Best Character Meal for two adults

CupcakeLisa

Mouseketeer
We are visiting every park in the world and we are planning to do a character meal at every location.

What would people suggest is the best for two adults in their early 30s at Disneyland?

Not into princesses and if possible maybe something unique to California

Well, the only in-park character dining at DL and DCA are Minnie's Breakfast at DL and Ariel's Grotto (princesses) at DCA. So, if the letter of the law requires dining in the parks rather than at one of the hotels, those are your only options.

We are two adults, both 34 and we love Minnie's at The Plaza. We're from the east coast and frequent WDW, but on our last 2 trips to DL, we've loved Minnies.
  • Variety of characters is the best part with a mix of classic characters and some unique ones that you don't always see in the parks.
  • You also get what could be the most characters in one place without the hassle of waiting in line.
  • You get to see characters and eat your meal without leaving the park! (unlike Goofy's, etc. at the hotels)
  • Food is Disney buffet so you can't complain about that!
  • For us, it's a nice late morning break for an early park day.

Based on what you're trying to do, I would also opt for Minnie's Breakfast (at the Plaza Inn at Disneyland). It at least has a pretty interesting mix of characters. Otherwise there is Ariel's Grotto (Princesses, DCA), Surf's Up with Mickey and Friends (PPH), Storytellers (GCH), and Goofy's Kitchen (DLH). The latter three are in the hotels (of them, I'd go with either Surf's Up or Storytellers).

Food is pretty much the same for all.

Plaza Inn has the old time feeling of Disneyland. Plaza Inn has the most characters roaming around.
Allow at least 90 minutes for your CB at the Plaza Inn.

Well, the only in-park character dining at DL and DCA are Minnie's Breakfast at DL and Ariel's Grotto (princesses) at DCA. So, if the letter of the law requires dining in the parks rather than at one of the hotels, those are your only options.

Happy to do parks or resort!

Are all the suggestions buffet restaurants? Are there any that change characters more often?

I am hoping to maybe see some characters that are maybe not at character meal at WDW

Happy to do parks or resort!

Are all the suggestions buffet restaurants? Are there any that change characters more often?

I am hoping to maybe see some characters that are maybe not at character meal at WDW

If that's the case, I think you're still good with Minnie's. You will possibly get Captain Hook, Perla and Suzy of Cinderella, Mary Poppins penguins, possible Bert, Gepetto, Pinnochio, etc.

All of the CB's other than Plaza Inn have about 5 characters drift through.

Plaza Inn is the exception. WE generally see 8 to 10 characters each time, as long as we don't rush through breakfast. We plan to be there 90 minutes in order to get the most character interactions.

In Oct 2016 we saw... Chip n' Dale, Eeyore, Perla and Suzie the mice from Cinderella, Rafiki, Tigger, Winnie the Pooh, Max, Hook and Minnie.

Other trips we have also seen Geppetto, Fairy Godmother and a Penguin from Mary Poppins.
https://www.bing.com/images/search?...e&qpvt=disney+winnie+the+pooh+eroye&FORM=IGRE

I'm personally fond of the chip and dale breakfast at the grand Californian.
There's a great variety of characters, I always see someone that I did not see the time before. Plus you get the added bonus of having mimosas readily available and a slightly larger menu option .

Having done them all Mickey's Surfs Up at PCH Grill in the PPH hotel is our go to for adult trips.
What Characters are there at Mickey's surfs up? I was thinking of going to Goofy's kitchen but it sounds like Mickey isn't a guarantee and he's my favorite.

Minnie's is probably your best bet b/c of the large assortment of characters and dinning on the patio at the plaza is nice.
Second best option would probably be storytellers at GCH b/c of unique characters (but not as many as Minnie's) and it's the best food IMO.

What Characters are there at Mickey's surfs up? I was thinking of going to Goofy's kitchen but it sounds like Mickey isn't a guarantee and he's my favorite.
I'd go with Surf's Up if you're looking for Mickey. He's never been to any of our meals at Goofy's Kitchen. Typically it's Chip, Dale, Minnie, Pluto and Goofy. It's a fun meal for sure, but if it's Mickey you're after I wouldn't count on him being there. I'm pretty sure Surf's Up is the only character meal featuring Mickey. :)

I'd go with Surf's Up if you're looking for Mickey. He's never been to any of our meals at Goofy's Kitchen. Typically it's Chip, Dale, Minnie, Pluto and Goofy. It's a fun meal for sure, but if it's Mickey you're after I wouldn't count on him being there. I'm pretty sure Surf's Up is the only character meal featuring Mickey. :)
Thanks! Yep I'd be going to see Mickey. Plus I'm looking for a character dining not in the park - I'm thinking of going the morning of a Halloween party as I won't have access to the park until the afternoon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter