Best Martini in the WORLD?

Tjkane28

A Bit Goofy
Where o'where is the BEST martini in the WORLD? :confused3 My DW is craving a martini, and has never had one, when we go as adults only, no kids this trip 4/1-4/4. Staying at AKL for first time.

What a great question. :) While I can't claim to have tried one everywhere, or even many, I have tried a few around the World. You have to decide if you want atmosphere, too.

My favorite, at the Jazz Club at PI, is no longer available. Atlantic Dance at boardwalk used to have a dedicated martini menu, but they may have done away with that when they stopped being a swing-dance place. (And it seems like they're barely open at all anymore.)

One choice is at the Outer Rim at the Contemporary, but depending on what time you go it can be a madhouse... it's right next to the steakhouse, and there's a big waiting overflow. Late afternoon seems to be a good time, before everyone returns from the parks.

Kimonos in the Swan isn't bad, either. And you can have some sushi.

Haven't tried Mizners at the GF, but I suspect it would be good.

Since this is a first time thing, make sure you ask for the good stuff. :teeth: (Bombay Sapphire is my favorite.) And if you like it and feel like another and really like olives, try a dirty martini, mmmm.

If in the MGM park try the Brown Derby. They make some mean marinis and have a dedicated martini menu. Its always a must for me.

Thank you both for the great advice. I knew I could count on a couple of DISers to lead the way! I'm a bourbon man myself, so I was of no help to her. Having stayed at the Contemporary twice before, I know The Outer Rim is a great place, and during this trip we just might wind up at MGM one night, and will make our way to the Brown Derby for sure. :cool1:

Depends on what she likes...

One of the very best we have had is right there at AKL, in the little bar near Jiko...a zebratini.

They make a great cosmo (gray goose) at the outer rim at contemporary.

The only good thing we had at yachtsman steakhouse was the drinks..lol, they had a rasberry martini.

MMMMM we had great drinks at Blue Zoo, at the Dolphin, fabulous bar. DH had a Mohito, I had some martini, don't remember hehehe :rotfl: . Really nice place.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter