Bell Stolen From The Wall of The Firehouse

You would think that it would be tough to steal the bell without others seeing it happen. Hopefully there will be some documentation and maybe they've even caught the person(s) responsible. I just hope they throw the book at them, if so, to deter copycat idiots.

What a nasty, lowlife thing to do!

Do we think they have had to use something to pry or dig it out of that wall? I'd have expected DL to at least hang it on a stud or with a molly-bolt or something.

As well as tiktok or other SM platforms, I'd be keeping an eye on eBay or other auction sites if I were Disney. But I'm sure they've already thought of that.

Someone would have to be pretty darn stupid to post to tiktok or try to make a buck online selling it. I'd hate to think that an actual Disney fan would do something that horrible just to 'hoard' it like Gollum and 'the precious'.

I can't imagine they won't be able to catch them. With the reservation system and being to use the app location tracking, plus cameras to place people in that or other parts of the park, your list of suspects is huge but not unbearable.

I also think you can eliminate anyone on a child's ticket today because of the height, it's at the door frame.

ETA: Looks like it disappeared yesterday, saw on tiktok.

I volunteer to look over the camera footage Disney!

Last edited:
I'm sure Disney already knows who did this. They aren't gonna publicize that. There are literally cameras EVERYWHERE along with facial recognition tech at the parks. At least we can be confident that the person that did this will never step foot in another Disney park again.

I would imagine it was a cast member. No way a patron would have the time and tools needed.
You would be surprised at the things people do. I used to work for Hard Rock Cafe. Ive heard so many stories how things have been pulled or unscrewed from the walls and been taken by customers. And like Disney, Hard Rock have cameras everywhere.

I'm sure Disney already knows who did this. They aren't gonna publicize that. There are literally cameras EVERYWHERE along with facial recognition tech at the parks. At least we can be confident that the person that did this will never step foot in another Disney park again.
I'm glad they'll be able to figure out who it was, but I'm concerned with getting the bell back! I hope it isn't gone for good.

I would imagine it was a cast member. No way a patron would have the time and tools needed.

I agree that whoever did this probably pre-planned it. I'm not sure what would have been needed to get it off the wall. It looks to me as if it was yanked/pulled off rather than 'neatly' unscrewed and removed. Seems to me they'd have had to 'case it out' to see how it was attached and how easily it could be removed and how often/long the firehouse was left empty.

I'm not sure how thoroughly bags are being checked, but I'd have thought it wouldn't be easy to smuggle in a small pry bar-like thingy or a screwdriver, or even a 'multi tool' since most of those have blades.

Which does open the possibility that it was someone who had access to tools from 'backstage'.

That's incredibly sad news and I can't believe someone would stoop so low.

I've mentioned several times, every time I visit Disneyland, my first and last stop of that day is to visit Walt's fire house and ring the bell. Kind of a nod to Walt's memories and hope they find it to restore it back to it's proper location. Don't even want to think about a future visit to Disneyland, without the ability to ring that bell! :mad:

That's incredibly sad news and I can't believe someone would stoop so low.

I've mentioned several times, every time I visit Disneyland, my first and last stop of that day is to visit Walt's fire house and ring the bell. Kind of a nod to Walt's memories and hope they find it to restore it back to it's proper location. Don't even want to think about a future visit to Disneyland, without the ability to ring that bell! :mad:
If they somehow get it back, I can totally see them not allowing guests to touch it anymore. I'm shocked they were allowed to, anyway!

If they somehow get it back, I can totally see them not allowing guests to touch it anymore. I'm shocked they were allowed to, anyway!

There is really nothing shocking about it. The firehouse wasn't a popular location to stop by for most visitors but for those of us who love Disney history, it's a must stop location. They also used to do a Chip and Dale character meet right outside the firehouse too. Lots of families would be there and all the kids would then run around inside the firehouse and several rang the bell on the way out.

It was a nice interaction to have and I hope it's recovered. If it is recovered, I hope they still allow guests to interreact with it.....although hopefully a bit more secured to the wall.

There is really nothing shocking about it. The firehouse wasn't a popular location to stop by for most visitors but for those of us who love Disney history, it's a must stop location. They also used to do a Chip and Dale character meet right outside the firehouse too. Lots of families would be there and all the kids would then run around inside the firehouse and several rang the bell on the way out.

It was a nice interaction to have and I hope it's recovered. If it is recovered, I hope they still allow guests to interreact with it.....although hopefully a bit more secured to the wall.
We hugged Chip and Dale outside the firehouse just a couple weeks ago.

I would hope they would be able to install it in a way that would make it so you could still ring it but also make it extraordinarily difficult to remove.

I guess they could try having a CM inside the firehouse at all times. But there are so many areas in the resort with wonderful displays, artifacts, props, and so on that it would be hard to have someone personally watching it all (not just with cameras). It's sad that there are people who don't mind ruining things for others.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter