• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best ground transportation

kpgclark

<font color=339900>There's nothing hum drum about
For our cruise our family of 4 will need to get from the airport to Universal, from Universal to the the cruise terminal, and from the cruise terminal to the airport. Anyone want to suggest the best way to do that? I checked Tiffany Town Car which we've done before and it looks like it will be about $220.

I think renting your own car is most likely the least expensive way to go. It will also give you more flexibility to come and go as you please.

There is an Avis drop off/pick up right at the Radisson hotel by the Port and is where most people drop their cars off.

Example....you fly into MCO. Pick up an Avis car from the airport, spend the day at Universal, then drive to the Port the morning of the cruise and drop the car off at the Radisson. Then take the Radisson shuttle over the ship. I am assuming you are staying over the night before the cruise somewhere?

When you get off the ship, you take the shuttle to the Radisson/Avis, pick up your car and drive to airport to turn it in. Much cheaper than other forms of transportation.

Check out www.mousesavers.com for some codes to use for Avis that will lower the price of the rental. We rented a mini-van for two one-way rentals and it only cost us about $57 including tax each rental. Much cheaper than limo service or DCL.

MJ

Thanks for that information! I really didn't want to drive though- too much of a hassle and I don't want to get lost. We're going to be at a hotel at Universal for three nights before the cruise by the way.

kpgclark,

I am with you on the cost of transportation. Our family is doing the exact same thing as you. We want to travel from the airport to a Disney hotel and then to the Port and back to the Airport.

I would like this to be a relaxing holiday and renting a car and have dh driveing and me trying to find the way will NOT be relaxing. LOL

I just can't believe that it will cost so much to go back and forth. If you were just going from from the hotel to the port and return it is ALOT cheaper.

It seems like a drag to have to spend so much money before your holiday even gets started. I have tried to figure out all different angles with all of the companies and can't seem to find a way under 200.00. The only suggestion would be to see if there is another family going at the same time as you that you could share a mini van with because I saw on one site that regardless of how many people are in the van, the cost is the same. Maybe post when your trip is and when you are arriving.

Good luck.

:smooth:

I'm assuming the cost for a taxi would be about the same as the TownCar. Anyone know if that is the case? I've used Tiffany Town Car before and they were very reliable and very nice. The only thing I didn't like was waiting outside for the driver to retrieve his car after meeting us inside. Seems like it would have been faster to grab a taxi.

I guess it could be worse.... the fare for the same trip in a limo is $470!

Have you gotten a quote from Rabbit@ http://www.yourride.net/?
Our group decided w/all our luggage, strollers, etc. we did not want the hassle of renting a car either. We got a several prices and Rabbit (a sponser on transpo brd) was the most reasonable. He will use his 15 passanger van w/trailer for luggage. It will include a stop at store and carseats. Wish you luck! :)

Thanks. I just checked there and the price is the same as Tiffany Town Car.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter