Before checkin, what to do with food?

jjarman

DIS Veteran
We are going next summer and may decide to fly rather than drive. If we fly I will try to get in to Orlando around noon which would put us at the resort around 1:30 or 2:00. I would have Tiffany pick us up and we would probably stop at a grocery store to pick up a few food items. I got to thinking, if my room is not ready where would I put the food? I would bring a collapsible ice chest and buy ice for the room but could I fill it up first and have it stored with our luggage while we did some park stuff?

Bell services will just keep your food with the rest of your luggage. We had a couple of things like fruit and bottled water but nothing like yogurts, juice or milk that would spoil. If you had a styrofoam cooler, they'd probably keep it for you. If you explain what you have, I'm sure they wouldn't let your food go bad.

Where are you staying? The DVC resorts have a fridge to keep things until you get your room.

I haven't made reservations yet. This is June 2004 when we are going. It will most likely be POR.

I always purchase a cheap styrofoam cooler and a bag of ice during my grocery stop. When we get back to the towncar I take a minute and pack all my perishables into the cooler with the ice and re-bag the rest. The resort will just store all your stuff including the groceries and cooler until your room is ready.

TJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter