• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best Place to View Spectro Magic

KarenC

DIS Veteran
My DS's band is going to march in the Spectro Magic pre-show on the 28th of December. I am so excited to get to watch them! Where's a good spot for viewing--I want to make sure to get a lot of good pictures! I'll need to be sure to ask him which side he's going to be on. The homecoming parade goes right in front of my house, but I'm always standing on the wrong side of the street to get a good shot of the handsome devil ;)

I think the best viewing spot is where the parade begins, in front of the car barn/barbarshop on main street. It's rarely ever too crowded and you can see all the floats very close-up.

Since when does Spectro have a preshow? Never has when I've seen it.

Anyway, Town Square is a good spot as Lori said. Another spot we often use is right in front of Hall of Presidents. Any spot where the route turns a corner is good because the floats go a bit slower there so you have more viewing time.

Steve

Originally posted by disneysteve
Since when does Spectro have a preshow? Never has when I've seen it.
Steve

I don't know whether this is a regular thing or not. As I understand it, it's through the Disney's Magic Music Days program.
The band is going to march and play "rocking around the christmas tree" at 7:45 p.m. Maybe they have more school groups there over winter break so they put them in front of whatever parade they can find?

I'm afraid being near a corner won't give me a good view of the whole band. Maybe just in front of a corner is a good idea?

It would be nice to have priority seating for this parade, but I haven't found a way to arrange that. (Our package gives us priority seating at the AK parade but no others) :( Anyway, I'm sure we will have fun and that my son will have a blast being on "vacation" with all his friends.

:D

Main Street, U.S.A. is my choice, but you have to get there early.

::MickeyMo Mickey76::MickeyMo

If the parade is starting by City Hall you would have a great view if you stood on the corner in front of the Emporium (I think that's the store) - it's on the same side as City Hall, caddy-corner to the flag. From there you would see them marching straight at you as they round the circle and then from the side as they start up Main St. If the parade is coming down Main St. towards the train station, I have gotten great shots from the curb in front of Tony's- again, you get a view of them straight on coming around the corner from Main St. and then from the side as they turn on the circle. If you have a good zoom you could stand on the train platform and shoot him from above - that way you could find him even if he's in the middle of the row! (not as good a spot if the parade is after dark - just realized you said the Spectro parade). Enjoy!:smooth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter