Besides WDW, where have you used points?

Buttercup

Mouseketeer
Hi,
We joined DVC in January and are looking forward to a lifetime of vacations, especially WDW. We've read about all the other places we can trade to, but would love to hear your opinions. Where else have you vacationed? How were the accomodations? And would you recommend it?

The only other place we've used points is at the Grand CA at Disneyland. It's beautiful and the CM's are great. We definitely recommend it!

DH really wants to do one of the river rapid adventure trips. I think that's fine, as long as he doesn't mind going with his dad. I'm just not that outdoorsy, or brave!

Thanks in advance.
Buttercup:)

We used points at Vero beach last year and LOVED it! The 1 BR Villa Layout is similar to OKW, but more the size of BW.

We tried to get into the Sagamore once, but they were full.

Spent this weekend at the Waters Edge in CT, not on points, but I would go back in a heart beat. We were in a hotel room, upgraded to ocean view even though they were full :-) Very, excedingly clean room, my onlly two comments were that the front doors into the lobby should open automatically, and there is no room for anything in the bathroom--no vanity, just a pedastal sink, and thye could add a shelf like at BW.

Anne

We used our points for the Disney cruise and loved it!!! Even though we didn't have any children at the time, we found the Magic to be very ideal for adults. We never felt like we were the adult party crashers on a kids party. In fact, we hardly ever saw many kids- I'm sure they were off doing their own thing having too much fun! Now, we look forward to booking a 7-day when baby is older for a completely "different" kind of cruise. We've also used points on a Hawaii exchange which was wonderful! I think we might book the Whitehall in Chicago for just an overnight getaway to tie in with some downtown Christmas shopping. I love the versatility. Right now DH and I aren't in a mode to do Disney EVERY year. However, we still find DVD to be better than other timeshares we've looked into because the flexibility of a point system is outstanding. Not to mention it seems to be easy to do exchanges when you are offering up such a hot property as Disney in return.

We've been to Vero several times, 7 day Disney Cruise twice and did an exchange to Key West.

Accomodations in Key West were great, brand new 2 bedroom condo with large screened patio. Disney quality.

We've used points at Vero Beach, it's a beautiful resort and we'll definitely go back!

We've also used points to stay at The Plaza Hotel in New York for a weekend. A wonderful experience, I'd definitely recommend it.

We're using points to stay at the Grand Hotel on Mackinac Island, MI for a weekend in September. I've been to Mackinac Island a number of times but never have stayed at the Grand. I'm really looking forward to it. I HIGHLY recommend going to Mackinac Island at least once!!

Stayed at the Jefferson in DC for 5 nights over the 4th of July week. It's a beautiful hotel, the staff is wonderful, the room was huge with lots of extras, and the location was ideal, 4 blocks directly behind the White House. I definitely recommend the Jefferson if you are going to DC.

Used our points to go white water rafting in Idaho!!!
It was absolutely incredible. I think I might still have the trip repor stored in Word, I could email it to anyone interested.
Email is Deseylou@aol.com

The Equinox in Manchester Village, Vermont. We loved it!

Weve exchanged with the Marriott Boston Custom House, Disney Cruise this fall, in the Spring-Mariott Breckenridge!! We are
very interested in learning more about the II excanges since we are currently thinking of cooling off from WDW and taking in other locations.

We have used our points at The Juniper Hill Inn in Windsor VT. It was incredible with even better than incredible food. We will also be going on 4 day DCL cruise on 9/30/01.

We have done the 4 day cruise twice and 4 nights in London.

Had an excellent time on all occasions

Ed
DVC 1994

Thanks so much for all your responses. I am so happy we joined DVC! It was a great decision. There are so many possibilities, it's going to take years to do everything.

Thanks again,
Buttercup:)

This last June we stayed at the Grand Hotel on Mackinac Island.

This Christmas we will have been to WDW 3 times on points, VB (the ocean is soooo beautiful!!) and the Woodstock Inn in Vermont (wonderful - free full breakfasts, lift tickets and ski rentals - and they have shuttle buses to their own private mountain!) We just became members last year! One of the best things we have ever done in our married life (despite initial misgivings). I just wanted to reply because we have already choosen what we will be doing for the next ten years (has anyone else done this or am I the only nut?). Next on our list is the cruise, then London, then Paris (DLP and metro rides into the city) for our ten year anniversary (we were there for our honeymoon), Venice and then the African Safari. Oh yes, plus of course some short visits back to WDW (we still want to stay at the Poly, WLV, YC, CSR and CR) I haven't booked anything past this yet though ;)

We have stayed at Hilton Head Island, Disney's Grand Californian at Disneyland and in 5 weeks we are taking the Disney's 7 day Eastern Carribean Cruise. We are contemplating a week in Hawaii for 2003.

4-day cruise on the Magic, Keystone Resort twice during ski season and Grand Californian at DLR.

We used points last year at Keystone River Run. It was between summer season and ski season, and was quite peaceful.

Oops, how can I forget. We stayed one night on points at the DL hotel in June. :D

We had some points that we had to use when we bought our resale so we exchanged to the Four Seasons in Marbella, Spain (report should still be on the board somewhere) and took a weekend trip to DLP, Sequoia Lodge.

JJ Penguin

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter