Being on 2 reservations

cn123

Mouseketeer
Question ...Me and my 2 daughters are going to bc staying on points in August 2018. My ex husband will also be coming but is staying at Caribbean beach as part of a package and there is free dining included. We want to have both girls on the both reservations because they might be staying with either of us on any given night I just got off the phone with Disney and they said I had to delete the girls off my reservation in order for them to be a part of his package which I don’t want to do because They will be staying with me as well . I know it’s not a big deal however BC does not allow pool hopping so I do not want to delete them . Anybody encounter this before? Or have some suggestions

Use a different name, such as their middle name, for the second reservation.

Use a different name, such as their middle name, for the second reservation.
I suppose I can do that but do you think it’s necessary? I really can’t think what the issue is. It will only be 3 of us in a 1 bedroom at the most. I was thinking to escalate to a manager to see if they can make exception. If the reservations aren’t linked how would they know the girls are on 2 reservations. BC doesn’t allow pool hopping and we spend a lot of times by the pool so I don’t want to remove them.

I had my husband listed on two different rooms for our wedding trip - me too come to think about it since I wanted access to the Beach Club pool from the reservation we booked my in-laws at the beach club. There were no issues whatsoever in everyone being listed on multiple reservations for the same night under the same accounts. (I also wanted the extra MBs lol)

Way back I put my name on 2 reservations along with the different people staying in the rooms. I needed access to put some things in there and wanted the freedom of helping get the room set up, etc. They canceled one of my rooms, saying it was a double booking, without even calling me. I found out by calling with another situation. Hope they changed that policy. But I haven't put my name on 2 reservations since!

I’m wondering if it’s because we told them the situation. He didn’t add them yet because they said to cancel them first maybe he’ll just wait a week and add them and not give the whole story of being on both reservations and I keep checking my Disney experience app to have fire they’re still on there. Still curious what the issue is.

You must use a middle initial or the computer will bump it out. I was on the phone with them for quite a while yesterday doing just this.

I’m wondering if it’s because we told them the situation. He didn’t add them yet because they said to cancel them first maybe he’ll just wait a week and add them and not give the whole story of being on both reservations and I keep checking my Disney experience app to have fire they’re still on there. Still curious what the issue is.

The issue is that it is Disney's policy. Modifying their names for the second reservation is the answer. Why take the chance of having to deal with this while on vacation?

:earsboy: Bill

So you want them to get the free dining plan with the CB reservation and be able to use the BC pool. That just doesn't sound above board.

So you want them to get the free dining plan with the CB reservation and be able to use the BC pool. That just doesn't sound above board.
Why does this not sound above board? They are paying for the benefits at both resorts so that seems to me that they should have used of the ammenities that all other customers have.

What if your kid has no middle name? Can a name be changed without modifying a reservation in any other way? For example on ressie 1 you write James A. Jones, and on ressie 2 you write James Jones. Later you cancel ressie 2, and change ONLY the name of ressie 1 to 'James Jones' (leaving out the fake 'A')?

Why does this not sound above board? They are paying for the benefits at both resorts so that seems to me that they should have used of the ammenities that all other customers have.

If it were above board, why do you have to lie about the names.

I don't see a problem as long as neither child is lead on the reservations. To be sure, do as the others suggest when you add them to the DVC reservation - list them with initials for first and middle names. My guests have never had to show ID to check in (unless they arrive before me and want to do the check-in).

Each child will have two magic bands and should link her ticket and make FP+ reservations using the MDE account for the package reservation. That will be the band to use for DP credits and park admission. They should use the BCV bands only for SAB access and entry to BCV room.

Last edited:
Free dining isn't exactly free as you need to purchase a package which includes tickets for the whole family and the room price increases for more guests.

To me you need to decide what is more important the kids getting into SAB or free dining as Disney says they should only be on one reservation.

I suppose I can do that but do you think it’s necessary? I really can’t think what the issue is. It will only be 3 of us in a 1 bedroom at the most. I was thinking to escalate to a manager to see if they can make exception. If the reservations aren’t linked how would they know the girls are on 2 reservations. BC doesn’t allow pool hopping and we spend a lot of times by the pool so I don’t want to remove them.
The issue is that their bands cannot be used to enter two different rooms. There’s no good way to know in advance which door they’ll actually be able to open. I imagine they’d have trouble accessing dining credits linked to one of those reservations, too. If that doesn’t matter to you, then go ahead and list them on both reservations.

Thanks everyone for your help. I can include both kids middle names on the 2nd reservation both kids passports have that anyway.

Technically if they are going for 7 nights, mom should book split stay with kids on resie for, say, the first 3 nights and dad should book split with kids on his reasie then for the last 4 nights (or some such). That way the kids are having access to what they are paying for.

So say SIL books SSR with her points and I book BCV. Would it be cheating for me to add SIL and BIL names by using middle names so they can come to SAB with me? Also what if SIL used her AKV to book a club level studio at AKV and I got standard view studio with my OKW. Then SIL puts me and DH's middle names on her club level studio so we can use the club lounge with them. Is that cheating?

Anyway...i dont think its a big deal in this case since the girls will be staying in both rooms at various times.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter