Besides Kazaa where else can you download software?

Beauty

DIS Veteran
I'm looking for the drivers on a HP ScanJet 6200C and of course the HP websight charges like $50 bucks for it which is half of what the scanner is worth....anyway I checked Kazaa and of course they had every scanner listed but this one. What are some other free download sights I could try??

Thanks!

Yes I know some people argue the rights and I choose to download things...my choice. Can anyone help?

TC,

All I have is the scanner, the power cord and the USB Cord. I don't have any type of software what so ever. I really don't exactly know what I need but at HP when I said I needed everything it was $50 dollars.

Can you tell I'm annoyed?? LOL! My DH got this and said what a super deal it was but that didn't include having to spend more money. I'm annoyed with him right now and annyed that neither he nor I have any idea how to make this thing work!

I think I need to just go outside and scream and rant and then I'll be okay!

Any help on what I might need would be hugely appreciated.

Typically, a scanner is bundled with a scanning application and some sort of OCR (optical character recognition) software. Individually, these are not cheap to purchase (as you found out). You might try downloading everything that you can for you scanner from the HP website and installing it. Then try accessing the scanner from, for instance, a paint program and see if you can connect to the scanner. It's worth a shot.

My scanner came with Paperport (which can be purchased as an aftermarket product). If you can get the drivers from HP for free, you could always wait for Paperport (or equivalent) to go on sale. I got my copy for free at CompUSA (after rebate).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter