Be Our Guest, Artist Point, or Cinderella's Royal Table

missmickey

Mouseketeer
If you could only pick one which would it be and why?
We are a family of 4 (daughters) are 11 and 14.
We did CRT the last time we visited DW - 5 years ago - when they were 6 and 9 (not sure how much they remember). Haven't tried the other two.
TIA :-)

Are your kids interested in characters? (I was still interested as a teenager and am still now as an adult). Be our guest is really nice inside, but the character interaction is awful. I think Artist Point would be a good choice for older kids as long as they aren't too interested in princesses. It has great character interaction and can be fun for older kids too, especially with the evil queen and the restaurant is nicely themed. My son is obsessed with CRT so we still go, but I could take or leave it.

I've heard wonderful things about the food and the theming at Artist Point, so that would be my vote! We were less than impressed with our CRT experience but we do love the food at Be Our Guest.

Thanks! We are definitely interested in the character interaction, but which characters doesn't matter. Atmosphere and food are also important:-)

Are you traveling to Wilderness lodge (not to be confused with Fort Wilderness (horse/pony rides) and the boat will be running between them starting Oct 1st).

The food at CRT $84 per person (your kids count as adults as well) has improved vs 5 years ago when we would routinely skip it in favor of BOG (the mussels appetizer was almost as big as BoG entree). We went when there was no character interaction and still found the food/picture with Cinderella in the background worth it. No bread rolls but we usually leave full.

BOG has gone up in price to $70; at 6 pm they usually have a 40 min wait to be seated) and they still haven’t brought back the photo opportunity with the Beast (they should have Belle and the Beast dance in the ballroom or something); the dessert is just a kid’s sampling and needs to be more mature French style (creme brûlée etc). Food is decent and the Vegan dessert is great. We try to get seated in the ballroom (best, but very loud).

At Story Book dining we had a long wait because we added a child (high chair to a 4 top table; their mushroom soup was just as good at CRT but the prime rib was like Hollywood and Vine (good but not great) and desserts were ok; the waitress overturned the box of chocolates onto a plate rather than taking each one out with a tong. There was a stranger who walked in and was being led out by security and our DD didn’t realize there were characters (we went when they were socially distanced and our table was next to the kitchen); we ended up not going back to the park and just went back to our resort. There was no picture with the Evil Queen.

With teens and character interactions back I would choose Story book dining because the location is so relaxing, interaction is great from videos online and food is decent.

If you don’t want to waste time on transportation then BOG would be the way to go.

Last edited:

Be Our Guest for sure.

I feel everyone (with daughters especially) should go once.

Not cheap but different from the other sit-downs.

This time we are doing CRT on our first Mk night and Ohana on our second (beef was still inedible - hard as a rock and smell of lighter fluid?; but chicken noodles shrimp was good; something to consider if you’re willing to travel from the resorts anyway). We have it booked at 4 pm and then will take the monorail to MK (Disney extended park hours 2 weeks before our trip).

All my opinions are based on 2019, so bear that in mind.

Best character interactions are at Artist Point - the evil queen is great. Food is mediocre at all three, but I would give the edge to Artist Point. BOG has a nice atmosphere in the rooms, best in the ball room or west wing but not really any interaction with characters - especially if you don't even get a picture op with the Beast. Princesses are great and nothing beats eating in Cinderella's Castle for atmosphere, but you have done that and your girls are older. So, my vote is for Artist Point.

Have fun, all three are good experiences.

Another vote for Artist Point. Very cool atmosphere, great character interaction and the food is a notch above CRT and BOG.

Artist Point!

Have done Artist Point 2x myself (Jan 2020 and June 2022) and my family has gone 3x (2019, 2020, and 2022). Every single time was consistently a great experience!

Agree with @gottalovepluto that BOG food was crap, maybe meh at best for us. Maybe it wasn't yet up to standard since it was during the reopening from the pandemic? (Also, the Beast never came anywhere near us so we couldn't really see him - between that and the food DD and I have not had a desire to go back). Everyone in my family used to do BOG for breakfast and lunch before the shutdown and we loved it!

We've only done CRT once for breakfast (this past June) and it was OK. Maybe a one-and-done, maybe not. We liked Artist Point's food a lot better but it's hard to compare breakfast and dinner. CRT was kind of crowded table-wise though where we were seated and it was hard to move about to get photos with the princesses. It was cool being inside the castle!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter