Best Off-Site Hotel?

We have also stayed at the Radisson Maingate and the Hyatt Regency.The radisson is a very nice hotel, but the Hyatt is a better class of hotel and we had a suite when we stayed there which was great.
Love Ella

I love Sheraton hotel....I have made friends with one of the hotel managers so everytime I go I just email him ahead of time with my confirmation # and he puts a block on a really nice room for me :teeth:

Embassy Suites South, located on Harbor Blvd in Garden Grove is the best, I'll second. Of course, I have annual passports, so we get free parking, so we drive to the park. The ART takes you to and from the parks though pretty quick. We like the suites (door to bedrooms!!) and cooked to order breakfast and manager's reception each day.

I see that disneyochem likes the Marriott Residence Inn at Disneyland. Does anyone else have any experience with any of the Marriott hotels in the area? We belong to their "rewards" club so I'd like to stay with them if they've got some good feedback.

LOLA2 said:
Which Embassy suites? North or south?

South. I really like staying at that property--you are so close to Red Robin, Outback, Bucca's, Joe's Crab Shack, Target, etc. We tend to eat offsite (not in the resort) during the fall/winter. Parks close so early that it is nice to stay at a place with extra room and variety of dining choices.

And, we have also stayed at the Residence Inn in Garden Grove. It is a great place to stay as well but I don't like the parking situation as much as the Maingate Residence Inn. The Maingate property feels more intimate---condos as opposed to a highrise hotel. And, my kids absolutely love the room set-ups--the loft is pretty cool to kids who live in a single story home! :)

mom2dzb said:
I see that disneyochem likes the Marriott Residence Inn at Disneyland. Does anyone else have any experience with any of the Marriott hotels in the area? We belong to their "rewards" club so I'd like to stay with them if they've got some good feedback.

We stayed at the RI maingate and it was excellent last August. There were 6 of us.Took ART when we did not want to walk.

Jack pirate:

Thanks disneyochem and Jack for the info. How is the walk to DL from the RI Maingate?

Not sure of the walk. I have free parking with my AP so we always drive. I know that people walk and have said it is around 20 minutes.

It is about 3/8 of a mile and took us about 15 minutes to get to the entrance. If you walk regularly, it is a piece of cake. We rather take ART than drive, even with the free parking. Parking spots disappear rapidly later in the evening so we leave the vehicle parked.

Jack pirate:

for the 2 br at Embassy suites south how many beds? Is it a king in one room and two twins in the other. Or is it really one bedroom and then sofa sleeper in living? I hope not, I hate when they consider a sleeper sofa as a bedrrom.

LOLA2 said:
for the 2 br at Embassy suites south how many beds? Is it a king in one room and two twins in the other. Or is it really one bedroom and then sofa sleeper in living? I hope not, I hate when they consider a sleeper sofa as a bedrrom.

The only suite that we have stayed in at Embassy Suites is with two queen beds in the bedroom and a sleeper sofa in the living area. I don't think they have two-bedroom suites, just two-room suites.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter