Best Off-Site Restaurant's Thread

We love Pei Wei. Inexpensive and really good. It is owned by PF Changs.

I love this thread!
We are staying off-site for the first part of our trip in August and I'm looking forward to eating off-property. There seems to be much more food variety and hopefully better prices too.
We will be staying at the Doubletree in Downtown Disney area and there appear to be many restaurants within walking distance. I'm about to map them all out and check out menus. I already know that Uno's and Sweet Tomatoes are not far from the Doubletree.
So excited!

It was not Briarpatch, for sure. All I remember about the place is that we walked around to the backside of a building to find a little courtyard w/ tables & another building where the actual restaurant was housed. Dh had a conch sandwich & I had I don't remember what. lol... I just remember the conch sandwich b/c he hadn't had conch before. It was a pretty spendy place, as I recall.

I'm told La Cantina is still there; just can't vouch for recent quality. ;)

Texas Roadhouse 192 W across from the new Harley Shope on 192

The 1st Texas Roadhouse opened in the early 1990's I believe in a liitle town called Clarksville IN just across the river from Louisville KY they soon had a few resturants in Louisville an just recently in the last couple months opened 1 near disney on 192

NEVER have I had a bad meal at any Texas Roadhouse. Prices a little cheaper than Outback Menu includes steak chicken ribs etc

Hi I am looking for budget friendly restaurants to feed a family of 5 we love buffets and regular restaurants. We will be staying at WBC so not too far off the beaten path.:goodvibes

So far I have:
Sweet Tomatos
Golden Corral
The Ale house
Pei Wei

When I am at Disney World I have to go to Bob Evans. I grew up in Ohio and fell in love with having breakfast at Bob Evans there. Now I live in AZ and we have no Bob Evans.

They are famous for their sausage so I encourage you to try either the sausage and cheese omelete or the sausage gravy and biscuits.

And I love how people keep asking about "local" places, as opposed to chains. Just read the thread! They are listed. But there are a lot of chains around WDW.

Thanks to this thread we tried Sweet Tomatoes for dinner last night. It's in the Crossings shopping center, down the street from DTD. What a pleasant surprise. $10.99 for adults and $6.99 for our 12 yr old. A full salad bar, fresh breads, 4 types of pasta, baked potato bar, 5 or 6 different types of soups, pizza, and desserts. After eating Disney food for a week and a half, this place "hit the spot.". You can sign up for some coupons too which were only good within the first 2 weeks of joining.

Thanks to this thread we tried Sweet Tomatoes for dinner last night...

...You can sign up for some coupons too which were only good within the first 2 weeks of joining.

That's odd I am a member of their "Club Veg" and I get coupons emailed to me just about every week. But they are only good for the following week.

Some locations run specials that don't require a coupon. Right now our local Sweet Tomatoes is running a "2 for $20" promotion Monday - Wednesday only. Two buffets, including beverages, for $20 +Tax. So maybe give them a call if you're thinking of eating there during your trip to see what promotions they may be running.

MODS!! Is there any chance we can make a sticky thread for
OFFSITE restaurant reviews? Maybe there is one ...I just cant find anything but this thread? What do you think?:flower3:

When I am at Disney World I have to go to Bob Evans. I grew up in Ohio and fell in love with having breakfast at Bob Evans there. Now I live in AZ and we have no Bob Evans.

They are famous for their sausage so I encourage you to try either the sausage and cheese omelete or the sausage gravy and biscuits.

And I love how people keep asking about "local" places, as opposed to chains. Just read the thread! They are listed. But there are a lot of chains around WDW.

Other than my homemade sausage gravy! I second the love for Bob Evens!:thumbsup2

Just heard about this on the Today show this a.m. http://www.yellowpages.com/products

It will show you restaurants and everything else in the area. DH and I tested it with gas station prices today and it was spot on--that's important for us because our truck is diesel. Great app

Posted from Disboards.com App for Android

Thanks for sharing. I went to yp.com on my phone and I didnt have to download the app to take advantage of the features. But I still may download anyway just because i love the apps!!! :lovestruc :lmao:

Agreed!! And if you are willing to dine in, restaurant.com has certificates that can save you a bundle. They also have thin crust pizza that my grandsons liked. Their appetizers are the bomb! :thumbsup2

I have a certificate for giordanos. Looking forward to trying it on Friday night. We plan on going to the one in 192. Can't wait !!! I also bought one for BB Kings. I am looking forward to trying that also. :)

Agreed!! And if you are willing to dine in, restaurant.com has certificates that can save you a bundle. They also have thin crust pizza that my grandsons liked. Their appetizers are the bomb! :thumbsup2

You have to try their Italian beef sandwiches:lovestruc This place is owned and run by a family from Chicago. I have eaten in their restaurants in both places and they are awesome. They even bring my hubby out some of the owners hot pepper topping stuff they keep n Fl for when they are in town for his sandwich. (they offer it with every sandwich in chicago) :thumbsup2

Lisa

As per my own overview, We tried the Shake n'Steak by the Crossroads in Nov. It was clean, cute and the service friendly but I didn't think the food was anything special. I had read it was cheap, but we still ended up spending about 40$ for lunch for our family of 5. It was only OK but I didn't think it was worth that! I probably won't make an effort to go back. Sounds like we'll have to try the Bonanza breakfast buffet!! Great thread!

I ate at Steak and shake last weekend and the bill was $22 for my family of 5. So I guess it depends on what you order. Kids meals are free on Sat and Sun, so there's that.

I am not sure if I already mentioned this on this thread, but there's a restaurant called Luma on Winter Park. It is a signature restaurant and the food is oustanding!

I'm going to throw this out there..yes, it's expensive and maybe not compatible with touring because you will be in a 'meat coma' when you get done...but I have to say it in case there isn't one where you live, because it is just so ridiculously amazing and just opened in Orlando...Fogo De Chao.

I'm going to throw this out there..yes, it's expensive and maybe not compatible with touring because you will be in a 'meat coma' when you get done...but I have to say it in case there isn't one where you live, because it is just so ridiculously amazing and just opened in Orlando...Fogo De Chao.

I LOVE Fogo de Chao! The ones in the States aren't nearly as good as the ones in Brasil but they are still super yummy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter