Before Coronavirus , have you ever had a vaccine?

I work in healthcare so yes I have had many in my life. I have had all my childhood plus more both for work and travel.

The usual ones and yes, one or two extra for travel. I will say though, my first go with the COVID vaccine did not turn out good....an allergist will be making the final decision on if I get the second shot.

Of course as a kid and then the flu vaccine most years. The first 2 years I lived in NC I got the flu and nearly ended up in the hospital both years. The vaccine is much easier to handle and has kept me from getting the flu again over the past 35 years. I finally have a CoVid vaccine appointment and can’t wait for my jab!

I've had all my shots and very little reaction. Tetanus gave me a hot sore spot for a couple days.

Did get chicken pox a 2nd time at 15yo and that stunk (1st time was very minimal for me when my older sister had it). Would've loved to have that shot available back then.

In my country 90-95% of the population is vaccinated, most of them in their childhood.
Next to that, I had some for travel.

I’m fully vaccinated and so are my kids. We never get the flu shot though. I got the flu shot once when I was pregnant with my son. My kids have never had a flu shot. It’s not that I’m anti flu shot but more that it’s another appointment I have to make and get the kids to. And until recently, with patients having accounts with their docs offices and receiving emails, I was never reminded to do the flu shot for them. They got their well child’s in the summer and they’d remind me then but I would forget by fall/winter time.

I’m fully vaccinated and so are my kids. We never get the flu shot though. I got the flu shot once when I was pregnant with my son. My kids have never had a flu shot. It’s not that I’m anti flu shot but more that it’s another appointment I have to make and get the kids to. And until recently, with patients having accounts with their docs offices and receiving emails, I was never reminded to do the flu shot for them. They got their well child’s in the summer and they’d remind me then but I would forget by fall/winter time.

Same here with the flu shot being more of a convenience thing for my kids and I. (My husband is an OR nurse so his is required for work.)

Last week I got asked at a doctor's appointment if I had received a flu shot this season and I honestly wasn't sure. I had to think through the last few months if I had been to the doctors for something else or not. If I happen to have a visit at my primary care during the fall or winter, I'll get the immunization while I'm there but I have never made an appointment just for that purpose. Same for my kids.

I worked at a university for a few years and got a flu shot on campus. But that was just because everyone in our department would walk over together to where they were giving them out in the student union. I likely would not have remembered or taken the time to go myself.

I work in healthcare and am former military who lived overseas. I've been vaccinated up one side and down another, with vaccines most Americans don't need and normally would never get.

I am old enough to have had both the small pox and polio vaccines. I actually had measles, mumps and chicken pox when I was little. I have also had a pneumonia vaccine and now the Pfizer vaccine for COVID-19. I think that’s it.

Oh, and a flu shot every year. I forgot that one for some reason.

Last edited:
I am old enough to have had both the small pox and polio vaccines. I actually had measles, mumps and chicken pox when I was little. I have also had a pneumonia vaccine and now the Pfizer vaccine for COVID-19. I think that’s it.

Me too. Small pox and polio vaccines. Had measles, mumps (twice) and chicken pox.
Flu shot every year for many years......and flu several times growing up.
Pneumonia, and shingles (3 of those). adding, I forgot, I have had Tetanus and Hep B series.
Waiting for Covid ones....first tomorrow

Last edited:
I've had all the vaccines, and then I had the boosters in Nursing school, and then I've had more boosters since then.

I received my Covid vaccine as well with no reaction. I work in a hospital and all of my coworkers were vaccinated and no one had a bad reaction - achy for a day, that was the worst of it. I only had a sore arm for a day and then nothing the 2nd shot. Pfizer. :)

Totally vaccinated, I've even had the smallpox vaccine even though I was born the year they stopped immunizing most people in Canada. (We traveled to South Africa a few times and so I was vaccinated before one of the trips, still have the scar!)

As soon as I am eligible for the Covid vaccine, I will be getting that as well.

All the usual ones, yes.
In another year & a half I'll be able to get the shingles vaccine and I am looking forward to being able to have that almost as much as the Covid vaccine.
Modern science is amazing!

Got 'em all. Most recent were a flu shot, Tetanus booster and Shingles. The most reaction I've had was a sore arm for a couple of days. *Knocks wood* I'm hoping the Covid shots will be more of the boring same.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter