Beach Club Villas

MarieA I think you will have a great time in August. That is the time of year we first went to the BC and also last year for our first BCV studio stay. It will be very hot and humid as I am sure you expect, but that is what is so great about having SAB to go in and being so close to Epcot and MGM. Sounds like you got a great contract. :thumbsup2 I wish we could afford that many points, good for you! I think your kids(late teens, early twenties) will love staying at the BCV. They can wander off to the Boardwalk, Epcot, MGM, or just hang out at the pool. Just thinking about it, gives me goosebumps. LOL! :teeth:

To the original OP: Can you tell we love BCV? Good Luck with your decision.

We own 175 points at BCV, but have only stayed once since purchase in 2003. Love love love the closeness to Epcot, and so much to see and do right in that area. Great for nighttime walks around the lake! That being said, DH has fallen in love with OKW since we've ended up staying there the last 2 vacation trips! He likes the quiet, relaxed atmosphere and feels like he's really on vacation there. We are toying with the idea of selling our BCV contract to purchase (more) OKW points for the same $$. Not too sure how I feel about it though!...I really like the YC/BC/BW area!

I'm sure we'll love BCV. We are looking forward to our vacation in August. I have 4 weeks off at the end of the summer, so we have to travel at that time because of my job. Most of our trips to Disney have been in the middle to end of August and the weather is always hot and humid. As long as I'm in Disney I can deal with the heat.

We were lucky that we were able to get such a great contract. When we were looking at the DVC resales we made sure that the contracts we bid on had alot of banked points.

and they love it. In fact they are there right now (wish I was too). They also like the quiet. Right now we like to have alot to do, especially at night. I'm sure there will come a time where all we want to do is relax and OKW and SSR sound perfect for that type of vacation. You guys can use your BCV points for OKW but I guess the 7 month window is sometimes a problem.

When we purchased in 2002, BCV was the resort that DVC was pushing. We really loved the theming and the location. (The Epcot Resorts Area rocks!) It's great being so close to the the World Showcase. As much as I love our home resort, I am not a BCV snob. We have really enjoyed staying at the other DVC resorts. But having the 11 month window at BCV will be more important as it gets more difficult to get reservations during the popular times of the year.

We first looked at DVC back when OKW was first opened and at that time we felt that WDW was a wonderful to vacation but that there were other places we wished out kids to experience through this country.

Since then our kids have grown up and have had kids of there own, Grandma and I saw BCV as it was being built so we took another look because of its location, location and location and with the idea that this would be a wonderful place for families to gather. We took the plunge in February 2002 and now have four contracts all at BCV. Thus far, we have spent each year at BCV, two Thanksgivings family reunions and Grandma and I have spent three to four weeks in January/February during the other three years. :love:

Sammy said:
We own 175 points at BCV, but have only stayed once since purchase in 2003. Love love love the closeness to Epcot, and so much to see and do right in that area. Great for nighttime walks around the lake! That being said, DH has fallen in love with OKW since we've ended up staying there the last 2 vacation trips! He likes the quiet, relaxed atmosphere and feels like he's really on vacation there. We are toying with the idea of selling our BCV contract to purchase (more) OKW points for the same $$. Not too sure how I feel about it though!...I really like the YC/BC/BW area!

I own 250 points at VWL and think I would like to swap 100 of those points for BCV points. Epcot is my favorite resort. After I visit BCV in August I may look into this. Is it doable?

LakeAriel,

A week or so ago vascubaguy started a thread saying wouldn't it be great to be able to swap your points, within certain parameters, with other members who want to swap. I don't think a lot of Disers thought it was a good idea. However, I think it would be great. As I stated earlier on this thread, I would gladly swap my 150 VWL points for 150 BCV points. That's why we added on at BCV. Love the location, the beachy feel, proximity to parks, nightlife, SAB, you name it. I don't think I'm a BCV snob, its just that the place feels like "home" to us. If we owned a vacation home it would be at the beach. BWV is in the same location essentially, but the feel, for us, just isn't the same.

Let me know if you figure out a way to swap!

I could just get on a waitlist for BCV points and let DVC buy back my VWL points, right?

Thanks this has been a great thread. You guys have me excited about us trying to buy the BCV. Only prob not alot out there right now. But we going 1st week in may for a week and cant wait. Im gonna try and take a look at a Villa if someone would let us in lol.

LakeAriel--
You should just get on the waitlist--it could take a while. I was on the waitlist about 3 months before my 100 BCV points with a June UY came through.

As far as having Disney buy back your points, I don't know if it is that simple, but it may be, you'll have to ask. Let us know how that goes.

Tdisney--
You'll have a great time in general at WDW, but I just love the Epcot resort area, and BCV is great. I don't know where you're staying, but go check out the Boardwalk area. To get a feel for the place you could get a drink at Hurricane Hannah's by the pool, get an ice cream at Beaches and Cream, see the street performers and rent a surry bike on the Boardwalk, eat at Cape May cafe character breakfast, get dinner at a Baordwalk restaurant .. well you get the idea. Do something to get the flavor of the whole area.

We bought there because the Beach Club was my favorite resort to stay at. At the time we bought, May 2003, they were selling BCV and Vero. They offered us a $10 per point "buyback" discount at BCV, and $15 pp buy back discount on Vero. We bought 300 points so we could have saved $1500 by buying at Vero. We thought about it, but my gut instinct was to buy Beach Club because I didn't feel that I would be completely satisfied and excited about the purchased unless we did. I am so happy that we did.

If we bought more points, I would buy WLV, as WL is my second favorite resort and when my little boy is older (he is 14 months now) it would be nice to be close to the MK.

Tdisney said:
I was jsut wandering how many people on this board are Beach club villas owners. I see alot of BWV and SSR pictures in their signatures but not alot of BCV. For those of who own at the BCV why is it that you bought there and not other resorts?

I own SSR and BCV. I bought BCV for the access to Epcot and that great pool. I also like the fact that it connected to a hotel yet seems so removed. I bought a small contract resale a few years back at BCV to take advantage of the point transfer glitch and in a worst case scenario to book there every other year. So far I'm 2 for 2 with the transfer and booking BCV at 11 months. F&W fest. was another reason for the add on as 11 months is almost a necessity during that time. All in all BCV is a great resort. :sunny:

We bought at SSR last year and plan on going home for the first time next May. what are the odds of being able to trade into BCV at the 7 month window?

londonderrydisneyfan said:
We bought at SSR last year and plan on going home for the first time next May. what are the odds of being able to trade into BCV at the 7 month window?

I'd say you have a reasonable chance in May maybe 65% chance of getting in. Book day by day at 7 months if you want to increase those odds. It is doable but next May, in theory, will be tougher than this May. More SSR owners will be in the system by then. Even a small percentage of those owners looking to get BCV at 7 months increases the competition for those rooms. I also feel that a high percentage of BCV owners bought there with the intention of staying there most of the time. Those owners book up a good percentage of those rooms 8 months or more in advance. This is my speculation but it does seem to jive with the BCV owners I've met and threads on this board. Good luck.

I purchased BCV in May 2002, site unseen before it opened and then did 2 add-ons, giving me a total of 600 points. So far all of my stays have been there as you can see from my sig. I love it there and don't really have any desire to stay anywhere else, although I will be going to VB and VWL in 2 weeks, not by my choice but DS and DDIL. The remaining 3 trips in 2006 will all be at BCV.
I'm beginning to get worried that I won't be able to get what I want and when I want at BCV if I don't book at the 11 month window so I always do.

contacted resale store. We bought our BCV points through The Timeshare Store and were very happy with everything about the purchase. I don't see anything on their site right now but you should contact them to let them know of your interest in BCV points. As soon as something becomes available, they will contact you.

BCV owner here and loving it!

I bought at BCV because it is what was being offered when I joined. But that suited me fine as BC is my all time favorite resort, with BW a close 2nd.

We first bought at bcv because that was what they were selling at the time, we had just got married then. We added on right away at wlv. We figured one would be good for staying close to epcot, the other for magic kingdom. We added on some SSR points a few years later.

A few reasons I bought at BCV. It was the main property available at the time...although HH & VB were also available.

It has a New Jersey theme and I grew up in New Jersey. I now live in Illinois.

My wife wanted something that felt "Florida-ish" and Beach Club Villas immediately fit the bill for her. This was a major selling point for my spouse. She refuses to stay at VWL because of the Pacific Northwest theming. She says if she wants to see tall tree's she will go to Seattle. I would actually want to stay at VWL.

And the key feature is Storm-A-Long Bay. We have 3-kids and the pool is always a major focal point of our trips. We have stayed at BCV twice now. Along with trips to HH, OKW & SSR. We are hoping to stay at VB this summer. :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter