• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Benefits to park hopper tickets??

Hoppers are especially handy during party season.

Yes, this is where you'll get a lot of use.

People who don't have hopping pack the MK on the days and nights when there is no party at night. And conversely, the MK won't be as crowded during the days when parties are that night.

So plan to be at MK during the daytime of party nights then hop those nights to other parks. When you want to see MK fireworks, go elsewhere during the day and hit the MK that night mainly for fireworks.

We have never been without hoppers, we have APs now but in the past the hoppers were a must. In over 30 years of going, some years multiple trips a year, we have only done one park in a day once and that was an accident. We were in Epcot and just sort of wasting time, it was during F&G and I wanted to see Herman's Hermits later. We walked by a DVC booth and thought for fun lets stop (we were actually doing a split stay between a AKV 1 bedroom and a BW studio that trip). They promised us they could do the presentation and get us back in time for the early show as I wanted to hop over to MK and see Tink fly that night. Best laid plans and all, the presentation took longer (it was at BW, no tour just a video and a coke) and my son and DIL actually did end of buying into DVC. Anyway, by the time the whole thing was over I had missed the early show so when they dropped us back at Epcot the plan was to hang around for the last one. We hadn't eaten all day, it was hot and all three of us were a little cranky so we just went to Mexico and grabbed a table at the tequila bar, had a drink and some snacks and called it a night. I missed the show, it was our last night so that ship sailed, and didn't make it over to MK either. Other than that one time, we have never only done one park a day.

There are 2 night shows at DHS and it is not a full day park for us, let alone two days. We hopped there both days and had great times followed by the evening shows. It was worth the slight cost just for that.

We get Park Hoppers because we LOVE Epcot and tend to eat most of our TS dinners there. However, they also come in handy during very busy times of the year - we do one park at rope drop and then leave when it starts to get too crowded, head to Disney Springs or back to the resort and then do another park later in the evening when the crowds start to thin. We also used to get them because we usually didn't spend an entire day at either AK or HS, but with Pandora opening soon I don't think that will be as common.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter