Being offered this upgrade for our CBR room

Ah...gotcha. The AKL price seems fine, but I'm still incredulous that the move to POR was going to cost you $837 MORE than what you were paying at CBR. Yes the Royal Guest Rooms at POR are more expensive than Standard Rooms at CBR, but even at rack rate it should only be about 1/2 that increase. To make this an actual deal, the offer to move to POR Royal Guest should have been a couple hundred dollars less than what you're paying at CBR. And the fact that AKL (Deluxe) was going to be significantly less than POR (Moderate) makes no sense. Seriously, that's crazy. Disney messed up with those numbers big time.
It’s highly likely that this pricing structure was intentional. Disney did not mess up. POR was not the target destination. AKL was. POR was there to make the AKL deal look good. “Oh, we can get a deluxe for less than a moderate? That’s a no brainer!”

Staying at CBR mid October(5th sleeper standard @$3900 for 5 days)and being offered the following:
  • Port Orleans Riverside, Royal Guest Room Standard View Room – package price $4,737.00
  • Animal Kingdom Lodge, Resort View – package price $4,413.43 (this resort is a Deluxe resort)
AKL seems tempting but we are leaning towards just staying at CBR. The skyliner is a big plus and we tour heavy on Epcot/HS. Do any of these upgrades look like a great deal?
Just throwing it out there.. switching to AKL would qualify you for extended evening hours. We've done them a couple times and it's really worth it

It’s highly likely that this pricing structure was intentional. Disney did not mess up. POR was not the target destination. AKL was. POR was there to make the AKL deal look good. “Oh, we can get a deluxe for less than a moderate? That’s a no brainer!”
Maybe? But I've received similar offers for clients for that same timeframe, and POR Royal Guest was less than CBR Standard. I just priced out a 5-night stay in October for both places, and if the Royal Guest offer was $3737 instead of $4737 as indicated, it would fit. Don't get me wrong: I still don't think it would be a deal to move to POR, but I bet there was a typo there on that first number.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter