• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best Moderate Disney Resort

C230K

Earning My Ears
Any feedback on which is the best option of the 2 available moderate resorts: Caribbean Beach or Port Orleans Riverside? We are planning a trip next April 22 (10 days after Easter to avoid the crowds).

I have heard about long waits for the Disney buses at Caribbean Beach. Not sure if Port Orleans Riverside is any better.

Also, any idea which resort was refurbished more recently. I was not really impressed with the "original" Port Orleans during my last visit 5 years ago.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Tony

Tony, you may want to post this question on our Resorts Board as well to get MANY opinions about the various moderate resorts.

I've seen both and you really can't go wrong with either; the CBR is more spread out and the rooms are SLIGHTLY larger. Both have undergone refurbishments in the past couple of years.

Good luck deciding! :)

Out of the two, I like Riverside better. Plus, it's the only moderate that sleeps 5 and we are a family of 5. We're DVC members, so we usually stay at a DVC resort, but when we're out of points and need a Disney fix, we have decided we prefer Riverside.

I believe they're refurbishing the pools at Riverside this year. We were just at WDW last week and DH said he thought the other part of Port Orleans was currently closed for refurbishing??

We've done both and we prefer PO Riverside. CB was too spread out and it took us forever to walk to the pool and the food court. The busses weren't that bad at either. I love the Mansion rooms at PO Riverside, the landscaping is beautiful.

However, the moderate my family likes the best is Coronado Springs. The pool was much bigger and the bus stops were great. We also liked the restaurant there better (the one that is kind of like a food court).

My favorite is definitely PO Riverside. I like the quiet, peaceful atmosphere and the beautiful landscaping. I think the bus service is just fine. We never had to wait very long for buses to any of the parks.

Beth

I too like PO Riverside. You can find the layout of the resort online (I'm sorry, I don't remember which sites). This can help you decide which area of the resort best suits your needs, near buses, food court, pool, etc. When you make your reservations request a certain area. We have done this in the past and always got our request. Hope this helps.

Without a doubt, CB. We have stayed there countless times and love the island theme. The food court is great and the rooms are comfortable. Each "land" has its own bus stop so you are never really far from one. Sometimes the bus wait is long, sometimes its not. To be honest, we have not stayed at PO so we have no comparison, but the CB location is great, especially if you wind up at Epcot a lot, as we do.

Last time I was at PO Riverside it was called Dixie Landings. However, I loved it. It has many shuttle stops and they seem to be convieniently located. I also like the peace and tranquility. In my opinion it is "very" different from PO French QUarter (which I'm not that crazy about). My mom booked this vacation for us and accidently booked French Quarter. Luckily it is having a rehaul so we were able to relocate! You will enjoy riverside!

Dizzy Laura
:tongue:

DH and I have stayed at both and we both preferred CB. We love the tropical theme. Never had to wait long for a bus and the food in the food court was very good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter