Best Disney resort for 8 & 11 year old?

jimmiej

I invented the Naked Segway Tour
We're hoping to take our neice & nephew next June-they've never been. My brother & SIL have promised to decide by the end of summer. I'd prefer to stay somewhere DW & I haven't stayed before(see below). Budget & moderates are OK money-wise & I might be able to afford a deluxe if I can get a good AP rate. So far, I'm considering AKL, or if money is an issue, ASMo, or maybe Pop Century. Obviously, the pool is a big issue. Any suggestions? Thanx.

We loved WL, the pool is nice and there's water crafts for rent. It's also close to FW for horseback riding etc. The boat to MK was great and from there it's a quick monorail ride to Epcot. The other suggestion would be YC or BC. I heard the pool there is unbelieveable, the boardwalk has a lot going on and it's an easy walk to Epcot and MGM. By the way, your wife and you are a really nice aunt and uncle to do this.

I have an 8 -year-old and a 12-year-old, who have stayed at 6 Disney Resorts so far. Their hands down favorite is the AKL, with the WL a close second. That being said, they liked all of the resorts except CSR, so you can't go too wrong!

Redmic, what about CSR didn't your kids like? Just curious

Redmic, what about CSR didn't your kids like? Just curious

I was wondering the same thing. CSR is our favorite resort. I would think kids would like it because of the Dig Site, the food court, the surry bike rentals, etc. I would consider this one if we hadn't already stayed there.

I have two boys two, 8 & 11. Hands down, their favorite resort is YC/BC. If you can get a good ap rate, I think its like 238.00 this year, same as a florida resident rate, it would be worth the trip. Their pool is wonderful, it is a waterpark all by itself. We are going for 5 days in June/July. They love the sinking sand part of the pool, the beach area where they bury each other, the pirate ship and long slide, the whirlpool, the bubble area, the 8 ft current pool, the waterfalls...should I go on! I love the pool too. Plus there is an arcade there, surrey bikes can be rented up around the boardwalk which is only a short walk away. They like AK too, that is where where are going for our last 3 days to "wind down".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter