BEACH CLUB BUS SERVICE

LuvThumper

Earning My Ears
I’m planning a WDW trip for 4 adult women late February 2019. Our plans include spending an equal amount of time in each park, we will have park hopper tix. We are experienced guests having stayed several times at the 3 monorail resorts. Looking for a change of scenery, we decided to try Beach Club. Booking for 2019 packages opens tomorrow and I’m having serious doubts about BC because of negative reviews I’ve read about their bus transportation for MK/AK.

If you have stayed at BC/YC recently, could you please share your experience with the bus transportation?
Thank you!

I didn't have a problem with the bus service there back in January 2018. There was one day mid-day where I'd just missed the bus and didn't want to wait 20 min or so for the next one and just got an Uber. I was meeting people from another resort who had walked right onto a bus at their stop.

We were there in early June and did not have a problem. Pickup at AK took forever one day. We found that’s it’s also easy to hop on a Boardwalk bus and walk over if you’ve just missed a BC bus or if it’s taking forever.

No real issues but I’m also fairly patient. It’s free bus service after all.

Bus service is always hit or miss IMO.

However, with park hoppers you always have the option to take the monorail between Epcot and MK

I didn't have a problem with the bus service there back in January 2018. There was one day mid-day where I'd just missed the bus and didn't want to wait 20 min or so for the next one and just got an Uber. I was meeting people from another resort who had walked right onto a bus at their stop.[/QUOT
Thank you for sharing your experience!

We were there in early June and did not have a problem. Pickup at AK took forever one day. We found that’s it’s also easy to hop on a Boardwalk bus and walk over if you’ve just missed a BC bus or if it’s taking forever.

No real issues but I’m also fairly patient. It’s free bus service after all.
Yes, of the few bus issues I’ve had over many stays, it’s usually a park to resort delay vs. resort to park. Thanks for your reply!

Personally, the bus transportation from an Epcot resort is not that bad, but the ability to walk to DHS or Epcot cannot be beaten. Personally, I think the bus service to MK/AK from an Epcot resort is better than the bus transportation from GF to DHS or AK.
We are looking forward to strolling into world showcase whenever we want! Thanks for your reply!

We've stayed at BC/YC a number of times and never had any issues with the bus services. We have had to wait a bit occasionally but we've had that happen wherever we've stayed. We found monorail service to/from the Poly in May to be far more inconsistent.

Stayed last July and had zero issues. We didn't love having to stop at Yacht Club on the way "home," but the buses came with reasonable frequency.

The buses are the buses and the service is the same at every resort, some good - some bad. I've stayed at almost every resort on property and have had good days and bad days.

Yes to this. I've stayed at a number of WDW resorts. Some days the bus waits are minimal...others seem to take a long time. I have never noticed anything particularly bad about Beach Club. They all have good days and not-so-good days.

We are looking forward to strolling into world showcase whenever we want! Thanks for your reply!
This is one of the best reasons to stay at an Epcot resort. Makes it really easy to go grab a dinner at a great restaurant or grab a drink. Also, the nice think about staying at an Epcot resort is it takes no more than 15-20 minutes to get back to your room after Illuminations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter