• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best car rental at LAX?

P

Pkdcoastrs

Hey!

So far we have airfare from NJ to LAX and a hotel (HOJO Anaheim) for the Disneyland ending to our trip ..... now we are looking at car rental!

I'm not familiar with LAX (Only MCO lol), are there a lot of on-site car rental companies? Any that you reccomend over others? We would need the car for 9 days!

Any help would be great, I'm going to start checking out mousesavers.com ,etc.... now!

Mike

I'm flying into LAX for the first time myself in July, but I already have my car rental booked through Alamo. I got a great rate because I combined an airfare/car package through Expedia. I'm getting a mid-size car for 4 days for about $98. I'm not sure what their regular rates are, but it would be worth checking into Alamo. :)

I booked a full-size (Ford 500/Taurus or similar) from Budget at LAX for $172 after tax for 8 days a couple of months ago for our trip in June. I think the rates have gone back up though. Small cars started @ $135 for the same time period.

I book National anywhere I go. Not only have I always gotten great service, but aside from the independent companies, I've always gotten the best rates at National. Check mousesavers.com for rental car company codes. They will save you so much. Also, I think she has a link for a free membership in National's Emerald Club that allows you to reserve an Intermediate car, then you bypass the counter, go straight to the Emerald Aisle and pick any car out there. At minimum, its an Intermediate, but you may snag a full size, a small SUV, or a convertible.

The one thing you need to be aware of is that there are no on-site car rental places like at MCO. All car rental facilities are located off-site and need a shuttle to get to. So, basically, they are all the same, with price or brand loyalty being the deciding factor. We're are renting through Alamo/National since we need to drop off the car prior to our Magic cruise, and they are located close to the on-site DL hotels where we're staying.

Pkdcoastrs said:
Hey!

So far we have airfare from NJ to LAX and a hotel (HOJO Anaheim) for the Disneyland ending to our trip ..... now we are looking at car rental!

I'm not familiar with LAX (Only MCO lol), are there a lot of on-site car rental companies? Any that you reccomend over others? We would need the car for 9 days!

Any help would be great, I'm going to start checking out mousesavers.com ,etc.... now!

Mike
When are you going? We're doing a very similar itenerary from NJ beginning June 27, except including San Francisco and Monterey.

I've tried every major car company, and the best rate by far I get is through Hertz with AAA discount. The other companies are as much as $100 more for 3 weeks. Of course, we're picking up at LAX and dropping off at SFO, so that may be why.

Have fun!

Dirk

Love seeing all these NJ travellers. We're flying to LAX Memorial Day Weekend and managed a pretty good rate about a month ago of $69.95 (taxes incl.) using the Entertainment book double upgrade through National for a 5 day rental.

Good luck.

I'm sorry to jump a little off topic but how far is it to DL from LAX? My husband and I are planning a trip for next Oct. and I don't even know where to begin! Please help a first timer! Oh and thanks for the car rental info! That did help!

I rented a car from LAX in May, from Budget, and it was $15 a day for a compact- they gave us a Taurus. I found that rate through Expedia. I have also rented from Dollar in Huntington Beach and dropped off at LAX for $22 a day (including tax), again I paid for a compact and was given a midsize. Some places charge a bundle to drop off at a diff locatiion, some charge nothing, so if you need to do this it pays to call around. Some of the chains have individually owned branches so one Budget may charge $80 and another right around the corner might have no charge, so it helps to call direct to the branch sometimes.

We have a reservation for a rental car at LAX. I have 180.00 for 14 days. I got it a while ago and when I check back, the rates have gone up. I used a coupon from the entertainment book and got 20% of the rental at Budget.

WOW!!! I just found this website Car Rental Express that searches all the INDEPENDENT car rental agencies and finds INCREDIBLE rates! I went to go through with a reservation, but after choosing the credit card type ...theres no box to put in your # ..and if you click send ..below it says "click once ...email will be sent to confirm reservation". Anyone use this website before? Car Rental Express

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter