Becoming Fed Up With DVC - Any Suggestions

Just another thought, suppose you call the first day as if you were going to do a day by day reservation and request a 2BR/2Queen and you get it, can you them wait till the last day (your checkout day) and then link it to your first day, therefore only having to call twice.

Then you run the risk of someone calling during the days in between and getting the room you wanted, thus it's gone by the time you call for your last day.

Lesson - double check with Member Services. I'm calling back this morning to be sure that a ressie I made yesterday was done correctly. It was a little complicated and I'm just concerned that it was done correctly.

Also, I didn't think you could reserve a pool view room. I thought you could request it, but no guarantees. I seem to get most of my requests when I check in early.

You almost got it...

For a 5-night reservation checking in Dec 10, checking out Dec 15:
Call on Jan 11, reserve night on Dec 10; call Jan 12, reserve night of Dec 11; call Jan 13, reserve night of Dec 12, etc. Tell them each time you call
that you are booking day by day and they will hold off sending you a confirmation; tell them on the last call that you are done booking the reservation and they will send you one confirmation with the whole 5-night stay as one reservation #.

As to strategy #2, this works when you MUST stay somewhere at a specific time, so you book what you own (SSR or OKW) then change to what you want (BCV or BWV or VWL) day by day at the 7-month window. The benefit is that if what you want is not available at the 7-month window then at least you have a reservation somewhere. The drawback is that if what you want is not available for all of your days you will either end up with a split stay (potentially with multiple moves) or on the waitlist for specific days which may or may not come through.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the explanation! DH caught on much faster than I did - I guess my mind just doesn't work that way.

In defense of the OP, I just wanted to say that the EXACT same thing happened to me as the OP. I requested a DEDICATED 2bedroom/2Qs in second bedroom and got a confirmation in the mail for 2bedroom/1Q1Sofabed. I was also told it was available when I made my ressie. This was for F&W in Nov. I was irritated, but my kids are young enough that it didn't make that much of a difference to me.

We are now in the process of selling our BCV points (300) as we have 200 at BW (we like the pool better as we can sit with a drink and watch our kids swim unlike at SAB) and as our kids are getting older, it is harder to take them out of school.

In defense of the OP, I just wanted to say that the EXACT same thing happened to me as the OP. I requested a DEDICATED 2bedroom/2Qs in second bedroom and got a confirmation in the mail for 2bedroom/1Q1Sofabed. I was also told it was available when I made my ressie. This was for F&W in Nov. I was irritated, but my kids are young enough that it didn't make that much of a difference to me.

I still don't see why it should be necessary to defend a fellow DIS boarder/DVCer. I thought the purpose of this board was to share information, to learn and to help one another. I don't think that posters make up stories in the hopes of getting flamed and I don't understand why so many fellow DISers take the position of defending DVC and MS.

I have a Dec reservation for Beach club that states 2 bedroom with 2 Queen Beds in 2nd bedroom. I am bringing 8 people, and I need two Queen beds. I feel for the OP. I always check my confirmations, but some are not quick to open mail.

It happens all the time where one person says one thing and the other person hears something else. Thus it emphasizes the need to double and triple check these type of issues with anything along these lines.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter