat the crowds and head over to Epcot for EMH!

i'm about to read your trip report, but just wanted to comment quick first. LOVE YOUR USER NAME!

I am also a Lab fan! have had 3 yellows and one chocolate :)

Thanks :) My lab is a yellow and I absolutley adore him :love: His name is Ole, because he's big and blonde :rotfl: (my mom came up with the name)

So we decided to take a bus over to epcot. We were walking towards Soarin' and decided to go on that. Along the way I took this picture which is my favorite picture of the whole trip :lovestruc

DSCN0438.jpg

I like how Spaceship earth and I are in focus and everyone else is blurry :)

Anyways, we went on Soarin. After Soarin' we decided that we were all too tired, so we got food and went back to BLT on the monorail.

Next Day: Blizzard Beach.

Good update. :banana: Can't wait to hear about Blizzard Beach. Thinking about going here in March 2011.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter