Besides me, anybody driving over Easter?

dylansdad

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
Airfare is a little steep so we are gonna drve from NJ. Going to leave on 4/17 and make 1 overnite stop on way down. Headin back north on the 25th.

We have a tentative trip scheduled for Apr 15-19 and if we drive we'll be driving home on Easter Sunday from Ocala. I just hope the traffic on Easter Sunday is not as bad as the traffic was on the Sunday after Thanksgiving

We actually broke the trip up.
We are flying into Atlanta on Fri Apr 18th. My brother lives in Augusta, and we are going to rent a car and drive to his house for the night and the next day drive to WDW.
It was much cheaper than flying into MCO. We are returning the car at MCO and flying home from there.

We are coming home on Sat Apr 26th instead of Sun 27th because we got a great price for on a Delta flight home from MCO to JFK.

You don't need to fly in as far as way as Atlanta to get a better price, You might want to try flying into Jacksonville or some other city with 5 hours of Orlando. Rent the car at that airport, and just fly home from MCO.

Good Luck!
Cindy in NY

My DH and I are making our first drive down to Disney with our 7 month old daughter, my DH's sister, brother and brother's daughter. We are hopefully leaving on Friday, 4/18, and driving straight through, with breaks of course. We will leaving to drive home on Saturday, 4/26. Airfare was just way too expensive, and the flights were not very flexible. We have a Honda Odyssey, and we are having a DVD system put in for the ride down. I'm sure that we will use it often after the trip too! :) We also like the fact that we won't have to pay for a rental car either. With stops and breaks, we are estimating about a 20 to 21 hour ride, give or take an hour.

Call me crazy..........we are going to make the trip, by conversion van.....There will be 6 of us, 2 kids, 9 and 10, and 4 adults to share the driving. Thank goodness, its 1300 miles :eek:

Wish us luck.

(we'll be leaving the boston area around 11 pm on the 17, then leaving orlando on the 22, havent decided what time)

Patty

I will paint my truck lime green so you will know its me

Originally posted by pathubia
Call me crazy..........we are going to make the trip, by conversion van.....There will be 6 of us, 2 kids, 9 and 10, and 4 adults to share the driving. Thank goodness, its 1300 miles :eek:

I guess we're crazy too then, also driving 1300 miles from upstate NY. We don't leave until after Easter though (so the bunny can find us :) ) and will drive back on May 3.

Planning on a few day stop at a SC or GA beach, anybody have a favorite?

We are leaving from the Syracuse, NY area on Thurs., April 10 in the afternoon or very early Fri am. We'll be going via minivan w/ boys 4 & 6. Any suggestions on overnight stops, rest areas to play, best times to leave? I'll take any advice you all have! I already have lots of good ideas for keeping them entertained.

Thanks for the link. I printed out hotel lists for the 2 states we might stay in and will go from there! Thank You.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter