Benefit in Concierge

CptnJack

All Ears
What exactly is the benefit of Concierge service at AKV? What do people use it for and is it really such a big deal that people will buy AKV just for that?

Thanks

A major benefit for Concierge guests is that they are eligible for the sunrise safari that Disney has at the Animal Kingdom. Unless things have changed, this early morning opportunity is only available to a very small number of guests staying on the concierge level at the AKL.

HBC

What exactly is the benefit of Concierge service at AKV? What do people use it for and is it really such a big deal that people will buy AKV just for that?

Thanks

Many people on this board have indicated that giving up the concierge experience was one of the things that held them back from purchasing DVC. As MG indicated, there are some perks that come with concierge service that we do not get as DVC members, and some pampering as well. For many, that is a luxury of vacationing that they really enjoyed.

For those that enjoy concierge service, it is a very nice feature to have it offered to DVC owners, albeit on a very limited basis as MG indicated. :)

For those that enjoy concierge service, it is a very nice feature to have it offered to DVC owners, albeit on a very limited basis as MG indicated. :)

I think it was Happy Birthday Cat who indicated this, but I'm sure MG would have concurred.

But what perks and services? Are there other's that ONLY concierge guests can use? Just seems crazy that a C-level room is more points than a SV room...

My 4 year old agrees...

But what perks and services? Are there other's that ONLY concierge guests can use? Just seems crazy that a C-level room is more points than a SV room...

My 4 year old agrees...

You get free drinks and appetizers, continental breakfasts and stuff like that. Some folks on the resorts board like to save on meals by eating in the concierge lounge. And don't discount the sunrise safari, that is HUGE! Sometimes CL staff can get you into restaurants that are supposedly booked up also.

My 4 year old agrees...

I haven't stayed at a WDW C-room, but have at other hotels. Usually the C-room has someone who will make reservations at resturants for you(or ADR's at WDW) They have snacky type food out during the day, perhaps have drinks in the evening. You are "supposed to stay in a c-level room" to receive these services. Some hotels have special elevator access(must use room card to get elevator to stop at the floor).

I never have found C-level hotel rooms to be of value to me, but the big catch over at AKV will be to do the Sunrise Safari.

I think it was Happy Birthday Cat who indicated this, but I'm sure MG would have concurred.

Oops. :blush: I'm really not old enough to be getting people mixed up like that.

I guess I saw concierge and thought of MG. In any event, it is a very nice way to be pampered on vacation. Just not particularly worth it for us at this time. Maybe some time when it's just DW and I? :)

We stayed Concierge at AKL a couple of years ago and did enjoy it. We had a savanna(h) view room on the 5th floor on the Kudu trail. The concierge rooms for the AKV will be the pool and sunset savanna(h) rooms on the 6th floor. IMO the 6th floor savannah rooms are not as good as the 5th but have a much better proximity to the concierge lounge. (that's probably why they are not too many points more then the savannah view rooms)

I found the advantages of the AKL concierge:

- Itinerary Planning - they will arrange all those meals and events you want for your trip. This is partically helpful if plans change after 180 days (or park hours change), they have a better chance of getting some reservations at the last minute.

- Food. - Yes the food and drink! I don't think I need to say more!

- Special Safaris - The sunset and sunrise safaris are only available to the AKL concierge guests (I think that is still true). We went on the sunset safari and had a wonderful experience. I would love to go on the sunset safari sometime as well.

- General Access to the concierge desk - to answer you questions and give you a helping hand.

Now there is always the question 'is this worth the extra money/points?' I guess that is really much to subjective to even attempt to answer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter