• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best Character Dining

Hi all! Planning a first time Disney trip for 2 girls aged 3 and 1 and wondering if the character dining is really worth the cost? I know things have changed with Covid, so Im wondering how much interaction with the characters do kids actually get now? And for those who have recently experienced this, where was your favorite meal/ experience? Thanks in advance!
Interaction with characters is practically nil. For older guests who understand the reason why, the selfie's from a distance are acceptable at the present. But you are correct that the $$$ for character meals make them not a very cost effective activity.

Dh kept asking to do another TS meal but I knew it wouldn’t go well. Ds couldn’t sit through our QS meal at poly but chef Mickey’s he sat for over an hour watching the characters and monorail
What room in chef mickeys had a good monorail view? Thanks

I’ll jump in with my thoughts. I have three boys, ages 10, 8 and 6. We are fortunate enough to have family with DVC and have been on trips with all of them since they have been tiny. We went when they were 5/3/2 and they still remember dining, even if they aren’t fond of the character interaction. For your child who isn’t yet three, they are free. So I say do it now while it’s still cheaper. Also, most character dining keeps kiddos entertained enough for the adults to actually eat, and the memories of this one are for you just as much as them. My kids have loved Ohana, Hollywood & Vine, Tusker House, Be Our Guest (specifically for beast but I won’t pay Prix Fixe now) and even Cinderella Castle. Cape May was good too. Topolino’s we had an off good day so while it was beautiful and we got wonderful balcony photos, I wouldn’t make the trip if you aren’t staying there.

Hi all! Planning a first time Disney trip for 2 girls aged 3 and 1 and wondering if the character dining is really worth the cost? I know things have changed with Covid, so Im wondering how much interaction with the characters do kids actually get now? And for those who have recently experienced this, where was your favorite meal/ experience? Thanks in advance!
At that age, the 3 year old will probably be under the table or in your arms. The 1 year old won't even be aware. Our experience with our children, grandchildren and now great grandchildren is that they have loved dining at Park Fare more than any other character meal, and we have done them all. The step sisters are the best attraction money can buy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter