• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Besides Disneyland...

queso2992

Mouseketeer
We just booked our trip for June 4th-8th! So close! We always seem to book trips only a month out. It'll be just my parents and I as of right now.

Anyway, I'm an AP, but my parents are not. They're planning a max of 2 days in the park (Monday the 6th and Tuesday the 7th), so I'm interested in things to do in LA/Anaheim on the other days. We'll fly in early Saturday morning, so we'll have all day Saturday and a majority of Sunday, and then some more time on Wednesday before we fly out. We will have a rental car, so driving isn't a big deal. We are planning to be based in Anaheim the whole time, so that I can have extra park time if I want. :)

I know y'all have been great at giving suggestions for others, so if you have any can't miss things to do, let me know! Thanks!!

Personally, if I was doing LA I'd stay there the night of the 4th. You can always get some extra park time the night of the 5th after checking into an Anaheim hotel. Depending on what time you fly out on Wednesday you might want to do a character meal and then you can leave a little early for park time or just drive to LA and plan a stop on the way or near the airport for one last meal.

universal studios, knotts berry farm, la zoo, medieval times dinner, aquarium of the pacific, baseball games, hollywood tours, ... depends on what you are interested in and how much you want to spend.

La Brea Tar Pits. Mission San Juan Capistrano. Santa Monica Pier. Hollywood.

Personally, if I was doing LA I'd stay there the night of the 4th. You can always get some extra park time the night of the 5th after checking into an Anaheim hotel. Depending on what time you fly out on Wednesday you might want to do a character meal and then you can leave a little early for park time or just drive to LA and plan a stop on the way or near the airport for one last meal.

Luckily hotels can easily be changed or canceled! Switching hotels is definitely not out of the question, so we'll see what we want to do, I guess!

Wednesday, we fly out around 6 pm, so we probably have a little over half a day. I wouldn't typically plan a character meal since we're all adults (I'm 24!), but it might be fun?!

universal studios, knotts berry farm, la zoo, medieval times dinner, aquarium of the pacific, baseball games, hollywood tours, ... depends on what you are interested in and how much you want to spend.

Probably not any other theme parks just from the cost, but the others are good! I'll look at the zoo and aquarium. I already checked, and the Angels are out of town while the Dodgers are home. As a Texas Rangers fan, I don't think I could go to an Angels game...;)

I was thinking of checking out Hollywood as I've never done that before, but I'm not sure if we'll just explore ourselves or go on a tour. Thanks for your many ideas!

La Brea Tar Pits. Mission San Juan Capistrano. Santa Monica Pier. Hollywood.

Thank you! I always enjoy reading your posts because I know they are full of good information!

I'd heard of La Brea Tar Pits, but never looked into it. I will now! The mission is a great idea. I'm from Texas, so I've been to most of the missions here. It'd be neat to go in California! I was already thinking of Hollywood, but I'll look at the Santa Monica Pier as well!

I live in Hollywood and I mean I think the Chinese Theatre and stuff is cool, at least just to walk around in. The Hollywood tours are fun too, check out the one that's right in front of the Hollywood Wax Museum (not Madam Tusseuds) it's a fair price and they take you on some really scenic views up in the Laurel Canyon area/Hollywood Hills West. That and if you're looking for pretty sights definitely the Griffith Observatory, great at night.

In LA, the Getty Museum is another option if you like art museums, or the Griffith Observatory as PP had mentioned.

I like the beach cities too, like Santa Monica, Manhattan Beach, etc.

I'm not as big a fan of Hollywood personally as a tourist site, but I can understand the appeal.

My daughter and I are also watching a movie at the El Capitan movie theater in Hollywood. It isn't about the movie...but the location.

My daughter and I are also watching a movie at the El Capitan movie theater in Hollywood. It isn't about the movie...but the location.

El Capitan is awesome! They always put on awesome pre-shows and make sure to check out the Disney Studio Store next to it :)

El Capitan is awesome! They always put on awesome pre-shows and make sure to check out the Disney Studio Store next to it :)

Yes! We are excited. We are going to the pre-show of Finding Dory on Thursday June 16th. The person I spoke with said people who wrote movie would be there and there would be give aways etc. That is all just a bonus!

Yes! We are excited. We are going to the pre-show of Finding Dory on Thursday June 16th. The person I spoke with said people who wrote movie would be there and there would be give aways etc. That is all just a bonus!

That's awesome! Let us know how it is!

If you want to just go see the ocean, Huntington Beach is a pretty direct drive from Anaheim. About a 30 to 45 minute drive depending on traffic.

Maybe we will see you there! We got the VIP tickets.

Orchestra VIP was already sold out except for the first 2 rows which is a bit close! We'll be in left orchestra. It should be a fun night - we always try to get there early for the organist and pictures - and to check out the downstairs display since that's always packed after the show. Hope we get some great guests!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter