Behind the Seeds Tour - Is there a DVC discount and has anyone done this?

WDWorld2003

DIS Veteran
I'm thinking of doing this tour with my DD16 and her friend who is 17. Have any DVC members done this tour and do you think it would be enjoyable for two teens?

Also, is there a discount for DVC members? Thanks for any help....

Don't know about the DVC discount but we went last year with DS 6. DH and I are both gardeners so we enjoyed it. DS like most of it, too, but it wasn't his favorite. See how much they like the Land ride and then decide depending on your teens.

The tour is inexpensive, I remember $8?? Don't quote me on that. It was fun. I think that there were 4 or 5 people on the tour, total. Go for it!

I'm thinking of doing this tour with my DD16 and her friend who is 17. Have any DVC members done this tour and do you think it would be enjoyable for two teens?

Also, is there a discount for DVC members? Thanks for any help....

In the Member's Perks booklet, pages 27 & 28:
20% off Magic Kingdowm Tours - valid for up to 10 guests, then lists: Disney's Family Magic, Disney's Keys to the Kingdom, The Magic Behind our Steam Trains & Mickey's Magical Milestones

15% off EPCOT Tours - lists: Around the World at Epcot, Backstage Magic, Gardens of the World, Hidden Treasures of World Showcase, and the UnDISCOVERed Future World.

More EPCOT tours - 15% off - lists: Disney's Dolphins in Depth, Epcot DiveQuest, and Epcot Seas Aqua Tour

Disney's Animal Kingdom Tours - 15% Off - lists: Backstage Safari, and Wild by Design

So, I'm really not certain that you can get a discount on the Behind the Seeds Tour...your best bet is to call MS and ask!

DH and I went this last summer. We really liked it! There were a couple of
pre-teens who seemed to enjoy themselves.
It all depends on your teens. If they have the attitude that many do, they will not like it. If they are pretty easy going and appreciate lots of experiences then they will do great. It really is interesting. Toward the end, you also see where they grow baby alligators, fish and a few other things (can't remember) besides the plants. My son (16) would have especially liked that part.

We were not members at the time so I am not sure of a discount but it is under $10 pp.

HTH

Ellen

The three of us did it on Thanksgiving day. We did get a DVC discount. It was pretty interesting, plus we got to eat some very tasty little tomatoes. It took about 1.5 hours to do the tour. It's all walking. It was cool seeing how they make those Mickey pumpkins. I think we had about 12-15 people on our tour. Kids get to put ladybugs out to help get the aphids and other bugs. They have several of them all day long. You sign up near the Soarin' entrance.

We actually try to do this one every trip. Yes, there is a discount, but right off the top of my head, I can't remember if it's a DVC or AP one.

We actually have done it twice, and it was reasonable. We had a better time when there were fewer guests on the tour, just 3 of us and one other family of 3, DH, myself, and DD who was 9 at the time.

Bring your camera. We loved taking pictures of the pumpkin with mickey ears.

Signup was right be Soaring fastpass area in 2005.

Thanks everyone - I booked it for April 4th.

With the DVC discount I think it was around $11.00 per person which is very reasonable compared to the other tours. I didn't want to take a chance that all tours would be full since it is Easter break week. I think the teens will enjoy it and I know I will.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter