Beach and cabin questions...

tooraloora

Earning My Ears
3 weeks and counting to our first ever WDW vacation. Staying at a cabin. Woo hoo. Is there a sand beach at FW? Should we bring a few buckets and shovels? What about beach towels?

I noticed on one site what to bring for the cabins (like salt and pepper, coffee filters etc.). Have you noticed anything that was especially handy to have?

Has anyone tried this new bus system with the colour coding? Can you use it within the campground itself?

Thanks in advance :D

There is a sand beach but they don't allow swimming in the lake anymore. I think it is because of harmful bacteria and other nasty junk in the lakes. I saw several people playing in the sand with their kids the last few times I was at FW. There are beach/lounge chairs on the sand too. But I personally wouldn't fool with bringing the sand toys since you shouldn't go in the water anymore. But if your kids love the sand then I would say go for it.

I have seen that list of things to take and I think it covers it all. The only extra thing I really bring - other than food and drinks - is my own pillow because I am picky and I think that the pillows in the cabins leave much to be desired :)

I haven't been to FW since they started the new bus system but it sounds great to me. I am sure you will have a great time :)

If you'll be using your grill - remember to bring your own charcoal & lighter fluid! :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter