Been a long time…need lodging advice for family of five

dramaqueencentral

Earning My Ears
We have not been to Disney in five years! Our annual trips stopped when kids got into high school. They are now all adults in college and we’re taking them back! I have booked a one bedroom villa at Jambo House but I’m second guessing myself due to sharing one bathroom with three young adult women! My husband wants to be on the Savanna and I’m now trying to decide between two separate rooms at AKL or a two bedroom villa but want to understand the differences between the AKL, Jambo House and Kidani Village accommodations. Any help appreciated.

We have not been to Disney in five years! Our annual trips stopped when kids got into high school. They are now all adults in college and we’re taking them back! I have booked a one bedroom villa at Jambo House but I’m second guessing myself due to sharing one bathroom with three young adult women! My husband wants to be on the Savanna and I’m now trying to decide between two separate rooms at AKL or a two bedroom villa but want to understand the differences between the AKL, Jambo House and Kidani Village accommodations. Any help appreciated.

I don't have a lot of experience with the villas but my understanding is that the biggest difference in these vs the traditional hotel rooms will be the presence of a kitchen.

Jambo has both hotel rooms and villas, while Kidani only has villas. Both have good table service restaurants, but the buffet restaurant and quick service are both at Jambo House. It is an easy 10-minute walk between the two but that may not be ideal if you just want to pop down for a snack or a coffee, especially first thing in the morning.

If a kitchen is not a necessity, if it were me, I would go with the two adjoining hotel rooms at Jambo House. If you end up with a kitchen at Kidani, at least you can make your own coffee! :)

When you say two separate rooms at Jambo, are you referring to two resort rooms or two studios? If going with two rooms at Jambo, I would go with two rooms on the resort side so you get 4 beds and instead of 2 beds/2 sofa beds in the studio. I like the location of Jambo better than Kidani - you get the soaring lobby and the QS option (though Sanaa at Kidani has a grab-and-go QS breakfast option) - though the buildings aren't that far apart so you can certainly go from Kidani to Jambo to use all of the amenities. In your circumstance, I would probably go with the two bedroom villa as you will get 3 full bathrooms plus a living room, full kitchen and washer/dryer - it's just a ton more space and more amenities, plus you are guaranteed to all be in the same room. When booking separate rooms, there is not guarantee they will be connecting.

When you say two separate rooms at Jambo, are you referring to two resort rooms or two studios? If going with two rooms at Jambo, I would go with two rooms on the resort side so you get 4 beds and instead of 2 beds/2 sofa beds in the studio. I like the location of Jambo better than Kidani - you get the soaring lobby and the QS option (though Sanaa at Kidani has a grab-and-go QS breakfast option) - though the buildings aren't that far apart so you can certainly go from Kidani to Jambo to use all of the amenities. In your circumstance, I would probably go with the two bedroom villa as you will get 3 full bathrooms plus a living room, full kitchen and washer/dryer - it's just a ton more space and more amenities, plus you are guaranteed to all be in the same room. When booking separate rooms, there is not guarantee they will be connecting.

Thank you! This is excellent feedback. As far as two rooms I’m considering it all. As of now I can book any of these options except a two bedroom at Jambo. Two bedroom villa is only at Kidani.

Kidani 1 BR villas have two full bathrooms, and in the living room there's a fold out single chair bed (twin mattress) as well as a queen fold out couch. Kidani 2 BR villas have 3 full bathrooms. The Kidani 2 BR will have the same bedding in the living room as the 1 BR and will also have a queen bed in the 2nd bedroom and either another queen bed (if a dedicated 2 BR) or a full size sofa bed (if a lockoff 2 BR).

If you can afford it, I would highly recommend either doing 2 resort rooms or the 2-bedroom at Kidani (I, personally, would do the 2-bedroom to the have living room space, W/D and kitchen). The pull-out chairs and sofas in the studios and 1-bedrooms are not comfortable, IMHO, especially for adults.

when are you booked for? If you can, I would at least change to a one bedroom at kidani villas so you can get two bathrooms

when are you booked for? If you can, I would at least change to a one bedroom at kidani villas so you can get two bathrooms

The middle of May. I did change it today to Kidani Village so we will have two bathrooms. Still pondering if we will switch to Jambo and just do two separate rooms. The 2 bedroom sounds great but I would rather spend that extra 3,000 on something else.
Please double-check that before you book it. I seem to remember hearing it had two bathrooms, but I have never stayed there.
yes, I did double check and rebooked the one bedroom Kidani with two full bathrooms. Thanks for your advice!

If you can afford it, I would highly recommend either doing 2 resort rooms or the 2-bedroom at Kidani (I, personally, would do the 2-bedroom to the have living room space, W/D and kitchen). The pull-out chairs and sofas in the studios and 1-bedrooms are not comfortable, IMHO, especially for adults.

I agree with this. When people have to sleep in the shared living space, it potentially puts unreasonable demands on waking and bedtimes.

Kidani Village and Jambo House are the names of the two buildings at AKL. Jambo House is the main hotel and has one floor of DVC rooms, while Kidani is all DVC rooms. Both buildings have savannah view rooms.

Kidani village 1 bedroom villas have 2 bathrooms, while the Jambo house rooms have 1 bathroom but a larger living room and kitchen. The pool at the Kidani building is going under a long refurb soon, but you can always walk over to the Jambo house pool.

All the floorplans are here: https://www.dvcresalemarket.com/listings/animal-kingdom-lodge/?tab=point-charts

I would do two separate rooms unless you absolutely need/want the kitchen. But that's just my vacation preference.

I would do separate rooms and save the 3K on a two bedroom. You'll be giving up the kitchen and living room area to meet but is it really worth 3K? To me it isn't.

I would skip the one bedroom since there is only one real bed. My kids are teen/adult and they can do a sofa bed or air mattress for a night or two but they need a real bed on vacation. Especially a Disney vacation. There is so much walking and physical activity they need to get good rest.

Two bedroom villas at Kidani are gorgeous! We stayed there on our last trip. There were three bathrooms, two big bedrooms and a vast living room, kitchen and dining area. We made breakfast every morning which saved money and gave us more time in the parks. Here are some pix:

Attachments

• CDC0F291-A2ED-4C18-A592-678B03980300.jpeg
    CDC0F291-A2ED-4C18-A592-678B03980300.jpeg
    75.9 KB · Views: 19
  • 2071057B-0C07-421D-B767-CD5E8B91C67A.jpeg
    2071057B-0C07-421D-B767-CD5E8B91C67A.jpeg
    39.7 KB · Views: 20
  • 53F558FB-400A-44D2-A340-70CECD0DFE75.jpeg
    53F558FB-400A-44D2-A340-70CECD0DFE75.jpeg
    59.2 KB · Views: 19
  • 215B749E-0077-460D-984A-DFEB5D1348D3.jpeg
    215B749E-0077-460D-984A-DFEB5D1348D3.jpeg
    47.6 KB · Views: 19
  • 2F187C10-7F32-467A-AF30-530080DCC78E.jpeg
    2F187C10-7F32-467A-AF30-530080DCC78E.jpeg
    89.8 KB · Views: 17
  • 84B406A1-6C9D-4EC3-A340-FCE047FB8DB1.jpeg
    84B406A1-6C9D-4EC3-A340-FCE047FB8DB1.jpeg
    70.3 KB · Views: 17
  • 8A7414AC-09D5-44E2-94BC-21BFB8566511.jpeg
    8A7414AC-09D5-44E2-94BC-21BFB8566511.jpeg
    55.6 KB · Views: 15
  • 27D2489C-1258-4D81-91E8-BCB93D703B5A.jpeg
    27D2489C-1258-4D81-91E8-BCB93D703B5A.jpeg
    76.8 KB · Views: 14

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter