"Best Dressed" at WDW or other vacation destinations -- Share your Experiences

wovenwonder

DIS Veteran
I just read the DCL version of 'Best Dressed' stories and was ROFLOL! I bet CB members can add a few experiences of their own.

HERE is the DCL list if you'd like a good laugh!

So [sarcastically] what are some of the 'Best Dressed' awards you would give out to people that you've seen on your vacations?

:D

I've seen quite a few "Best Dressed" on the DCL and at WDW. But this whole subject reminds me of when I went to Disneyland back in 1971 with a friend of mine. We were straight out of HS and our dream was to take a trip to California.

Since we were only 18, we couldn't rent a car, so we took the hotel shuttle to Disneyland. When we got to the ticket counter, they would NOT allow me to enter the park because I had a halter top and hot pants on.

This was the early 70's -- barely out of the 60's! It was the common dress at that time, along with mini skirts, etc.

Well, I was MORTIFIED! We had to take the shuttle back to the hotel so I could change. We returned to the park and they allowed us in then.

When I see what passes in WDW now, it always reminds me of how strait-laced and strict the dress code was back then and I have to laugh when I see what I see at the parks now!!!:eek:

Id say almost everyone should stay away from spandex!! Especially if your over 50!

Originally posted by TINKTWINS
Id say almost everyone should stay away from spandex!! Especially if your over 50!

You aren't kidding. Whenever DH and I go to Six Flags Arlington, there are a TON of somewhat out-of-shape moms dressed in TIGHT TIGHT TIGHT spandex pants/shorts and huge tees with a belt pack around their middle, cutting them in half. Usually they are topped off with a plastic visor, cheap plastic sunglasses and overdone (for a themepark anyway) makeup. :earseek:

Gayle(UDB)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter