• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Behind the Seeds Tour

retlaw_yensid

Mouseketeer
We were reading about this, and it sounds fun. The WDW website gives the phone number to make reservations, but I'm curious if anyone here has experience with making same-day reservations at the podium? Did you find that there were times available when deciding to do it last minute? We're going to be in WDW 1.29-19 - 2.5.19.

Thanks, in advance, for the replies!

-Ken

I did this for my dad as a birthday gift it was a lot of fun we did pre sign up but there were a few that did it when we were waiting. If you really want to do it pre sign up if you do not care about not doing it the wait and just go day of.

You will probably be okay doing it day of, but better idea: if you have two days at EP, make the reservation on your first day for some time on your second day. You'll probably have more choices of times this way.

We did walk up in November we were all set to standby Soarin when my sister saw the next available tour was in 20 mins and was like want to do it?
Highly recommend
FWIW the day we did it was the Friday of W&D weekend

How long was the tour? My mom would love it but needs to sit down every once in a while. Is it more than an hour? I assume there’s more standing and listening than walking correct?

I did this with my mom in 2017. My dad has really bad arthritis in his knees and was struggling hard that day so he stayed behind. My mom and I really glad he did... it’s a lot of standing and walking... mostly standing though there were a couple points where you could sit down for a bit though. The other thing is it’s HOT in those greenhouses it’s not super bad but I was pretty sweaty by the end but it’s a lot fun and I really enjoyed it I got to learn a lot of cool things like the catfish is names thomas o malley the alley catfish!

How long was the tour? My mom would love it but needs to sit down every once in a while. Is it more than an hour? I assume there’s more standing and listening than walking correct?
It is an hour and all standing walking you can bring a wheelchair or I believe an ECV when I did the tour there were two wheelchair user

I don’t see any need to reserve this, there’s several per day and usually many openings. We just walked up for ours. We really enjoyed this, I miss all the educational aspects of Epcot that have been removed, so it was nice to get a little feel of the “old Epcot”.Our tour guide was great also, which made the experience even better.

we have done it twice and both time did same day reservations. they give DVC and AP discounts too.

Great tour. I gave this to my husband as a gift and he still raves about it. Great agricultural, environmental and "wow, I never knew that!" kind of information. :daisy:

We did same day, group of six. Because it was Xmas week and later in the day when we inquired, there was only one tour left (last of the day). The one that was leaving in a few minutes was too full for another six guests. Unfortunately, just as I said let's do it, and was paying, I realized it was the same time as our Soarin FP! The guy was super duper nice and gave me two rider swap passes to use instead after the tour let out.

It was a GREAT tour and we were really glad to have done it.

Our tour ran long- about 90 minutes and there was nowhere to sit for a break. This was a few years ago so they may have tightened things up. You should be able to walk up and have your choice of times.

It is an hour and all standing walking you can bring a wheelchair or I believe an ECV when I did the tour there were two wheelchair user
Yes, it's ECV accessible. I did it solo using an ECV, same day booking. In fact, I may have gone on the next tour.

We booked a could days before with no issue! It was fun! I think it depends how animated your tour guide is.

The tour is about an hour, with exact timeing difficult to say because that depends on guest interaction with your CM. If guests have a lot of questions it can run to 90 minutes. Ours was about 75 and some of the best minutes of our trip. As there have suggested, it is walking and standing. I do not recall any benches. I am hoping my DGD wants to take it this December. She is an AG student and wanted to last trip, however it was July and way too hot to even consider.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter