Beach recommendations for Cozumel, Grand Cayman and Falmouth please!

A week or two ago several people on here reported that the Royal Palms was closing. We also went to Chankanaab in Cozumel and enjoyed it.

I don't see any indications regarding closure on their website. They are offering jobs just last week on their FB page.

I don't see any indications regarding closure on their website. They are offering jobs just last week on their FB page.

Hmmm, maybe they just closed for a short time? We have a WC booked so I've been looking for excursions. Someone asked about things to do and there was a reply that it was closing, so I assumed it was. Sounds like a good place to go, so hopefully it's not.

Hey there, do you recall the name of the restaurant, sounds like I need to check it out. We do not plan on doing anything in Cozumel, except a quick stroll in the Port and buy a few bottles of wine

We went to Palmeras which was about a ten minute walk north on the quay wall road. Great food, open air and a mariachi band that was pretty good

For those who went to Nachi Cocom, was it easy getting a taxi back to the port? Are you able to leave at any time or do taxis only come late in the afternoon? Thanks!

For those who went to Nachi Cocom, was it easy getting a taxi back to the port? Are you able to leave at any time or do taxis only come late in the afternoon? Thanks!

The last time I was there, we left around 230 or so, and taxis were just waiting. If you knew ahead of time what time you wanted to return to the ship, perhaps you could just arrange that with the driver that takes you to Nachi Cocom

The last time I was there, we left around 230 or so, and taxis were just waiting. If you knew ahead of time what time you wanted to return to the ship, perhaps you could just arrange that with the driver that takes you to Nachi Cocom

Thank you!

We booked through Resort for a day. The day pass came with transport from within the port. We, and a bunch of others, were brought to that resort and the Hyatt by bus and then picked up later in the day by the same bus driver.

I was looking into Hilton Rose Hall and was nervous about timing? Do you recall If you have to catch the bus by a certain time in the am? Any trouble geegrtingf back to the boat timely? Sounds like the resort is a 30 minute drive? Did you feel rushers? Adequate time to enjoy the resort?

We are doing the same cruise with kids the exact same age! For Cozumel we are going back to Playa Mia. It is perfect for kids. There is a fun kids pool, nice beach, and tons of activities to keep them busy. Not going through DCL this time because we are comfortable taking a taxi and buying the day pass there. And not paying for the terrible buffet (the a la cart menu looks much better and we’ll be full from breakfast ). It will come out to half the price doing it on our own.

In Grand Cayman we are doing the catamaran tour (includes beach). We did one in Antigua when our daughter was 3 and we had an awesome time. And the Dunn River Falls in Jamaica.

Have a great cruise!

If you're interested in something other than the beach, check out the Chocolate and Pinata Seaside Workshop in Cozumel. We did this excursion last year (3 generations) and thought it was great. It was really well done and our kids still talk about it. I thought the description sounded a little "meh", but it ended up being one of the highlights of the trip.

Can you share ages? We will have 5 to 75 yo and I am really considering this one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter