Best coutner service at WS?

Maude4Disney

DIS Veteran
I'm looking for some suggestions for counter service in WS. We LOVE EPCOT, but always seem to eat at the same places. It will be me, DH, DS10 and DS3. I'd like to try and get the family to try something new, but not have to do a sit down dinner, just in case their choice is not something that they enjoy.

I, myself, just tried sushi for the first time a couple of weeks ago and am now trying to get DH to go with me, I thought if Japan in WS had a good counter service that we could try something there and maybe I could get him to be adventurous.

But I would also like to try something different. I guess maybe we need to sample our way around the world??

Please tell me your favorites?? TIA :)

My favorite counter service is in Germany. Love the smoked ham sandwhcih on warm pretzel bread!

I have two favorites: Mexico and Germany. Both have great food (I love the chicken tacos in Mexico and ham and cheese sandwich in Germany), and the location/atmosphere for both is fantastic. Have a great trip! :)

We ate at Yakatori house in Japan. Good food, reasonable prices, and tucked away so very few crowds. It was relaxing to sit outside and eat. Don't remember if sushi was on the menu or not.

Give it a try. I know I'm going to stop there in January.

Julie

If you want sushi, definitly go to Matsunoma Lounge in Japan. They have very good sushi and the atmosphere is fantastic!

I really like the counter service at Japan. However, the Yakitori House really doesn't serve sushi anymore. Last time I went I remember only seeing California rolls. They do have good yakitori chicken, miso soup, and edamame, though.

Another good counter service place is Mexico. I've never had anything I didn't enjoy there.

Ok, sounds like Germany is a must do. Just thinking about the ham & cheese on pretzel bread is making me hungry.

Mexico is one of those that we always do, and probably will continue to do somehow.

I'll have to see if I can talk DH into something from Yakitori House, maybe just a sampling of something. any idea what size the portions are?

Thanks for the replies! Any others?

I just ate at the Yakitori House last week for the first time and I really enjoyed it. I had the Shogun Combo which was chicken and beef tenderloin in teriyaki sauce with steamed rice and it also came with some kind of green peas but I didn't eat them because they weren't cooked enough, too crunchy for my liking. The chicken, beef and rice was a good enough portion for me though. I think I had about 6+ good size chunks of chicken, a skewer with 4 pieces of beef and a lot of rice. I was quite full. :)

We stopped at the Cantina in Mexico this past Friday night - not expecting much, but we were starving and tired. We were very pleasantly surprised. We got the combination platter, and it was really good and worth the money in my opinion. We would definitely go back there again!

We like the Tangerine Cafe in Morrocco - have eaten there 3 times - for counter service its really quite good!!:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter