Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Consumer Cellular

• Spectrum Mobile

• Total voters

Carol_

DIS Veteran
Now that we’ll all be tied to our phones all day using the Disney apps to tell us where and how to take our next breaths…
Which service provider has the strongest signal in the parks?

I have unlimited right now but having gone over my monthly 50G, they’re threatening to slow me down… so I’m hunting for better and if I can get better with great service at WDW (and perhaps MCO?) all the better.
Are there great contracts out there for us heavy users and do they work at WDW?

We have at&t which works well for us.

A lot of small cell towers are being installed across the WDW resort. Reportedly, these small cell towers are not provider specific, so any cell provider can pay to use them. I would suspect that at&t will use them (unless they have their own) as they are the "Official Wireless Sponsor" of WDW.

The only choices are AT&T, Verizon, and T-Mobile. The others listed and not listed use one of those 3 for their underlying network.

I have had AT&T in the past with no issue and currently T-Mobile and again no issues.

I would not make a decision on this based on a vacation that I take infrequently. Choose the best provider that works in your home city for your daily life.

Ah but I take this vacation frequently and it kills my battery because the signal is weak. Got a boarding group using Disney WiFi because my signal was so weak. I’m just asking for recommendations. I originally got T-Mobile because I had trouble with data in Europe and thought they’d be superior being a German company… alas, not so good at WDW.

Also, lol at “home city”

I voted Verizon but really have no comparison outside of WDW wi-fi. Verizon has always worked well for us in the parks. 5 for 5 on BGs. We use Verizon at home because it's the only network that avoids connectivity issues in the area. My work laptop used AT&T and it did not work well in my area at all.

We have AT&T. I usually tell my phone to forget the WiFi in the park because it’s so slow and everything seems to run faster on data than on WiFi. In the resort room, the WiFi isn’t so bad - usually.

It's not the phone carrier, it's how the overall network is behaving that day.

I'm on the phone a lot for work, with two major carriers. I've taken quite a few awkward work calls looking at the castle. Some days I have no issues, some days I can't get either to work.

Even if the phone itself works, data can be a struggle in the parks, as everyone knows. I don't even attempt Disney wifi anymore. Even the wifi at "deluxe" resorts has failed me on Zoom and I've had to use phone data. If Disney expects us to depend on Genie all day, I hope they have a plan to fix this.

Added Spectrum mobile to the choices as I’m pretty sure they’re local to WDW

Added Spectrum mobile to the choices as I’m pretty sure they’re local to WDW
Spectrum Mobile runs on the Verizon network. Spectrum is owned by Charter Communications which is based in CT. Their FL presence is from Charters acquisition of Brighthouse Networks Cable System.

Spectrum Mobile runs on the Verizon network. Spectrum is owned by Charter Communications which is based in CT. Their FL presence is from Charters acquisition of Brighthouse Networks Cable System.
So are you voting for Verizon, then?
I’m also looking for a good deal on >50 gigs/month data usage.

I've had Verizon for years. Signal was excellent for years. I have noticed since we moved to Florida it has left a lot to be desired. We live about 20 minutes west of the parks off of I-4. Surprised since I always thought Verizon had the largest network.

I have AT&T and have had very few problems. The few dead spots I've found (I'm looking at you Liberty Square) seem to be universal dead spots. o_O

I'll be honest. I have more problems with wifi at the dang hotels than I do with my cell service.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter