Best Italian restaurant?

Hannahh25

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone,

We would like to have a nice Italian meal during our 2 week stay in September, but are unsure of which restaurant to book.

On our trip 2 years ago we visited the Portobello in Disney Springs and enjoyed it (but of course it's currently not open!).

We like authentic Italian food, and ideally a restaurant which will be nice for an evening meal.

We're thinking Tutto Italia as the menu looks good, but I've also heard very good reviews about Via Napoli (though am I right in thinking it's quite a noisy/busy restaurant that may be more suited for lunch?).

Any other suggestions are also welcome :). Thanks in advance!

We liked Mama Melrose at DHS. I'd say that Tutto Italia is a better choice than Via Napoli (never been to Tutto though, only the wine cellar). We liked Via Napoli fine, but it was SUPER loud inside, so loud in fact that we asked to be moved to an outside table. It was really nice outside, great weather at sunset and good drinks. The pizza was fine (didn't order any pastas), but we've had better pizza locally. I won't eat at Via Napoli if we have to sit inside. I like a generally relaxing meal.

Via Napoli had the worst service we'd ever experienced. The waiter was unfriendly and rarely came by. We waited over an hour for our meals, and 4 of them finally came out and they were missing the last meal...which didn't come for another 10 min.

The food was average. Nothing special. We will likely not go back.

I'm Italian. Grew up in an Italian household. Had both Via Napoli and Tutto. LOVED Via Napoli. Found the food to be as authentic Italian. They import ingredients from Italy. Best pizza I've ever had!

Didn't care for Tutto. Food wasn't great. The place felt stuffy and over crowded.

We also love Via Napoli. Really good pizza and pasta dishes. We might be in the minority but we also loved Trattoria al Forno on the Boardwalk. Eaten there twice and had excellent food and service both times :)

Il Mulino by far. We went to Trattoria al Forno on the Boardwalk and enjoyed our meal. The fresh whole fish was amazing! We did not like Tutto at all. Family won't even consider going back.

We like Tutto Italia, I can't say whether it's authentic but it tasted good to us. I think VN is overrated but a lot of people like the pizza there. Never been to the place at the Swan, it might be authentic but I have some picky eaters who don't like the menu there.

We've been to Il Mulino, Via Napoli, Tutto Gusto, Mama Melrose, Tutto Italia, Trattoria al Forno and (I guess I should admit it) Tony's. We would rank them in roughly that order in terms of food. Il Mulino is a definite favorite for menu and food quality. My husband and I love the atmosphere and the relative quiet - and it's so convenient when staying in the Epcot area. For a lighter dinner of small plates (although they always offer the Tutto Italia menus too) Tutto Gusto is a great spot. And wonderful because no ADR is needed - have always been able to get a table in all seasons at all times of day. On the other hand, Via Napoli is the winner when weighing food quality with festive Disney atmosphere/menu selections for the whole family - they offer menu items that the pickier eaters in our family enjoy the most.

If you like thin crust pizza, I highly recommend Via Napoli!

The apps and pasta that we had were okay but the pizza was amazing! The cheese and crust are on point!

I agree with the majority of PP's. Il Mulino is the best on property. It's also a lovely restaurant, so if you are looking for a finer evening dining experience, this is the spot, IMHO (as others have said, they do not take the dining plan). I agree with the opinions on Tutto. The atmosphere is nice, but it's basically an overpriced Olive Garden. I like the pizza and food at Via Napoli, but it's quite casual and not really an upscale dining experience. Trattoria al Forno gets a distant #2 rating from me (and if you are on the dining plan, this is the one I would choose). It's more casual than Il Mulino and the food isn't as good, but it's definitely better than Tutto and the Boardwalk is a lot of fun at night as well.

We've not been to Via Napoli or Il Mulino, but we tried Tutto Italia on our last trip, and I had the best fish! We went fairly early, and it wasn't crowded at all. (If anything, I felt we got too much attention.)

We also love Via Napoli. Really good pizza and pasta dishes. We might be in the minority but we also loved Trattoria al Forno on the Boardwalk. Eaten there twice and had excellent food and service both times :)

This. Il Mulino is the best at WDW but $$$$. Trattoria is very good food and service, as mentioned, at good prices. An under valued gem on the Boardwalk. VP is great for pizza, but don't get it from the take out window.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter